X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    Double Down!!

Comment

SUNDAY, 3-21-04.........NCAA tournament: (three regular bets)

1) (TOTAL PLAY)= MISSISSIPPI STATE/ XAVIER -- "OVER 138" (high scoring game) [WIN]

2) GEORGIA TECH (-5 1/2 or -6) over boston college [LOSS]

3) WISCONSIN (PK or -1) over pittsburgh [LOSS]
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX To all those that follow my picks:

I want to sincerely apologize for Sunday's (1-2) day. I agonized all night Saturday night and stayed up until 4:00am, then went to bed and woke up again at 6:30am, as I really only liked the Xavier/ Mississippi St. -- "Over" which was the first and only play that I posted. Based on my particular style of handicapping college hoops; I really felt that Sunday's board was horrible! Therefore, I can honestly say that I "forced" those other two plays (Georgia Tech and Wisconsin) because I felt I should be betting more than just one measly game!
      I don't usually "force" bets........I normally have more of a problem narrowing down a big card of games that I "like" rather then trying to squeeze a play or two off what I deem to be a lousy board!
      Giving out those two extra picks was totally wrong on my part. I surely did not give you my best Sunday as I had only one pick that was solid. I promise that I won't "force" any more plays!
      Now if those two games would have won or even split.........I would not have even wrote this. But since they both lost I really feel horrible and had to admit what I did........don't get me wrong; I didn't just flip a coin and throw those picks out there but they were really not strong enough (in my book) to warrant a wager.
      Even if only one person followed those two plays........it was one too many!
      Again........I'm sorry for the pitiful (1-2) Sunday!

In a strange way this might have been a good thing as it did remind me to only bet plays that I consider to be strong enough! Obviously, just because I think a play is strong doesn't mean it will even come close to winning; however, in the long run I feel that I can win a decent majority of my wagers. In the long run I feel that I have an edge by betting only those games that qualify as strong or solid (in my book). This edge will put money in my pocket and make this all worthwhile!
      There is no need to bet just for the sake of betting (action); only bet for the sake of winning!!

ONE LAST THING: JUST SO YOU KNOW...........I PERSONALLY BET EVERY PICK THAT I POST AND THOSE ARE THE ONLY BETS I MAKE except if I occasionally follow someone else on this forum. If I do follow someone else on this forum it is most likely IN ANOTHER SPORT beside the one I'm capping. I only handicap three sports: college hoops, college football, and pro football. I listed those in my order of preference for handicapping and wagering on.

Take care,
      Bennojd
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      Last edited by Bennojd; 03-25-2004, 03:58 PM.
      Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Good luck on the over Ben
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Thanks Homer!

I have also added two "side plays" in addition to the Miss. St/ Xavier "over" play.

Bennojd
          Last edited by Bennojd; 03-21-2004, 01:08 PM.
          Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Final picks for Monday:
            MONDAY, 3-22-04........NIT tournament: (one regular bet)

1) 8pm/cst -- MICHIGAN (-3 1/2 or -4) over oklahoma [WIN]
            --I SUGGEST BUYING A HALF POINT ON EITHER OF THESE LINES.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck!

Bennojd
            Last edited by Bennojd; 03-22-2004, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Like that michigan game alot good luck bud
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Updated CBB records thru Monday, 3-22-04:
                --2004 NIT tourney.................(5-0-1)
                --2004 NCAA tourney..............(8-7)
                --2004 cumulative record........(89-47-2)= this includes all posted college hoop picks from Sat., 2-14-04 to the present.
                ======================================

THURSDAY, 3-25-04.........NCAA tournament: (one best bet)

1) 6:27pm/cst -- **OKLAHOMA ST.** (-1 1/2 or -2) over Pitt [WIN]
                **BEST BET**
                --I strongly suggest trying to get this line down to a minimum of
                (-1) so that if Oklahoma St. wins the game then it CANNOT be a loss like it was with the Alabama/ Southern Illinois game!
                *I think that buying a half point or playing the money line are both good options here.*
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------

$$ I should have more picks (for the Thursday and Friday games) posted by Wednesday night or Thursday morning. $$

Take care!

Bennojd
                Last edited by Bennojd; 03-25-2004, 09:35 PM.

Comment

*****An important message from me can be found a few posts back in this same thread. The message is in the post that's dated 3-21-04 @ 4:05am. My message begins: "To all those that follow my picks" and that's who it is intended for.*****
                  =======================================

WEDNESDAY, 3-24-04.........NIT tournament: (one very small play)

1) 8pm/cst - (TOTAL PLAY) -- HAWAII/ MICHIGAN -- "OVER 136 1/2" [WIN]
                  --I suggest betting this play at HALF your normal wager; that is how I bet it.
                  --There will be much better plays to choose from over the next 4 days.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s.> I hope to post all of my Thursday "big dance" picks by very early tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

Bennojd
                  Last edited by Bennojd; 03-24-2004, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Updated CBB records thru Wednesday, 3-24-04:
                    --2004 NIT tourney.................(6-0-1)
                    --2004 NCAA tourney..............(8-7)
                    --2004 cumulative record........(90-47-2)= this includes all posted college hoop picks from Sat., 2-14-04 to the present.
                    =======================================

THURSDAY, 3-25-04.........NCAA tournament: (one regular bet)

1) 8:57pm/cst -- (TOTAL PLAY) -- WAKE FOREST/ ST. JOE'S -- "OVER 156 1/2" [WIN]
                    --I expect a shootout here but it's too high of a total to make the pick a "best bet" though.

2) I've upgraded my Oklahoma St. pick to a "best bet." That pick can be found a couple of posts back.

3) The third play I have for Thursday is a NIT pick. It can be found in the very NEXT post after this one. (Check back here on Thursday at 1pm/cst for a possible third play for 3-25=DONE)

$$ I will post Friday's picks by sometime late on Thursday night or very early on Friday morning. $$

Bennojd
                    Last edited by Bennojd; 03-26-2004, 12:30 AM.

Comment

This is my final pick for Thursday:
                      THURSDAY, 3-25-04.........NIT tournament: (one regular bet)

8:30PM/CST -- MARQUETTE (+6 1/2) over iowa state [LOSS]

Good luck!

Bennojd
                      Last edited by Bennojd; 03-26-2004, 12:00 AM.

Comment

good luck

Comment

good luck Ben!!

I may have to dabble some in that HEATHY over there! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!! Gv
                          I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

good luck. seems that whenever i play marquette im on the wrong side. :D

Comment

Way to Go

Ben:

From one White Sox fan to another, great call on Okie State. A lot of people were on Pitt.

GO SOX. Hope for another year of Cubs Suck.

PWong

Comment

Pwong8543:

Thanks!

Luckily, Oklahoma St. finally found their shooting touch in the 2nd half. Their offense in the 1st half was brutal except at the foul line.
                                My hat goes off to Pitt for a great season!

I am excited about the White Sox this year; I think they may surprise some people.

As for the Cubs.........many are predicting a trip to the World Series for them; all I can say: it's a long season and I don't think it will be a cakewalk for them. At least I hope not!

Bennojd

Comment

Working...
                                X