No announcement yet.

NBA Fixed you say??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, i think totals are more fixed in the NBA than the spread...
    ....CUZ I'M RICK JAMES BBYYAATTTCCCHHH!!! Show Charlie Murphy ya titties!!

Comment

I would love to hear what Memphis Mafia has to say about this matter;she is even older than I.
      I would say the odds are 100% of her saying that at least in some of the games over her years of watching the NBA that she would agree that something wasn't kosher.:D
      Frank-actually it is more fun to bash(with good reason) Loser Lawrence and other pretenders.
      Last edited by savage1; 03-01-2004, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1

Frank-actually it is more fun to bash(with good reason) Loser Lawrence and other pretenders.
        I agree!

This topic is played out. We can all agree to disagree.

Comment

One Last Punch :

Originally posted by savage1
          I would love to hear what Memphis Mafia has to say about this matter;she is even older than I.
          I would say the odds are 100% of her saying that at least in some of the games over her years of watching the NBA that she would agree that something wasn't kosher.:D
          Its really very simple to calculate if a NBA game can or has been fixed cause it boils down to the human factor and in my years I have noticed (without fail) that if a human being has anything to do with something :

' It Can "

" It Will "

" It Has "

been fixed , we are logical about being unlogical and if money has " Anything " to do with it ..... there will always be a angle explored !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ps - that is why I go with puppies instead of horses " They have No Man on thier back "
          " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Memphis-you said so succinctly what I and others blabbed about in much longer posts;you hit the nail on the nose.
            ps Is it possible and/or has any dograce ever been fixed and if so, how/

Comment

savage1

what a can of worms you have opened up !!!!!

Of course they have and will be fixed and I have been privy to some of the most outragous attempts at dupping track officials ever witnessed by mankind.

The Pari-Mutuel Assn. has had every trick in the book thrown at them thru the years and some of them very innovative indeed , but with the advent of drug-testing it really curtailed such attempts in recent times. My favorite such event was a few years back in Lutz , Florida (right where the earth drops off ) there was a very intelligent ruse used on a dog that was kicking major hinny everytime it hit the dirt . Well a few "gentlemen" got together and came up with a fail-proof rigging of race that was to take place at Derby Lane in St. Pete and everything went smoothly when they cashed some huge tickets as the overwhelming favorite lost by some 16 lengths and the loss had some pretty smart folks wondering how or why a dog that usually won by 16 could turn in such a poor effort and all the tests came back negative and had them at odds in thier attempt to look at this as a possible rig .

Well it just so happens that after a lengthly investigation and some fair research of "police reports" of disturbing the peace at the kennel the past week before the race , they uncovered 6 citations for loud music 3 days in a row before this race .

Iron Madien was the ultimate cause of this dogs not getting any sleep that week and when confronted with threats by officials one of the kennel-hands finally owned up to his part (and his new pick-up , paid for in cash) in the ruse and turned states witness against his partners in crime.

See what I mean about human-beings ???

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

savage1

was wondering if you even seen the responce above ?

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Memphis-to tell you the truth I forgot about it until you bumped it.
                  That is an amazing and funny story(well-not if you bet the favorite), and it just goes to show what you and I know about big money.

Comment

Yes

I was originally not going to post reply on this tread but since it had been brought up to my attention again I’ll share my part.
                    Sport event fixing is one of the oldest (except from prostitution) jobs.
                    Even in the old roman times way before Olympic games Gladiators were carefully monitored and protected. Even up to week before fights they were not allowed to go out and get drunk or screw some girls and every piece of food they put in the mouth was tried first by other slaves.
                    Fixing sport events take on different meaning today since society evolved into what it is today. There are numerous examples of human weaknesses that are being exploited. Professional athletes are not any different from us and they all have their own demons but are also under watchful eye of media as they represent role models for young kids and world icons such as Mohamed Ali.
                    There are so many undocumented times where they were engaged in sexual encounters (Kobe most recently) drug abuse, or some other heinous crimes set up or not. Some of them had been set up to have sex and do drugs just to be filmed and recorded and than blackmailed in order to fix certain games. They just can not allow to jeopardize their carrier in that way and easy way out is just to do as you were told. I college games it is easier to pay $$$ to some individuals or referees.
                    I am 100% certain that there are at least 1 out of 8-9 games that is fixed.
                    As an example look at Wisconsin playing Michigan state tonight……

Comment

Working...
                    X