Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bum's 2017 College Football Picks-Trends-News Etc. !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday’s six-pack

— Royals 4, Indians 3— Cleveland’s epic win streak ends at 22.

— 0-2 Bengals fired OC Ken Zampese after two home losses without scoring a TD. We do not live in a patient society.

— South Florida 47, Illinois 23— USF coach Charlie Strong inherited a strong team.

— Arizona 63, UTEP 16— ESPN announcers spent the last 20 minutes of this broadcast shredding the fanbase at Arizona State for ripping their team on social media.

— Dodgers 7, Nationals 0— LA has bounced back with three straight wins.

— Red Sox 13, Rays 6 (15)— Rays’ Kevin Kiermaier made one of the greatest catches I’ve ever seen in CF. Boston scored seven times in the 15th inning.

Saturday’s List of 13: College football trends for Saturday

College football knowledge for the weekend………quick trends

13) Western Kentucky is 11-5 vs spread in its last 16 games as a home favorite.

12) Last five years, San Diego State is 0-5 vs spread in the game the week before their conference opener.

11) Houston is 3-10-1 vs spread in last 13 games as a non-AAC home favorite.

10) Virginia covered nine of its last 12 non-conference games.

9) Northern Illinois is 17-5 vs spread in last 22 games as a road underdog.

8) California is 6-16 vs spread in last 22 games as a home favorite.

7) North Texas is 5-13 vs spread in last 18 games as a road underdog.

6) North Carolina covered six of its last eight games as a road underdog.

5) Purdue is 15-6 vs spread in last 21 games as a road underdog.

4) East Carolina is 4-14-1 vs spread in its last 19 games overall.

3) Cincinnati is 13-8 vs spread in its last 21 road games.

2) Kentucky is 8-14 vs spread in its last 22 games.

1) Louisville is 3-7 vs spread in last 10 games as a conference underdog.
    Remember the 3 G's Gambling, Golf, Girls not in any particular order.....

Comment

• Falk to start as No. 21 Washington State plays Oregon State
      September 15, 2017

Quarterback Luke Falk has had great success for No. 21 Washington State in three career wins over Oregon State, averaging more than 430 yards passing with 16 touchdowns and just two interceptions.

But Falk struggled and then was injured last weekend against Boise State, and backup Tyler Hilinski led the Cougars to a stirring victory in triple-overtime.

Still, Falk will be under center when Washington State (2-0) opens Pac-12 play by hosting Oregon State (1-2) on Saturday.

''I thought he played slow and conservative,'' Cougars coach Mike Leach said about Falk last week. The senior tends to over-analyze and needs to be more decisive, Leach said.

But there was no real chance that the FBS active leader in passing yardage, touchdowns and yards per game would not start Saturday.

''Luke's starting and will continue to play well I am sure,'' Leach said this week.

Leach had plenty of criticism for his entire team after the Boise State win. He was particularly rough on the offensive line, saying the Broncos were ''just whipping them.''

''They just don't mind getting their ass kicked,'' Leach said of his offensive line.

But he also took time to praise his team's resilience for overcoming a 21-point deficit in the fourth quarter to force overtime.

''That's what separates us from most other teams in the country,'' Leach said.

Oregon State continues to struggle, but Leach offered support for coach Gary Andersen.

''They are lucky to have Gary Andersen,'' Leach said. ''He does a good job.''

''I know they've got quality players recruiting wise,'' Leach said.

The Cougars were interested in recruiting Beavers quarterback Jake Luton, but already had Hilinski in the fold, Leach said.

''At some point they are going to click and play well together,'' Leach said.

Oregon State's job got tougher this week when the Beavers learned that starting defensive backs Xavier Crawford and Dwayne Williams would miss the game with injuries.

Still, Andersen has faith in his system, despite his team losing both its games to FBS opponents this season.

''I know the plan works,'' Andersen said. ''I've seen it work many, many times.''

The Beavers are looking to better involve running back Ryan Nall in their offense, Andersen said.

''Ryan is our workhorse,'' Andersen said. ''We want him to get more carries. We want him to get more yards.''

Things to watch for:

QB DEPTH:
      Washington State got an unexpected look at its quarterback depth last week. It looks pretty good. Hilinski finished 25 of 33 for 240 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winning 22-yard TD toss to Jamal Morrow in the third overtime.

FAMILY TIES: Washington State linebacker Peyton Pelluer was named the Pac-12 defensive player of the week after recording 14 tackles and returning an interception 36 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter, a critical moment in the Cougars comeback. Pelluer was the first Washington State player honored as the defensive player of the week since Shalom Luani in 2015. Pelluer comes from a family of Washington State alums. His great grandfather (Carl Gustafson), grandfather (Arnie Pelluer) and father (Scott Pelluer) all played football at Washington State.

SECOND-HALF SLUMPS: The second half of games has not been pretty for Oregon State. The Beavers are being outscored 88-28 in the second half in three games this season. That includes last week when the Beavers were outscored 28-0 in the second half in a 48-17 loss to Minnesota. The problems in the last 30 minutes are a change from last season when it was the first half that was Oregon State's problem. The Beavers outscored opponents 167-161 in the second half and overtime last season.

TACKLING MACHINE: Oregon State freshman David Morris had 17 tackles last week against Minnesota. It was the most tackles by an Oregon State player since 2010 and only 10 players in school history have recorded more tackles in a game than Morris. Morris is one of three true freshmen that have made an early impression for the Beavers. Linebacker Kesi Ah-Hoy has 10 tackles in three games, while wide receiver Isaiah Hodgins is second on the team with 13 receptions.

DAYLIGHT: After opening the season with two games that started at 7:30 p.m., the Cougars finally get a day game. This one starts at 2:30 p.m. Pacific time.

Comment

• Boston College, Notre Dame, renew Catholic school rivalry
        September 15, 2017

BOSTON (AP) Quarterbacks Brandon Wimbush and Anthony Brown are too young to have witnessed the heyday of the rivalry between Notre Dame and Boston College, the only two Catholic schools in the FBS.

Coaches Brian Kelly and Steve Addazio don't care much about the history, either - they're both trying to keep their jobs.

The Fighting Irish (1-1) are hoping to bounce back after a 20-19 loss to then-No. 15 Georgia last week that dropped them out of The Associated Press Top 25. After a 4-8 season last year, Kelly needs to avoid another disappointment like a loss to the Eagles (1-1) could provide.

''Both teams, Catholic institutions, have a lot of pride in playing each other, a lot of similarities in terms of our mission,'' Kelly said. ''It's always been a hard-fought game, and we expect the same going on the road against Boston College.''

Notre Dame has won five straight in the series, which has come to be known as the ''Holy War.'' Before that, the Eagles won six in a row from 2001-08, crushing the title hopes of the fourth-ranked Irish in '02.

Addazio hopes that the rivalry known as the ''Holy War'' will spark something in his young quarterback and overmatched - on paper, at least - team.

''Notre Dame coming into Boston College is a huge deal here, and we're excited about it,'' said the coach, whose team lost to Wake Forest 34-10 last week in one of the few winnable games on its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule.

''That's always been the backdrop, right: two prestigious academic institutions that are Catholic schools. Both attracted to a lot of the same recruits, a lot of the same guys, and so it's been that way forever,'' he said. ''It's a cool rivalry. It's a cool deal, and something certainly our players look forward to.''

Here are some other things to look for in Saturday's game:

QB ONE

Addazio left no suspense about his quarterback, saying on Monday that Brown would be back in the starting lineup despite being pulled last week after his third interception against Wake Forest.

''Anthony's ready to rock and roll,'' Addazio said. ''He's our quarterback, and we're looking to him to get going.''

Darius Wade, who has been a backup all four years at BC, remains in that role, ready to step in if the freshman falters again.

QB TWO

Like Brown, Wimbush made his second career start last week. But the Fighting Irish signal-caller is a junior who played two games as a freshman before dropping to the third string in 2016.

After throwing for 184 yards and two touchdowns and running for 106 yards and another score against Temple, Wimbush accounted for just 210 yards passing and 1 net yard rushing against the Bulldogs. Kelly said it was a matter of trusting his reads.

''Don't be indecisive. Be decisive, trust it and go with it,'' he said. ''I think that's probably the biggest learning curve for all young quarterbacks, is that at times they ... think a little bit too much instead of just trusting it and going with it.''

BALL CONTROL

Addazio's team had four turnovers against Wake Forest, but he gave Brown a pass on the interceptions. Two were tipped by the receivers, and the coach said the other was his own fault.

''The statistics of that game were a pretty close game,'' he said. ''But when you turn the ball over four times, two volleyball taps, you hand 21 points over like they're checkers, it's going to be awful hard to win a football game.''

MAKE NICE

Kelly snapped at a newspaper reporter last week who pointed out that the near-miss against Georgia reminded fans of last year's tendency to lose close games. The coach said his mind was on the 20-19 loss to the No. 15 Bulldogs and conceded, ''I probably could have handled it a little bit better.''

Last year's team lost eight games - the second-most in school history - seven of them by eight points or fewer.

CONNECTIONS

BC running back AJ Dillon's grandfather, Tom Gatewood, was an All-America receiver at Notre Dame, setting school records in 1970 with 77 catches and 1,123 yards.

Comment

• Penny, SDSU eager to make statement vs. No. 19 Stanford
          September 15, 2017

SAN DIEGO (AP) As ''opportunity games'' go, few will be bigger for star running back Rashaad Penny and the San Diego State Aztecs than Saturday night against No. 19 Stanford.

San Diego State has the city to itself after the NFL's Chargers bolted up the freeway to play in a 27,000-seat soccer stadium in a Los Angeles suburb. The Aztecs beat Arizona State 30-20 last Saturday night to snap a 28-game road losing streak to Pac-12 teams.

Now comes the chance to make a bigger statement, although it'll take an upset to do so.

The win at ASU was ''just telling everybody that we can compete with anyone,'' Penny said. ''Just because we're a Mountain West school, a lot of people take us for granted. We kind of showed Saturday that we were the most dominant, physical team and we can play against anybody and match up with anyone because this team has what it takes.

''We're excited because we have another big opportunity this Saturday in playing against a better opponent in Stanford. We can't wait. We're going to keep it rolling.''

Stanford (1-1) is looking to bounce back from a 42-24 loss at Southern California in its Pac-12 opener. The Cardinal allowed 307 yards rushing.

''Sometimes you have to be punched in the stomach and see how your team responds,'' coach David Shaw said. ''We have a veteran team that has won a lot of games, bowl games. ... We're still competing. Guys are competing for starting positions and for playing time. We have to bounce back and we look at the positives. A huge improvement has to happen between the last game and this week.''

Here are some things to watch for when Stanford visits San Diego State:

PENNY'S STOCK RISING

The senior leads FBS in rushing yards per game, 206.5, and all-purpose yards per game, 284. He went off for 353 all-purpose yards in the win at ASU, including scoring on a 95-yard run, a 99-yard kickoff return and a 33-yard reception.

Penny's 413 yards rushing through two games are the most to open an SDSU season since Marshall Faulk had 519 in his sophomore season of 1992. Penny is 34 yards ahead of D.J. Pumphrey's school-record pace set last season, when he finished with 2,133. Pumphrey set the NCAA's career rushing mark with 6,405 yards.

OH, BROTHER

San Diego State wide receiver Micah Holder is expected to line up against his twin brother, Stanford cornerback Alijah, for the first time. They grew up in Oceanside in northern San Diego County and have never faced each other in a game.

''I have mixed feelings about it,'' Alijah Holder said. ''I've never competed against my brother seriously. I'll be right across the line from him. It's new to me and what a stage. It will be something special. I played in Qualcomm (Stadium) in a high school championship game. Now I'll be playing against my brother there. My mom is loving it. She's making some T-shirts but I can't say what they'll look like. She wants it to be a secret.''

THE STADIUM

Qualcomm's naming rights deal, which was needed in 1997 to bridge a funding gap when the stadium was expanded for the Chargers, has expired.

The City Council is scheduled to vote Tuesday whether to accept a bid of $500,000 from San Diego County Credit Union to name it SDCCU Stadium. SDCCU is the new title sponsor of the Holiday Bowl. It had sponsored the Poinsettia Bowl, but that game has been ended by the San Diego Bowl Game Association.

Until the Qualcomm deal, the big concrete bowl was called Jack Murphy Stadium. The city wants to close the stadium at the end of 2018.

GROUND AND POUND

The teams expect a tough go with each other.

''They will run right at us,'' Shaw said. ''They're physical. They break tackles and have the speed to hit a crease and go all the way.''

Stanford's Bryce Love is the first Cardinal player with 100 yards rushing in each of his first four career starts. He had 160 yards against the Trojans, including a 75-yard TD run.

''They do a lot of similar stuff we do,'' Penny said. ''We like pounding them, we like smashing them down. They're going to play the same way. They're very physical up front. I know they're going to be a great challenge, but this is a big opportunity game for us and San Diego to see that we can really play.''

AZTECS VS. PAC-12

Stanford leads the series 3-1. SDSU is 26-79-4 against current members of the Pac-12. The Aztecs beat California 45-40 in San Diego last year. They've won consecutive games against Pac-12 teams for the first time since 1982-83.

Comment

• Stockstill hopes to lead MTSU
            September 15, 2017

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Conor Rhoda is taking over for good as Minnesota's quarterback.

Brent Stockstill may have a banged-up shoulder, but he says he won't let it stop him from leading Middle Tennessee State on another upset quest.

Quarterbacks will be the center of attention when the Golden Gophers (2-0) host the Blue Raiders on Saturday, hoping to deliver a little payback after Middle Tennessee eliminated Minnesota in the NCAA men's basketball tournament in March.

Rhoda shared the job with Demry Croft through the first two weeks of the season, with coach P.J. Fleck openly hoping to see one of the two grab hold of the job through his performance on the field and leadership off of it. After a 48-14 victory over Oregon State in which Croft was benched for much of the game because of a fumble, Fleck made the call to make Rhoda the starter.

''It's a really great feeling, obviously,'' Rhoda said this week. ''Just going through everything I've gone through over the last five years, there were a lot of days I thought this would never happen. It just really brings everything full circle and shows all the hard work I put in.''

That decision was only strengthened when Fleck announced on Tuesday that Croft would not be with the team against the Blue Raiders because of an unspecified disciplinary matter. It remains unclear how long Croft will be out, but Fleck intimated that it would be for more than just one week.

''Nothing ever will sacrifice the culture,'' Fleck said. ''Winning won't, either, or having two quarterbacks, that will never compromise our culture.''

There is no debate who leads the Blue Raiders (1-1). Stockstill owns Middle Tennessee career records for touchdown passes and yards passing per game and has endeared himself to teammates with his toughness. Last week in a victory over Syracuse he finished the game despite taking a crunching hit to the shoulder. He led touchdown drives on three straight possessions in the second half of the 30-23 victory.

''He's done it all his life,'' said Raiders coach Rick Stockstill, Brent's father. ''That game, especially in the second half after he got hurt, to do what he did was pretty incredible. I think it rallied our offense behind him. The toughness that not only he showed but our team showed, was pretty special.''

Brent Stockstill had an MRI earlier this week, but said he expected to play on Saturday.

''I'm doing good. Just got a little banged up,'' he said. ''That's part of the game, part of playing the position.''

Here are some things to watch in the game on Saturday:

RUNNING QB

Brent Stockstill carried the ball 11 times for 41 yards in the win over Syracuse. Coach Rick Stockstill was asked if he would prefer his QB not to run as often in hopes of avoiding injury. But he didn't believe the shoulder injury should change the way his son plays. ''As ineffective as we've been running the ball early this season, we need everybody we can to contribute,'' Rick Stockstill said. ''He's done a really nice job from that standpoint.''

FAMILIAR FACES

Fleck and Rick Stockstill have met before, when Fleck's Western Michigan team played Middle Tennessee in the Bahamas Bowl in 2015. The Broncos beat the Blue Raiders 45-31 to snap a six-game bowl losing streak. That experience does not figure to help Stockstill much in preparing for the Gophers. ''I'm sure he did some things at Western Michigan that he's not doing at Minnesota because he's got some different personnel. ... I don't think that will have any bearing whatsoever,'' he said.

GROUND GAME

The Gophers figured to have a strong rushing attack this season with two dynamic running backs returning to the mix in Shannon Brooks and Rodney Smith. They got off to a slow start in the season-opening win over Buffalo, but were much more successful last week against the Beavers. Brooks rushed for 91 yards and three touchdowns, Smith ran for 92 yards and a score. Fleck thinks staying committed to the inside zone run game in the opener against Buffalo despite its struggles primed them for the success they had last week. ''That will be a staple as long as I'm your head football coach, so we had to establish that,'' Fleck said. ''Because there's going to be a time that that's what we need to call, and we need to get two yards and that's our bread and butter or whatever it is, that's why we have to do those things.''

RISING STAR

Minnesota sophomore receiver Tyler Johnson ranks seventh the nation with 268 yards receiving this season on 10 catches. He had 14 catches for 141 yards all of last season.

Comment

• Oregon makes first ever trip to Wyoming
              September 15, 2017

Wyoming and Oregon face different concerns when they meet Saturday for only the second time.

For Wyoming (1-1), many will be watching to see if quarterback Josh Allen can perform well against a Power Five defense. For Oregon (2-0), the question is how the Ducks will handle playing for the first time in Laramie, which is about 6,700 feet higher in altitude than their home turf in Eugene.

Allen, who is considered by some to be a top NFL prospect, has not fared well in two previous meetings with major college defenses.

In the first game this season, Allen threw for 174 yards with two interceptions and no touchdowns in a loss at Iowa. Last season, Allen threw five interceptions and had one fumble in a loss at Nebraska.

Allen knows he didn't play well in those games, but he said he's more concerned about whether the team wins.

''I don't care if I throw for 500 yards or 5 yards. If we're winning a game, that's all I care about,'' he said.

Oregon coach Willie Taggart said there's really no way to prepare for playing in the 7,220-foot altitude at War Memorial Stadium.

All the Ducks can do is practice and prepare as they do for every other game, Taggart said.

''It is what it is,'' Taggart said. ''It's a football field with some lines and hash marks and a goal post.''

Some other things to know about the Oregon-Wyoming game:

WYOMING DEFENSE:
              The Cowboys defense has shown improvement so far this season. In the 24-3 loss at Iowa, Wyoming limited the Hawkeyes offense to 263 yards and forced four turnovers, including three fumbles. Last week, the Cowboys recorded their first shutout since 2010 by keeping Gardner-Webb scoreless.

Wyoming is ranked No. 19 in scoring defense, allowing 12 points per game, and No. 12 in total defense, giving up 229.0 yards per game.

Last season, the Cowboys averaged 34.1 points and 453.1 yards allowed.

OREGON OFFENSE: Wyoming coach Craig Bohl said the Cowboys defense will get its biggest test so far this season from Oregon. The Ducks are ranked No. 3 in the nation in scoring at 59.5 points per game and No. 2 in total offense at 634.5 yards per game. Despite those lofty numbers, Taggart said he wants more consistency out of his offense.

LONG TIME, NO SEE: The last time a Pac-12 team played in Laramie was in 1993 when Oregon State won 27-16. Over the next few seasons, two more Pac-12 teams will be making their way to Wyoming. Washington State will play there next year, and in 2020, Utah is scheduled to visit.

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE: Wyoming has won eight of its last nine home games dating back to the last game of the 2015 season. The Cowboys won all six of their regular-season games last year before losing 27-24 to San Diego State in the Mountain West Conference Championship game.

OREGON'S ROAD: The Ducks have won just one of their last six road games. Their only road win last season was at Utah on Nov. 19. A win Saturday would give Oregon its first 3-0 start to a season since 2014.

Comment

• USC hosts Texas in meeting of powers
                September 15, 2017

LOS ANGELES (AP) Clay Helton knows a little something about big-time college football programs struggling to live up to sky-high expectations.

So when the architect of Southern California's return to excellence says he sees imminent signs of the same restoration in Tom Herman and Texas, the Longhorns' fans should take heart. And the No. 4 Trojans (2-0) should be wary of Texas' visit to the Coliseum on Saturday night for a marquee early-season showdown .

Texas (1-1) ''is a team that I think is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode,'' Helton said. ''With each game under Tom Herman, they're going to get better and better. So we can't have a letdown, or we're going to get beat.''

Helton spent several seasons behind the scenes at USC as a stabilizing force in the chaotic coaching tenures of Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian. When Helton unexpectedly got the chance to lead the Trojans two years ago, the longtime assistant swiftly brought maturity and continuity to the talent-laden program, and wins have followed.

The Trojans have won 11 straight games overall, including last season's Rose Bowl. They've also won 11 straight at the Coliseum, where a sellout crowd of 92,348 will greet the Longhorns for the schools' first meeting since Texas claimed the national title in the epic 2006 Rose Bowl .

USC is the solid favorite in this matchup after its 42-24 rout of Stanford last week. Sam Darnold's offense is running exceptionally well, racking up 91 points and 1,144 yards against strong opponents in its first two games.

''To me, he is one of the better quarterbacks in the nation,'' Texas linebacker Naashon Hughes said. ''I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks that, too. He is great in the pocket. I didn't think he could run that well at first, but after watching more film on him, he can move around pretty well. He makes his team better, which is what you ultimately want at quarterback.''

Texas bounced back solidly last week from its embarrassing home loss to Maryland in its season opener, but USC presents a new level of challenge for Herman's first team. With uncertainty at quarterback and questions on defense, the Longhorns will need a quantum leap to pull off the upset in LA.

Here are more things to watch when Texas meets USC in the Coliseum for the first time in 50 years:

QB QUANDARY

Texas quarterback Shane Buechele missed last week's game with a sore shoulder, but returned to practice this week. Freshman Sam Ehlinger got his first career start and victory against San Jose State, but USC presents a larger challenge for an inexperienced passer. Former starter Jerrod Heard is now a receiver, but also could be a factor as a ball-carrier.

TEXAS TESLA

USC tailback Ronald Jones II is from the Dallas area, and his junior season is off to a phenomenal start. The ''Texas Tesla'' already has 275 yards and five touchdowns on the ground in two games, showcasing his improved physicality along with his usual speed. He has teamed with freshman Stephen Carr to provide a relentless rushing attack in USC's first two games, and Texas' run defense will have to prove its competence.

CROSSED ROOTS

Don't be confused by the accents of these two coaches. Helton grew up in Texas, going to high school in the Houston suburbs before playing quarterback for Herman's old team, the University of Houston. Herman is a product of the Los Angeles suburbs, growing up in Simi Valley and playing receiver at Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks.

BALLHAWK HILL

Texas defensive back Holton Hill already has three touchdowns this season on two interception returns and a blocked field goal return, becoming the brightest spot on an otherwise unremarkable defense. With his 6-foot-3, 200-pound frame, Hill is big enough to play with physical receivers and fast enough to stay with speedsters such as USC's Deontay Burnett. Darnold may want to look elsewhere.

FOR KICKS

Both teams have concerns about their placekicking, which is something to keep in mind in a close game. Texas kicker Joshua Rowland is 0 for 3 on field goals, including one blocked kick returned for a touchdown. USC began the season with two kickers after the dismissal of Rose Bowl hero Matt Boermeester, but Michael Brown tore a knee ligament against Stanford, leaving the job in the hands of freshman Chase McGrath.

Comment

• Wisky to face struggling BYU offense
                  September 15, 2017

PROVO, Utah (AP) Wisconsin hasn't been tested so far this season, and this week could be more of the same when the No. 10 Badgers face a BYU team with a meager offense.

The Cougars rank 125th in total offense and may be without starting quarterback Tanner Mangum.

BYU coaches declined to answer questions about Mangum's health or if he practiced. Neither he nor backup Beau Hoge was available to the media this week.

''I can't say anything right now,'' BYU offensive coordinator Ty Detmer said. ''We'll just kind of see what happens come Saturday.''

The Badgers rank No. 19 in the nation in scoring defense, allowing 24 points so far. They are 19-3 under coach Paul Chryst when allowing 20 points or less. BYU has allowed 46 points and scored just 13 combined points in two games, including a shutout by No. 12 LSU. The Cougars were held to -5 rushing yards against the Tigers and failed to cross midfield. They also lost 19-13 to Utah.

Detmer said there wouldn't be a change in the offensive scheme under a different quarterback, but they always tailor things to the strengths of players on the field. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Hoge is considered more mobile than Mangum, who's a traditional pocket passer.

''They run a real similar offense to what we run here,'' Wisconsin defensive end Alec James said. ''Going against our offense in camp has helped us. We'll be ready for them. They do a great job with what they run and we'll just have to be ready for them.''

Other things to watch when BYU hosts Wisconsin:

ON THE RUN:
                  Freshman running back Jonathan Taylor has had quite the start to his college career, including 223 yards and three scores on 26 carries last week against Florida Atlantic. He boasts the kind of power, speed and big-play potential that the Badgers haven't had in the backfield in a few seasons. Now he'll be playing in his first college road game. It's also unclear whether Wisconsin will have sophomore Bradrick Shaw back after he missed the Florida Atlantic game with a right leg injury. Regardless, Wisconsin already has good depth in the backfield with Taylor and junior Chris James, who rushed for 101 yards on 16 carries last week.

ON GUARDS: The effectiveness of the run game though might be affected by the health of the offensive line. LG Jon Dietzen and RG Beau Benzschawel were each listed as questionable this week with right leg injuries. Micah Kapoi, a junior who has started 13 games in his career, would probably slide in at left guard if Dietzen can't go. But Chryst would decide between a pair of sophomores at right guard if Benzschawel sits out. Either Jason Erdmann or David Moorman would make their first career start.

JACOBS' RISE:
                  Leon Jacobs is off to a fast start in his return to outside linebacker. The athletic senior was shuffled to other positions earlier in his career before returning to the edge to start opposite Garrett Dooley. Jacobs leads the Big Ten with four tackles for losses.

HOLDING DOWN THE FORT: The BYU defense has been the bright spot for the Cougars. The unit ranks No. 39 in the nation in scoring defense, allowing 17.3 points per game. They allowed Utah in the end zone just once in seven red zone trips last week. Linebacker Fred Warner is tied for No. 8 in the country with 26 tackles and defensive end Sione Takitaki has four tackles for loss, two sacks and two quarterback hurries.

''You hate to praise one and then just crap on the other one, but let's be honest (the defense) has been doing really good,'' BYU coach Kalani Sitake said.

RB ROTATION: BYU went into the season with a running-back-by-committee approach after losing all-time leading rusher Jamaal Williams to the Green Bay Packers. Junior Squally Canada started the first two games, but had just one carry against Utah last week. Junior Kavika Fonua started and had a team-high eight carries last week, but managed just 22 yards. There's optimism that 6-1, 255-pound Ula Tolutau is healthy. He rushed five times for 25 yards and a touchdown against the Utes.

Comment

• Florida trying to avoid 0-2 start
                    September 15, 2017

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) No. 24 Florida is trying to avoid another significant setback under coach Jim McElwain.

Two weeks after losing a season opener for the first time in 28 years, the Gators are facing the possibility of starting 0-2 for the first time since 1971. Sure, Hurricane Irma wiped out a likely victory against overmatched Northern Colorado of the Football Championship Subdivision . But what will become a footnote does little to diminish the importance of Saturday's home and Southeastern Conference opener against 23rd-ranked Tennessee (2-0).

It's likely the most important game in McElwain's three seasons, a chance to erase lingering feelings from that humbling loss to Michigan in the opener or create the kind of early season hole no Florida team has seen in nearly five decades.

''This is a big game, huge game,'' Gators linebacker David Reese said. ''You could look at this game as almost like a do-or-die type of game. It's like a real big point, a fork in the road.''

Florida is 3-8 against Top-25 teams under McElwain, with six of those losses coming against three of the nation's top programs: Alabama, Florida State and Michigan. Losing to rival Tennessee for the second straight year and at home - the Volunteers haven't won in Gainesville since 2003 - and McElwain surely will start feeling some heat.

''One of the great lessons you learn in athletics and especially the game of football is sometimes you get knocked down,'' McElwain said. ''The measure of a true man is how he gets back up, and that's what we're going to do.''

McElwain was talking about rebounding from Irma. He easily could have been talking about the opener.

The Gators were handled on both lines of scrimmage, failed to score an offensive touchdown and benched quarterback Feleipe Franks in the third quarter for Malik Zaire, who was even less effective.

Florida looked more lost than usual offensively, showing no clear identity, no sense of urgency and no plan to fix it.

McElwain subtlety pointed a finger at his team's strength and conditioning program, suggested offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier needs to find ways to get the ball in the hands of playmakers and then said his guys have to win more one-on-one matchups.

How the Gators respond against Tennessee will say even more.

''It's very critical,'' defensive tackle Khairi Clark said. ''Just knowing that we're down, we just have to prove ourselves and that we can accomplish anything we want to accomplish if we just play together, have that mindset and get both sides of the ball running.''

The Volunteers are looking to start 3-0 in consecutive years for the first time since 2003-04.

They eked out a double-overtime win against Georgia Tech in the opener and dominated Indiana State last week. Beating Florida again would make Tennessee the early favorite in the wide-open SEC East.

''The big thing is belief in going on the road and winning football games,'' Vols coach Butch Jones said. ''I do think that's a byproduct of now being 17-4 in our last 21. Our players expect to win.''

---

Some other things to know about the 47th meeting in the series:

KEY INJURIES:
                    Tennessee will be without linebacker Austin Smith for the third consecutive game. Two backups, cornerback Baylen Buchanan and tight end Eli Wolf, also won't play at Florida. The Gators will be without linebacker Kylan Johnson because of a hamstring injury that has plagued him since the beginning of fall camp. Johnson had four tackles in Florida's opener.

ANOTHER COMEBACK? In each of the last three meetings, the Florida-Tennessee winner has trailed by at least nine points in the second half. Florida scored the final 10 points in 2014 to win 10-9 and erased a 27-14 deficit to win 28-27 in 2015. The Vols won 38-28 last year after trailing 21-0.

SUSPENSIONS CONTINUE: Florida will be without nine players suspended indefinitely, including standout receiver Antonio Callaway and starting running back Jordan Scarlett. The nine are being investigated for alleged credit card fraud.

GETTING DEFENSIVE:
                    The team that fixes its shaky defense could have a huge advantage Saturday. Tennessee yielded a team-record 535 yards on the ground to Georgia Tech and has allowed 400 or more yards rushing in four of its last seven games against Football Bowl Subdivision teams. The Gators, who rode their stout defense to consecutive East titles, surrendered 215 yards rushing and 218 yards passing against Michigan.

Comment

• NCAAF opening line report: Defending champs take on Heisman favorite in Week 3

"After opening Clemson -3, the number quickly moved to -4 before settling back to Louisville plus a field goal."

College football heads into Week 3 trying to deal with the effects of Hurricane Irma. The Miami-Florida State showdown has already been postponed until Oct. 7, and the Tennessee-Florida clash could be affected as well.

We check in on the opening lines with Dave Mason, brand manager for offshore sportsbook BetOnline.ag.

No. 2 Clemson Tigers at No. 14 Louisville Cardinals (+3)

Defending national champion Clemson (2-0 SU and ATS) held off Auburn on Saturday with a 14-6 victory as a 6-point home chalk. That came after a 56-3 Week 1 bashing of Kent State as a 38-point favorite at home.

Reigning Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson has helped the Cardinals’ offense put up a lot of points the first two weeks. Louisville edged Purdue 35-28 laying a hefty 25.5 points in Week 1 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, then topped North Carolina 47-35 Saturday to narrowly cover as an 11.5-point fave.

“We are expecting this to be the biggest bet game of the weekend,” Mason said. “After opening Clemson -3, the number quickly moved to -4 before settling back to Louisville plus a field goal. Jackson’s high-powered offense will be put to the test against a Clemson defense that has yet to give up a touchdown.”

No. 23 Tennessee Volunteers at No. 25 Florida Gators (-7)

This SEC contest, set for 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday, is still in play, but could end up moving from Gainesville, depending on how the hurricane plays out over the next couple of days. Or it could join Miami-Florida State in getting postponed.

Tennessee is out of the gate at 2-0 SU, but has failed to cash in either game. The Vols opened with a 42-41 double-overtime victory against Georgia Tech as a 4-point favorite at a quasi-neutral site, the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. On Saturday, Tennessee dumped Indiana State 42-7, but fell short of covering the 37.5-point spread at home.

Florida’s Week 2 game at home against Northern Colorado was canceled due to Irma. The Gators (0-1 SU and ATS) opened the season at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, losing to Michigan 33-17 as a 4.5-point underdog.

“Early bettors hit Tennessee right from the get-go, quickly moving Florida from 7-point favorites to -5,” Mason said. “Even though they are coming off a bye (due to the cancellation), the Gators’ disappointing Week 1 loss to Michigan is still fresh on the bettors’ minds.”

Texas Longhorns at Southern California Trojans (-16.5)

Southern Cal had much less trouble with Stanford in Week 2 than it had with Western Michigan in Week 1, yet won both games by 18 points. The Trojans (2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS) rolled past Stanford 42-24 Saturday giving 3.5 points at home.

Texas suffered a stunning 51-41 home loss to Maryland as an 18-point chalk in Week 1. The Longhorns (1-1 SU and ATS) found the perfect remedy in Mountain West foe San Jose State, rumbling to a 56-0 win as a 25.5-point home favorite behind backup QB Sam Ehlinger. Starter Shane Buechele is still recovering from a bruised throwing shoulder suffered in the loss to the Terrapins.

“USC was one of the biggest Week 2 winners for the house,” Mason said, while noting the elephant in the room for this 8:30 p.m. ET Week 3 matchup. “Though there are still questions on who will be under center for the Longhorns, just 30 percent of the early bettors are on the Trojans.”

No. 9 Wisconsin Badgers at Brigham Young Cougars (+13.5)

Wisconsin (2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS) wasn’t exactly impressive in Week 2 against Florida Atlantic, but it was enough to get the job done. The Badgers won 31-14, falling miles short as a 34.5-point chalk, and now they’ll face a team from Utah for the second time in three weeks, albeit this time on the road. Wisconsin drubbed Utah State in Week 1.

Brigham Young (1-2 SU) hasn’t cashed this season, even in its opener against Portland State – an unimpressive 20-6 victory laying 35 points at home. The Cougars followed with a 27-0 loss to LSU as a 15-point pup in New Orleans and a 19-13 home setback to Utah getting 4.5 points Saturday.

“Top-10 Wisconsin opened as 13.5-point road favorites against a BYU team scoring just 11 points per game,” Mason said. “I’m very surprised that 77 percent of the early bettors took BYU and the points, especially considering the Cougars’ 0-3 ATS record. I expect that to change and am confident we will be BYU fans come kickoff.”

Comment

• Saturday, September 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KENTUCKY (2 - 0) at S CAROLINA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:30 PM
                        There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
                        KENTUCKY is 2-0 against the spread versus S CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
                        KENTUCKY is 2-0 straight up against S CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
                        2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KENT ST (1 - 1) at MARSHALL (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 6:30 PM

MARSHALL is 0-0 against the spread versus KENT ST over the last 3 seasons
                        MARSHALL is 1-0 straight up against KENT ST over the last 3 seasons
                        1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NOTRE DAME (1 - 1) at BOSTON COLLEGE (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        Top Trends for this game.
                        NOTRE DAME is 14-28 ATS (-16.8 Units) in road games in September games since 1992.
                        BOSTON COLLEGE is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in home games over the last 3 seasons.
                        BOSTON COLLEGE is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in home lined games over the last 3 seasons.
                        BOSTON COLLEGE is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in home games in games played on turf over the last 3 seasons.

BOSTON COLLEGE is 1-0 against the spread versus NOTRE DAME over the last 3 seasons
                        NOTRE DAME is 1-0 straight up against BOSTON COLLEGE over the last 3 seasons
                        1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

CONNECTICUT (1 - 0) at VIRGINIA (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        CONNECTICUT is 2-11 ATS (-10.1 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                        CONNECTICUT is 2-11 ATS (-10.1 Units) in all lined games over the last 2 seasons.
                        CONNECTICUT is 5-14 ATS (-10.4 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 3 seasons.

VIRGINIA is 1-0 against the spread versus CONNECTICUT over the last 3 seasons
                        CONNECTICUT is 1-0 straight up against VIRGINIA over the last 3 seasons

AIR FORCE (1 - 0) at MICHIGAN (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

COASTAL CAROLINA (1 - 0) at UAB (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 1:00 PM

CINCINNATI (1 - 1) at MIAMI OHIO (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 8:00 PM

MIAMI OHIO is 2-0 against the spread versus CINCINNATI over the last 3 seasons
                        CINCINNATI is 2-0 straight up against MIAMI OHIO over the last 3 seasons
                        1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

GEORGIA ST (0 - 1) at PENN ST (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:30 PM
                        PENN ST is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins over the last 2 seasons.
                        GEORGIA ST is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in road games over the last 3 seasons.
                        GEORGIA ST is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in road lined games over the last 3 seasons.
                        GEORGIA ST is 19-7 ATS (+11.3 Units) in road games when playing on a Saturday since 1992.

IOWA ST (1 - 1) at AKRON (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        IOWA ST is 29-50 ATS (-26.0 Units) in road games in games played on turf since 1992.

N CAROLINA (0 - 2) at OLD DOMINION (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM

OKLAHOMA ST (2 - 0) at PITTSBURGH (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        OKLAHOMA ST is 84-55 ATS (+23.5 Units) as a favorite since 1992.
                        OKLAHOMA ST is 53-34 ATS (+15.6 Units) after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins since 1992.
                        PITTSBURGH is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

OKLAHOMA ST is 1-0 against the spread versus PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons
                        OKLAHOMA ST is 1-0 straight up against PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons

MIDDLE TENN ST (1 - 1) at MINNESOTA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM

FLA INTERNATIONAL (1 - 1) at INDIANA (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM
                        FLA INTERNATIONAL is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

INDIANA is 2-0 against the spread versus FLA INTERNATIONAL over the last 3 seasons
                        INDIANA is 2-0 straight up against FLA INTERNATIONAL over the last 3 seasons

UCLA (2 - 0) at MEMPHIS (1 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        UCLA is 13-27 ATS (-16.7 Units) in road games after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins since 1992.

N ILLINOIS (1 - 1) at NEBRASKA (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        N ILLINOIS is 69-41 ATS (+23.9 Units) in road games since 1992.
                        N ILLINOIS is 69-41 ATS (+23.9 Units) in road lined games since 1992.
                        N ILLINOIS is 94-68 ATS (+19.2 Units) when playing on a Saturday since 1992.

BAYLOR (0 - 2) at DUKE (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 12:30 PM
                        BAYLOR is 0-7 ATS (-7.7 Units) when playing with 6 or less days rest over the last 2 seasons.

KANSAS (1 - 1) at OHIO U (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 2:00 PM
                        KANSAS is 121-156 ATS (-50.6 Units) in all games since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 121-156 ATS (-50.6 Units) in all lined games since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 72-108 ATS (-46.8 Units) as an underdog since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 45-77 ATS (-39.7 Units) in road games since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 45-77 ATS (-39.7 Units) in road lined games since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 113-147 ATS (-48.7 Units) when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 92-125 ATS (-45.5 Units) when playing with 6 or less days rest since 1992.
                        KANSAS is 26-43 ATS (-21.3 Units) in road games in games played on turf since 1992.

OHIO U is 1-0 against the spread versus KANSAS over the last 3 seasons
                        OHIO U is 1-0 straight up against KANSAS over the last 3 seasons

UTAH ST (1 - 1) at WAKE FOREST (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 3:00 PM
                        UTAH ST is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
                        WAKE FOREST is 3-13 ATS (-11.3 Units) as a favorite of 10.5 to 21 points since 1992.

CLEMSON (2 - 0) at LOUISVILLE (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 8:00 PM

LOUISVILLE is 1-1 against the spread versus CLEMSON over the last 3 seasons
                        CLEMSON is 2-0 straight up against LOUISVILLE over the last 3 seasons

C MICHIGAN (2 - 0) at SYRACUSE (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM
                        SYRACUSE is 14-3 ATS (+10.7 Units) against MAC opponents since 1992.
                        C MICHIGAN is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) in September games over the last 3 seasons.

C MICHIGAN is 1-0 against the spread versus SYRACUSE over the last 3 seasons
                        SYRACUSE is 1-0 straight up against C MICHIGAN over the last 3 seasons

VIRGINIA TECH (2 - 0) at E CAROLINA (0 - 2) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM
                        E CAROLINA is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                        E CAROLINA is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in all lined games over the last 2 seasons.
                        E CAROLINA is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
                        E CAROLINA is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
                        E CAROLINA is 2-9 ATS (-7.9 Units) when playing with 6 or less days rest over the last 2 seasons.

E CAROLINA is 1-1 against the spread versus VIRGINIA TECH over the last 3 seasons
                        E CAROLINA is 1-1 straight up against VIRGINIA TECH over the last 3 seasons
                        2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

WISCONSIN (2 - 0) at BYU (1 - 2) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM

PURDUE (1 - 1) at MISSOURI (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 4:00 PM
                        PURDUE is 9-1 ATS (+7.9 Units) in road games when playing on a Saturday over the last 3 seasons.
                        MISSOURI is 8-18 ATS (-11.8 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                        MISSOURI is 8-18 ATS (-11.8 Units) in all lined games over the last 3 seasons.

NORTH TEXAS (1 - 1) at IOWA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM

IOWA is 1-0 against the spread versus NORTH TEXAS over the last 3 seasons
                        IOWA is 1-0 straight up against NORTH TEXAS over the last 3 seasons

LA LAFAYETTE (1 - 1) at TEXAS A&M (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 12:00 PM
                        TEXAS A&M is 6-16 ATS (-11.6 Units) in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.

BOWLING GREEN (0 - 2) at NORTHWESTERN (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 7:30 PM
                        BOWLING GREEN is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in September games over the last 2 seasons.
                        BOWLING GREEN is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
                        NORTHWESTERN is 2-13 ATS (-12.3 Units) in home games against MAC opponents since 1992.

TULANE (1 - 1) at OKLAHOMA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 6:00 PM
                        TULANE is 91-123 ATS (-44.3 Units) as an underdog since 1992.

TENNESSEE (2 - 0) at FLORIDA (0 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM
                        FLORIDA is 41-23 ATS (+15.7 Units) when playing with 2 weeks or more of rest since 1992.
                        FLORIDA is 36-20 ATS (+14.0 Units) after a bye week since 1992.

TENNESSEE is 1-0 against the spread versus FLORIDA over the last 3 seasons
                        FLORIDA is 1-1 straight up against TENNESSEE over the last 3 seasons

SMU (2 - 0) at TCU (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 3:30 PM
                        TCU is 35-19 ATS (+14.1 Units) in home games after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins since 1992.
                        TCU is 2-9 ATS (-7.9 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.
                        TCU is 0-8 ATS (-8.8 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
                        TCU is 0-7 ATS (-7.7 Units) in home lined games over the last 2 seasons.
                        TCU is 2-10 ATS (-9.0 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
                        TCU is 0-8 ATS (-8.8 Units) in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

TCU is 1-1 against the spread versus SMU over the last 3 seasons
                        TCU is 2-0 straight up against SMU over the last 3 seasons

LOUISIANA TECH (1 - 1) at W KENTUCKY (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        W KENTUCKY is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) against conference opponents over the last 3 seasons.

W KENTUCKY is 2-1 against the spread versus LOUISIANA TECH over the last 3 seasons
                        W KENTUCKY is 2-1 straight up against LOUISIANA TECH over the last 3 seasons
                        3 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

ARMY (2 - 0) at OHIO ST (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 4:30 PM
                        OHIO ST is 178-134 ATS (+30.6 Units) in all games since 1992.
                        OHIO ST is 178-134 ATS (+30.6 Units) in all lined games since 1992.
                        OHIO ST is 148-115 ATS (+21.5 Units) as a favorite since 1992.
                        OHIO ST is 161-120 ATS (+29.0 Units) when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
                        OHIO ST is 53-34 ATS (+15.6 Units) in September games since 1992.

OREGON ST (1 - 2) at WASHINGTON ST (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 5:30 PM
                        OREGON ST is 12-27 ATS (-17.7 Units) in road games in September games since 1992.

WASHINGTON ST is 1-1 against the spread versus OREGON ST over the last 3 seasons
                        WASHINGTON ST is 2-0 straight up against OREGON ST over the last 3 seasons

APPALACHIAN ST (1 - 1) at TEXAS ST (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        APPALACHIAN ST is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) as a road favorite over the last 3 seasons.

TEXAS ST is 1-0 against the spread versus APPALACHIAN ST over the last 3 seasons
                        APPALACHIAN ST is 1-0 straight up against TEXAS ST over the last 3 seasons

COLORADO ST (2 - 1) at ALABAMA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        COLORADO ST is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
                        ALABAMA is 55-78 ATS (-30.8 Units) in home games when playing with 6 or less days rest since 1992.

TULSA (1 - 1) at TOLEDO (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        TOLEDO is 29-15 ATS (+12.5 Units) as a favorite of 3.5 to 10 points since 1992.
                        TOLEDO is 77-53 ATS (+18.7 Units) as a favorite since 1992.
                        TOLEDO is 48-26 ATS (+19.4 Units) in home games when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
                        TOLEDO is 43-26 ATS (+14.4 Units) in home games when playing with 6 or less days rest since 1992.
                        TOLEDO is 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) in September games over the last 3 seasons.
                        TULSA is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) when playing on a Saturday over the last 2 seasons.

IDAHO (1 - 1) at W MICHIGAN (0 - 2) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        W MICHIGAN is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in non-conference games over the last 3 seasons.

SOUTHERN MISS (1 - 1) at LA MONROE (0 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        LA MONROE is 5-16 ATS (-12.6 Units) when playing with 2 weeks or more of rest since 1992.
                        LA MONROE is 6-16 ATS (-11.6 Units) after a bye week since 1992.

OREGON (2 - 0) at WYOMING (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM
                        OREGON is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) when playing with 6 or less days rest over the last 2 seasons.
                        OREGON is 6-15 ATS (-10.5 Units) in games played on turf over the last 3 seasons.
                        OREGON is 72-50 ATS (+17.0 Units) in road games since 1992.
                        OREGON is 72-50 ATS (+17.0 Units) in road lined games since 1992.
                        OREGON is 85-60 ATS (+19.0 Units) after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins since 1992.

LSU (2 - 0) at MISSISSIPPI ST (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:00 PM

MISSISSIPPI ST is 2-0 against the spread versus LSU over the last 3 seasons
                        LSU is 2-0 straight up against MISSISSIPPI ST over the last 3 seasons
                        2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

GEORGIA TECH (1 - 1) at UCF (1 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:30 PM
                        GEORGIA TECH is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

KANSAS ST (2 - 0) at VANDERBILT (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 7:30 PM
                        KANSAS ST is 147-109 ATS (+27.1 Units) when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
                        KANSAS ST is 120-90 ATS (+21.0 Units) when playing with 6 or less days rest since 1992.

RICE (1 - 1) at HOUSTON (1 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 8:00 PM

RICE is 117-87 ATS (+21.3 Units) in games played on turf since 1992.
                        RICE is 55-34 ATS (+17.6 Units) off a win against a conference rival since 1992.

TROY (1 - 1) at NEW MEXICO ST (1 - 1) - 9/16/2017, 8:00 PM
                        NEW MEXICO ST is 87-118 ATS (-42.8 Units) when playing on a Saturday since 1992.

TROY is 2-0 against the spread versus NEW MEXICO ST over the last 3 seasons
                        TROY is 2-0 straight up against NEW MEXICO ST over the last 3 seasons

ARIZONA ST (1 - 1) at TEXAS TECH (1 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 8:00 PM
                        TEXAS TECH is 12-3 ATS (+8.7 Units) as a home favorite of 3.5 to 7 points since 1992.
                        TEXAS TECH is 81-52 ATS (+23.8 Units) in home games since 1992.
                        TEXAS TECH is 81-52 ATS (+23.8 Units) in home lined games since 1992.
                        TEXAS TECH is 78-50 ATS (+23.0 Units) in home games when playing on a Saturday since 1992.
                        TEXAS TECH is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) in games played on turf over the last 3 seasons.
                        TEXAS TECH is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in home games in September games over the last 3 seasons.

ARIZONA ST is 1-0 against the spread versus TEXAS TECH over the last 3 seasons
                        ARIZONA ST is 1-0 straight up against TEXAS TECH over the last 3 seasons

TEXAS (1 - 1) at USC (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 8:30 PM
                        USC is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) as a favorite of 10.5 to 21 points over the last 2 seasons.

SAN JOSE ST (1 - 2) at UTAH (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 10:00 PM
                        UTAH is 60-35 ATS (+21.5 Units) in non-conference games since 1992.

UTAH is 1-0 against the spread versus SAN JOSE ST over the last 3 seasons
                        UTAH is 1-0 straight up against SAN JOSE ST over the last 3 seasons

FRESNO ST (1 - 1) at WASHINGTON (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 9:30 PM

OLE MISS (2 - 0) at CALIFORNIA (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 10:30 PM

STANFORD (1 - 1) at SAN DIEGO ST (2 - 0) - 9/16/2017, 10:30 PM
                        SAN DIEGO ST is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) after 2 or more consecutive straight up wins over the last 3 seasons.
                        STANFORD is 66-43 ATS (+18.7 Units) in road games when playing with 6 or less days rest since 1992.

Comment

• NCAAF

Week 3

--------------------------
                          Trend Report
                          -----------------------

Saturday, September 16

12:00 PM
                          LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE vs. TEXAS A&M
                          Louisiana-Lafayette is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games on the road
                          Texas A&M is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games
                          Texas A&M is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home

KANSAS vs. OHIO
                          The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Kansas's last 23 games on the road
                          Kansas is 5-14 ATS in its last 19 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Ohio's last 6 games at home
                          Ohio is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home

IOWA STATE vs. AKRON
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Iowa State's last 6 games on the road
                          Iowa State is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games
                          Akron is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
                          Akron is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home

UCLA vs. MEMPHIS
                          UCLA is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of UCLA's last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis's last 5 games
                          Memphis is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games

CONNECTICUT vs. VIRGINIA
                          Connecticut is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
                          Connecticut is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Virginia is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Virginia's last 5 games

OKLAHOMA STATE vs. PITTSBURGH
                          Oklahoma State is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
                          Oklahoma State is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 11 of Pittsburgh's last 14 games
                          Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games

AIR FORCE vs. MICHIGAN
                          Air Force is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Air Force's last 5 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Michigan's last 5 games at home
                          The total has gone OVER in 9 of Michigan's last 13 games at home

NORTHERN ILLINOIS vs. NEBRASKA
                          Northern Illinois is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Northern Illinois's last 7 games on the road
                          Nebraska is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Nebraska's last 5 games

DELAWARE ST vs. WEST VIRGINIA
                          Delaware St is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Delaware St is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          West Virginia is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games at home
                          West Virginia is 16-5 SU in its last 21 games

12:20 PM
                          FURMAN vs. NORTH CAROLINA STATE
                          Furman is 1-16 SU in its last 17 games
                          Furman is 1-16 SU in its last 17 games on the road
                          North Carolina State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
                          North Carolina State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home

12:30 PM
                          BAYLOR vs. DUKE
                          Baylor is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games
                          Baylor is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Duke's last 5 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Duke's last 8 games at home

1:00 PM
                          COASTAL CAROLINA vs. UAB
                          Coastal Carolina is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
                          Coastal Carolina is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of UAB's last 7 games
                          UAB is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games

2:00 PM
                          N. COLORADO vs. COLORADO
                          N. Colorado is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          N. Colorado is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Colorado is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                          Colorado is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games

3:00 PM
                          UTAH STATE vs. WAKE FOREST
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Utah State's last 5 games on the road
                          Utah State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Wake Forest is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Wake Forest's last 5 games at home

3:00 PM
                          TENNESSEE TECH vs. BALL STATE
                          Tennessee Tech is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Tennessee Tech is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ball State's last 6 games at home
                          Ball State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home

3:30 PM
                          WISCONSIN vs. BYU
                          Wisconsin is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
                          Wisconsin is 1-2-2 ATS in its last 5 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of BYU's last 5 games
                          BYU is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home

VIRGINIA TECH vs. EAST CAROLINA
                          The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Virginia Tech's last 17 games on the road
                          Virginia Tech is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                          East Carolina is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing Virginia Tech
                          East Carolina is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Virginia Tech

CENTRAL MICHIGAN vs. SYRACUSE
                          Central Michigan is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
                          Central Michigan is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Syracuse's last 5 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Syracuse's last 9 games

NORTH CAROLINA vs. OLD DOMINION
                          North Carolina is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina's last 5 games on the road
                          Old Dominion is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games at home
                          Old Dominion is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL vs. INDIANA
                          Florida International is 5-11-2 ATS in its last 18 games
                          Florida International is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
                          Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
                          Indiana is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games at home

MORGAN ST vs. RUTGERS
                          Morgan St is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Morgan St is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                          Rutgers is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
                          Rutgers is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games

NORTH TEXAS vs. IOWA
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of North Texas's last 6 games on the road
                          North Texas is 2-18 SU in its last 20 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Iowa's last 5 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Iowa's last 6 games

NOTRE DAME vs. BOSTON COLLEGE
                          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Notre Dame's last 9 games
                          Notre Dame is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                          Boston College is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Notre Dame
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston College's last 5 games when playing Notre Dame

MIDDLE TENNESSEE vs. MINNESOTA
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Middle Tennessee's last 10 games
                          Middle Tennessee is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games
                          Minnesota is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

SOUTHERN METHODIST vs. TCU
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Southern Methodist's last 7 games when playing TCU
                          Southern Methodist is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against TCU
                          TCU is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
                          TCU is 18-6 SU in its last 24 games at home

TENNESSEE vs. FLORIDA
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee's last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida
                          Tennessee is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Florida
                          Florida is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games at home
                          Florida is 15-4 SU in its last 19 games at home

4:00 PM
                          PURDUE vs. MISSOURI
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Purdue's last 6 games on the road
                          Purdue is 1-12 SU in its last 13 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Missouri's last 7 games
                          Missouri is 6-15 SU in its last 21 games

4:00 PM
                          MERCER vs. AUBURN
                          No trends available
                          Auburn is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
                          Auburn is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home

4:30 PM
                          ARMY vs. OHIO STATE
                          The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Army's last 23 games
                          Army is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                          Ohio State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
                          Ohio State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games

5:30 PM
                          OREGON STATE vs. WASHINGTON STATE
                          Oregon State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oregon State's last 6 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington State's last 6 games when playing Oregon State
                          Washington State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oregon State

6:00 PM
                          COLGATE vs. BUFFALO
                          Colgate is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Colgate is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Buffalo is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Buffalo's last 6 games

NORTH CAROLINA A&T vs. CHARLOTTE
                          North Carolina A&T is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
                          North Carolina A&T is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Charlotte is 2-7-2 ATS in its last 11 games at home
                          Charlotte is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home

TULANE vs. OKLAHOMA
                          Tulane is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
                          Tulane is 4-18 SU in its last 22 games on the road
                          Oklahoma is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oklahoma's last 8 games

6:30 PM
                          KENT STATE vs. MARSHALL
                          Kent State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                          Kent State is 3-15 SU in its last 18 games on the road
                          Marshall is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Marshall's last 10 games

6:30 PM
                          BETHUNE-COOKMAN vs. FLORIDA ATLANTIC
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Bethune-Cookman's last 5 games
                          Bethune-Cookman is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                          Florida Atlantic is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida Atlantic's last 6 games

7:00 PM
                          ARK.-PINE BLUFF vs. ARKANSAS STATE
                          Ark.-Pine Bluff is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Ark.-Pine Bluff is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Arkansas State is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arkansas State's last 7 games at home

LOUISIANA TECH vs. WESTERN KENTUCKY
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Louisiana Tech's last 8 games on the road
                          Louisiana Tech is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
                          Western Kentucky is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
                          Western Kentucky is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

SOUTHERN U vs. UTSA
                          Southern U is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Southern U is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of UTSA's last 5 games
                          UTSA is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home

ALABAMA A&M vs. SOUTH ALABAMA
                          Alabama A&M is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Alabama A&M is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of South Alabama's last 5 games
                          South Alabama is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home

SOUTHERN MISS vs. LOUISIANA-MONROE
                          Southern Miss is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Southern Miss is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 9 of Louisiana-Monroe's last 10 games
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Louisiana-Monroe's last 9 games at home

APPALACHIAN STATE vs. TEXAS STATE
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Appalachian State's last 5 games on the road
                          Appalachian State is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas State's last 5 games at home
                          Texas State is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home

TULSA vs. TOLEDO
                          Tulsa is 11-3-1 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
                          Tulsa is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
                          Toledo is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games
                          Toledo is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home

IDAHO vs. WESTERN MICHIGAN
                          The total has gone OVER in 15 of Idaho's last 20 games on the road
                          Idaho is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Western Michigan's last 6 games
                          Western Michigan is 12-5-1 ATS in its last 18 games

COLORADO STATE vs. ALABAMA
                          Colorado State is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
                          Colorado State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
                          Alabama is 23-2 SU in its last 25 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Alabama's last 7 games

IDAHO STATE vs. NEVADA
                          Idaho State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Idaho State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                          Nevada is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
                          Nevada is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home

OREGON vs. WYOMING
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oregon's last 6 games on the road
                          Oregon is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
                          Wyoming is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games at home
                          Wyoming is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games

LSU vs. MISSISSIPPI STATE
                          LSU is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                          LSU is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Mississippi State's last 6 games when playing at home against LSU
                          Mississippi State is 6-14 ATS in its last 20 games when playing LSU

7:30 PM
                          BOWLING GREEN vs. NORTHWESTERN
                          Bowling Green is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games
                          Bowling Green is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games
                          Northwestern is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Northwestern's last 19 games

SAMFORD vs. GEORGIA
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Samford's last 6 games on the road
                          Samford is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Georgia's last 12 games at home
                          Georgia is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home

GEORGIA TECH vs. CENTRAL FLORIDA
                          Georgia Tech is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                          Georgia Tech is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                          The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Central Florida's last 9 games at home
                          Central Florida is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games at home

KENTUCKY vs. SOUTH CAROLINA
                          The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Kentucky's last 10 games on the road
                          Kentucky is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                          South Carolina is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Kentucky
                          The total has gone OVER in 8 of South Carolina's last 10 games when playing Kentucky

KANSAS STATE vs. VANDERBILT
                          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kansas State's last 8 games
                          Kansas State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                          Vanderbilt is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
                          Vanderbilt is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

GEORGIA STATE vs. PENN STATE
                          Georgia State is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
                          Georgia State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                          Penn State is 10-0-1 ATS in its last 11 games
                          Penn State is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games

8:00 PM
                          ARIZONA STATE vs. TEXAS TECH
                          Arizona State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                          Arizona State is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 13 of Texas Tech's last 18 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas Tech's last 6 games at home

CINCINNATI vs. MIAMI (OHIO)
                          Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami (Ohio)
                          Cincinnati is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Miami (Ohio)
                          Miami (Ohio) is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
                          Miami (Ohio) is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games at home

CLEMSON vs. LOUISVILLE
                          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Clemson's last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 6 of Clemson's last 8 games
                          Louisville is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
                          Louisville is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games

MIAMI vs. FLORIDA STATE
                          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami's last 8 games when playing on the road against Florida State
                          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 5 games when playing Florida State
                          The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Florida State's last 10 games
                          Florida State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

TROY vs. NEW MEXICO STATE
                          Troy is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games
                          Troy is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
                          New Mexico State is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games at home
                          New Mexico State is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games

RICE vs. HOUSTON
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Rice's last 6 games when playing on the road against Houston
                          Rice is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
                          Houston is 17-1 SU in its last 18 games at home
                          Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home

8:30 PM
                          TEXAS vs. SOUTHERN CAL
                          The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Texas's last 14 games on the road
                          Texas is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Southern Cal's last 5 games
                          Southern Cal is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

9:30 PM
                          FRESNO STATE vs. WASHINGTON
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Fresno State's last 5 games
                          Fresno State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
                          Washington is 17-2 SU in its last 19 games
                          Washington is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home

10:00 PM
                          SAN JOSE STATE vs. UTAH
                          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose State's last 5 games
                          San Jose State is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
                          Utah is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games at home
                          The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Utah's last 17 games at home

10:30 PM
                          MISSISSIPPI vs. CALIFORNIA
                          Mississippi is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
                          Mississippi is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
                          California is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
                          California is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home

10:30 PM
                          STANFORD vs. SAN DIEGO STATE
                          Stanford is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
                          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Stanford's last 5 games on the road
                          The total has gone UNDER in 14 of San Diego State's last 20 games at home
                          San Diego State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games

Comment

• NCAAF
                            Armadillo's Write-Up

Week 3

Saturday’s top 13 games

Notre Dame was held to 55 rushing yards in 20-19 home loss to Georgia LW. ND won its last five games with Boston College (1-4 vs spread), with three of five wins by 4 or less points. Irish won 21-6/31-13 in last two visits here. ND is 5-10 vs spread as a road favorite under Kelly. BC lost 34-10 at home to Wake Forest last week, completing just 18-31 passes with a -4 turnover ratio. Eagles are 3-11 vs spread in last 14 home games. This is first road start for ND’s soph QB Wimbush. ACC teams are 6-8 vs spread in non-conference games this season.

UCLA allowed 563 yards in its first two games, wins over Texas A&M (45-44), Hawai’i (56-23); Bruins come east with 15 returning starters (9 on offense) and a junior QB (21 starts) who engineered huge comeback vs A&M (trailed 44-10).Memphis had its game at UCF postponed last week; Tigers ran for 319 yards in a quagmire in 37-29 opening win over ULM. Since 2012, Memphis is 7-4 as a home underdog. Pac-12 non-conference road favorites are 4-1 vs spread this season; AAC teams are 6-5 vs spread out of conference, 1-3 as an underdog.

Clemson beat Louisville last three years, by 6-3-6 points, with underdogs covering all three; Cardinals ran ball for 273 yards in LY’s game- Clemson threw for 306 yards, but Watson is in NFL now- this is first road start for junior QB Bryant. Tigers held Auburn to 117 total yards in 14-6 home win LW; Clemson had only 284 TY. Louisville is 2-1 as a home underdog under Petrino. Last three years, Clemson is 3-9 vs spread as a road favorite. Cardinals scored 82 points in winning first two games over Purdue/UNC, throwing for 771 yards.

Florida’s team had its routines disrupted this week by the hurricane- their game last week was cancelled. Gators lost their opener 33-17 to Michigan; Wolverines outgained them, 433-192. Florida had 10 guys suspended; unclear how many they get back here. Tennessee ended an 11-year skid with the Gators LY with 38-28 win; Vols lost last six visits to Gainesville (2-4 vs spread). Tennessee won its opener 42-41 in OT in Atlanta vs Ga Tech, then waxed a I-AA opponent LW. This is first true road start for Tennessee’s junior QB Dormady.

Purdue seems to be much-improved after hanging in with Louisville, then whacking Ohio U 44-21 last week. Last 5+ years, Boilermakers are 16-6-1 vs spread in true road games. Missouri gained 423 yards in loss to South Carolina LW but scored only 13 points; they were -3 in turnovers. Tigers allowed 43 points in opening 72-43 win over a I-AA opponent. Since 2011, SEC teams are 16-12-1 vs spread when facing a Big 14 opponent. This season, Big 14 underdogs are 6-0 vs spread out of conference.

Washington State won its last three games with Oregon State by 4-21-7 points; underdogs are 5-1 vs spread in last six series games. Beavers won four of last five visits to Pullman. Coogs rallied back from down 31-10 to nip Boise State in OT last week; Falk missed 2nd half with a concussion- backup Hilinski was 25-33 for 240 yards and three TD’s. Since 2013, Wazzu is 10-7 vs spread as a home favorite. Beavers are 5-7 vs spread as a road underdog under Andersen. OSU gave up 544 rushing yards in last two games, one of which was against a I-AA team.

Home team won last four Louisiana Tech-Western Kentucky games, with average total of 89.5 in the four games. Tech lost 58-44/41-38 in last two visits here. WKU was held to 244 yards in 20-7 loss at Illinois last week; Hilltoppers are 9-4 vs spread in last 13 home games. Bulldogs gave up 327 rushing yards in 57-21 home loss to Miss State LW; Tech actually lost 87 yards on one especially bad play involving a fumble and a ball that wouldn’t stop rolling. Bulldogs are 14-8 vs spread in last 22 road games; they’re 9-6 as a road underdog under Holtz.

LSU is 16-1 in its last 17 games with Mississippi State, winning last two meetings 23-20/21-19; Tigers won last eight visits to Starkville (6-2 vs spread). LSU didn’t allow BYU to move the ball over midfield in its only I-A game this season; Tigers are 6-12 vs spread in last 18 true road games, they’re 5-8 in last 13 games as a road favorite. Miss State ran ball for 327 yards LW at La Tech; since 2013, Bulldogs are 12-7 vs spread as an underdog- they’re 10-10 as a home dog under Mullen.

Not often Wyoming gets a Pac-12 opponent to visit Laramie. Oregon was up 42-14 at the half vs Nebraska last week, wound up hanging on for 42-35 win; Ducks gained total of 566 yards, running for 201. Since 2011, Oregon is 14-5 vs spread as a road favorite- they were 0-2 LY. Wyoming was held to 233 yards in opening 24-3 loss at Iowa- they ran for only 65 yards in a 27-0 win over a I-AA team LW. Cowboys are 8-5 as a home underdog under Bohl. Last 2+ years, Pac-12 teams are 15-10-1 vs spread when facing a Mountain West opponent.

Georgia Tech-Central Florida game was postponed.

Kentucky won its last three games with South Carolina; underdogs are 3-1-1 vs spread in last five series games. Wildcats lost seven of last eight visits to Columbia, but covered three of last four. Gamecocks scored 66 points in winning first two games, neither of which were at home; Since ’11, South Carolina is 18-17 vs spread as a home favorite; they’re 2-2 under Muschamp. Kentucky won its opener 24-17 at Southern Miss, then beat a I-AA team 27-16 team LW. Since ’11, Wildcats are 11-19 vs spread as a road underdog- they’re 9-9 under Stoops.

Arizona State (-1) beat Texas Tech 68-55 LY in a ridiculous game where TY was 652-612; Tech threw ball for 540 yards but was -2 in turnovers. ASU gave up 279 rushing yards in 30-20 home loss to San Diego State LW; Sun Devils are 5-10 vs spread as road underdogs under Graham. Tech is 8-4 vs spread at home the last two years, 6-1 vs spread as a home favorite; they’re breaking in a new QB and haven’t played a I-A team yet- they hammered a I-AA team 56-10 two weeks ago. Since 2011, Big X teams are 13-8 vs spread when facing a Pac-12 opponent.

USC had huge 42-24 Pac-12 win over Stanford LW; will it be tough to get back up this week, for a non-league game? Teams haven’t met since 41-38 Texas win in national title game 12 years ago. Texas gave up 263 rushing yards in ugly 51-41 home loss to Maryland in its opener- they crushed San Jose State 56-0 last week. Last three years, Longhorns are 1-5 as a road underdog. Since 2011, Trojans are 24-13 vs spread as a home favorite. Since ’11, Big X teams are 13-8 vs spread when facing a Pac-12 opponent.

Comment

• CFB Aug/Sept Best Bets: ( All Best Bets Based On 5 Units Per Play )

DATE W-L-T % UNITS RECORD

09/15/2017 3-3-0 50.00% -1.50

09/14/2017 1-1-0 50.00% -0.50

09/09/2017 19-21-3 47.50% -20.50

09/08/2017 4-0-0 100.00% +20.00

09/07/2017 0-1-0 0.00% -5.50

09/04/2017 1-1-0 50.00% -0.50

09/03/2017 3-1-0 75.00% +9.50

09/02/2017 11-21-0 34.38% -60.50

09/01/2017 6-3-0 66.67% +13.50

08/31/2017 9-4-0 69.23% +23.00

08/26/2017 5-5-0 50.00% -2.50

Totals:..........62 - 61 - 3........50.40%....-25.50

Best Bets:*****
                              Best Bets :........................ATS............TOTALS.... .............O/U................TOTALS

09/15/2017....................2 - 0.............+1000.................1 - 2...............- 6.00

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

CONN at UVA 12:00 PM

UVA -10.5

OKST at PITT 12:00 PM

OKST -11.5

UCLA at MEM 12:00 PM

MEM +3.0*****

AFA at MICH 12:00 PM

AFA +23.0

ULL at TAM 12:00 PM

ULL +23.5

NIU at NEB 12:00 PM

NIU +13.0*****

KU at OHIO 12:00 PM

KU +7.5

ISU at AKR 12:00 PM

AKR +10.5

BAY at DUKE 12:30 PM

DUKE -14.5*****

Comment

• Saturday's Week 3 NCAAF Top 25 betting cheat sheet and odds

(8) Oklahoma State Cowboys at Pittsburgh Panthers (+11.5, 63.5)

* Cowboys QB Mason Rudolph has gone without an interception in 10 of his last 11 games, throwing 28 touchdowns with just two INTs over that span. Oklahoma State has recorded a defensive score in each of its first two games this season.

* Pittsburgh has averaged 36:25 in time of possession through two games, the sixth-highest rate in the nation. The Panthers haven't beaten a top-10 opponent at home since 2003, but upset then-No. 2 Clemson as a road dog last season.

LINE HISTORY: Most oddsmakers opened the Cowboys as about 13.5-point road favorites against the Panthers. They moved as high as -14.5, but since then it has been mostly Pittsburgh money, with the line coming all the way down to the current number of Oklahoma State -11.5. The total hit the board at 65.5 and has moved down two points to 63.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Over is 6-1 in Pittsburgh's last seven road games.
                                * Under is 4-0 in Oklahoma State's last four road games.
                                * Pittsburgh is 1-5 ATS in its last six home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
                                * Oklahoma State is 5-1 ATS in its last six road games.

Air Force Falcons at (7) Michigan Wolverines (-23, 50)

* No team spreads carries around like the Falcons, who had 17 players with at least one rush attempt in their season-opening win over VMI. Air Force held its opponent to 95 total yards, the second-lowest total in school history.

* Michigan's starting offensive line has a 37-pound advantage over the Falcons' starting defensive line by average player weight. Safety Tyree Kinnel won conference player-of-the-week honors with nine tackles and a sack vs. Cincinnati.

LINE HISTORY: Michigan hit the board as hefty 26-point home chalk, but it has been mostly Air Force money since then, with the line moving down three points to the current number of Wolverines -23. The total has been a bit of a roller coaster. Since opening at 53.5 it went down all the way to 47, before bouncing back up to an even 50. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Over is 6-0-1 in Michigan's last seven non-conference games.
                                * Under is 5-1 in Air Force's last six game vs. Big Ten opponents.
                                * Michigan is 0-5 ATS in its last five games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
                                * Air Force is 5-0 ATS in its last five non-conference games.

(23) Tennessee Volunteers at (25) Florida Gators (-4, 48.5)

* Volunteers RB John Kelly is the only player in the SEC to lead his team in rushing yards (208) and receptions (10). Tennessee's defense held Indiana State (0-for-11) without a third-down conversion last week.

* Florida ranks last in the FBC in rushing yards per game (11) following a 33-17 season-opening loss to Michigan. The Gators are still without nine players, including WR Antonio Callaway, who were suspended due to off-the-field issues.

LINE HISTORY: Florida opened as 5-point home faves and were bet to -5.5, but since then it has come back down to the current number of -4. The total opened at 49.5 and has been bet down slightly to 48.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Tennessee is 1-4 ATS in its last five road games.
                                * Florida is 1-4 in its last five games in September.
                                * Over is 6-2 in the last seven meetings.
                                * Over is 8-1 in Tennessee's last nine games vs. SEC opponents.

Southern Methodist Mustangs at (20) Texas Christian Horned Frogs (-20, 64.5)

* SMU's 112 points through two games in the most in school history. The Mustangs are one of only nine FBS teams averaging more than 300 passing yards and 170 rushing yards per game.

* TCU has allowed just seven points to date, the fewest it has surrendered through the first two games of the season since 2012. The Horned Frogs rank fourth in the nation in yards allowed per game (166.5).

LINE HISTORY: TCU hit the board at most shops as 18-point home faves and bettors like the Horned Frogs in this matchup, moving the line to the current number of -20. The total has yet to move off the opening line of 64.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* SMU is 5-1 ATS in its last six road games.
                                * TCU is 0-9 ATS in its last nine home games.
                                * Over is 4-0 in SMU's last four road games.
                                * Under is 5-1 in TCU's last six games overall.

(12) Wisconsin Badgers at Brigham Young Cougars (+16.5, 40.5)

* Badgers RB Jonathan Taylor leads the nation's true freshmen in rushing yards per game (155) and touchdowns (four). Wisconsin is one of eight FBS teams yet to allow a point in the second half of games so far this season.

* BYU's 23 wins over Power 5 opponents are tied for the most of any non-Power 5 school over the past 14 years. The Cougars have had 12 different receivers catch at least one pass in 2017.

LINE HISTORY: The Badgers hit the board as roughly 13-point favorites at most sportsbooks and shot all the way up to -17. The current number is Wisconsin -16.5. The total opened at 41 and is down slightly to 40.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Wisconsin is 6-0 ATS in its last six road games.
                                * BYU is 0-4 ATS in its last four games overall.
                                * Under is 4-1 in Wisconsin's last five road games.
                                * Under is 13-3 in BYU's last 16 games overall.

(2) Clemson Tigers at (14) Louisville Cardinals (+3, 58)

* Clemson has won all three meetings with Louisville, with each game decided by six points or fewer. The Tigers are 40-1 under head coach Dabo Swinney when rushing for 200 or more yards.

* Louisville has racked up at least 450 yards of total offense in six straight home games. QB Lamar Jackson has accounted for 1,010 yards and eight touchdowns through two games; he had 1,015 yards and 13 scores at this time in 2016.

LINE HISTORY: The Tigers and their elite defense opened this game favored by a field goal despite being on the road. They were briefly at -3.5 before coming back to the opening number. The total hit the board at 56 and has moved up two points to the current number of 58. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Clemson is 1-5 ATS in its last six games vs. ACC opponents.
                                * Louisville is 6-1-1 ATS in its last eight games in September.
                                * Over is 5-0 in its last five road games.
                                * Over is 5-2 in Louisville's last six games in September.

(16) Virginia Tech Hokies at East Carolina Pirates (+22, 60.5)

* A year after finishing in the top three nationally in third-down conversion defense, the Hokies rank 19th through two games at 26.3 percent. Josh Jackson's 557 total yards are the most for a Virginia tech QB in his first two starts since at least 1987.

* The Pirates reassigned defensive coordinator Kenwick Thompson following last week's 56-20 thumping at the hands of West Virginia. East Carolina surrendered an average of 615.5 yards per game in its two season-opening losses.

LINE HISTORY: Oddsmakers opened the Hokies as 22-point road chalk, but they were quickly bet down as far as -18. Since then though, the line has returned to the opening number. The total opened at 60.5 dropped to 58.5 before coming back to the opening number. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Virginia Tech is 5-1 ATS in its last six games overall.
                                * ECU is 0-6 ATS in its last six games after allowing more than 40 points in its previous game.
                                * Over is 8-2-1 in Virginia Tech's last 11 games in September.
                                * Over is 4-0 in ECU's last four games vs. ACC opponents.

Army Black Knights at (9) Ohio State Buckeyes (-30, 53)

* The Black Knights have converted nine of their 10 red-zone trips into touchdowns through two games. Army has also outscored foes 44-0 in the second half so far in 2017.

* Buckeyes QB J.T. Barrett is just 1-for-18 on passes longer than 20 yards dating back to 2016. Ohio State is 5-1 coming off a loss in the Urban Meyer era, prevailing by an average of nearly 29 points in the five victories.

LINE HISTORY: The Buckeyes opened as a healthy 29.5-point home favorite in this matchup and have been bet up slightly to the current number of -30. The total opened at 52.5 and has moved up slightly to the current number of 53. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Army is 1-4 ATS in its last five games after allowing 20 points or less in its previous game.
                                * Ohio State is 1-4 ATS in its last five home games.
                                * Under is 5-2 in Army's last seven road games.
                                * Under is 5-2 in Ohio State's last seven home games.

Oregon State Beavers at (22) Washington State Cougars (-21, 65.5)

* Freshman LB David Morris erupted for 17 tackles against Minnesota last week, the most by a Beaver since 2010. Oregon State is averaging 356.7 yards through three games, the lowest rate in the Pac-12.

* Washington State leads the Pac-12 conference in passes (89) and attempts (115) while ranking second in passing yards per game (397). LB Peyton Pueller had 14 tackles and an interception return for a TD in last week's win over Boise State.

LINE HISTORY: Oddsmakers pegged the Cougars as about 18-point home favorites, but bettors didn't think that was enough, moving the line as high as Cougars -21.5, before coming down to the current number of -21. The total hit the board at 63 and bettors like the Over, moving the number up to 65.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Oregon State is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games vs. Pac-12 opponents.
                                * Washington State is 0-5 ATS in its last five gaes overall.
                                * Over is 6-0 in Oregon State's last six games ater scoring less than 20 points in its previous game.
                                * Over is 4-0 in the last four meetings.

Tulane Green Wave at (3) Oklahoma Sooners (-35, 55)

* The Green Wave is one of 11 FBS teams that have yet to allow a turnover so far in 2017. Tulane has surpassed 100 rushing yards in 17 consecutive games dating back to 2015.

* Sooners QB Baker Mayfield has thrown 30 touchdowns against just three interceptions over his last nine games. Oklahoma has completed 36 passes of 10 or more yards, tied for third-most in Division I.

LINE HISTORY: Most shops opened the Sooners as 34-point home favorites and they have been bet up slightly to the current number of Oklahoma -35. The total opened at 57.5 and bettors like the Under, moving the number to 55. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Tulane is 6-1 ATS in its last seven non-conference games.
                                * Oklahoma is 6-0 ATS in its last six home games.
                                * Over is 4-0 in Tulane's last four non-conference games.
                                * Under is 5-1 in Oklahoma's last six home games.

Colorado State Rams at (1) Alabama Crimson Tide (-28.5, 54.5)

* Rams QB Nick Stevens leads the FBS in passing yards (985) and has broken the 300-yard barrier in four straight games. The Colorado State defense has forced nine turnovers through three games, including seven interceptions.

* Alabama has held opponents below 200 total yards in 44 of 127 games since the start of the 2008 season. The Crimson Tide improved to 93-5 over that span when rushing for 140 or more yards, racking up 305 in last week's win over Fresno State.

LINE HISTORY: Oddsmakers opened the No. 1 ranked Crimson Tide as 27-point home chalk and they have been bet up to the current number of Alabama -28.5. The total opened at 53.5 and has been bet up to 54.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Colorado State is 8-1 ATS in its last nine games vs. a team with a winning record.
                                * Alabama is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games following a ATS loss.
                                * Under is 6-0 in Colorado State's last six games in September.
                                * Under is 6-1 in Alabama's last seven non-conference games.

(11) Louisiana State Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs (+7.5, 55)

* The Tigers have allowed just one touchdown over their previous three games. LSU hasn't lost a fumble on a rushing attempt since last season against Florida, a stretch of 218 carries and counting.

* The Bulldogs rank fourth in the SEC in scoring defense (10.5), first in passing yards allowed per game (89) and third in tackles for loss (16). SMU is one of only three Power 5 teams yet to allow a sack.

LINE HISTORY: LSU opened as l6.5-point road faves over Mississippi State and bettors have pushed the Tigers to -7.5. The total hit the board at 52.5 and got as high as 56.5, before coming back down to the current number of 55. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* LSU is 4-0 ATS in its last four road games.
                                * LSU is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 meetings in Mississippi State.
                                * Over is 5-0 in Mississippi State's last five games vs. SEC opponents.
                                * Under is 5-1-2 in LSU's last eight games following a SU win.

(18) Kansas State Wildcats at Vanderbilt Commodores (+3.5, 49.5)

* Kansas State allowed just 59 passing yards last week vs. Charlotte, its lowest total since 2000. The Wildcats have gone six games without throwing an interception, their longest such streak in five years.

* The Commodores rank first in the nation in red-zone defense and opponent third-down conversion rate, and second in scoring defense. Their +64 scoring margin through the first two games is their best over that stretch since 1970.

LINE HISTORY: The Wildcats opened this matchup favored by a field goal on the road, were bet as high as -4.5, before coming back down to the current number of -3.5. The total hit the board at 48 and got as high 52.5, before coming back down to 49.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Kansas State is 4-0 ATS in its last four games overall
                                * Vanderbilt is 5-1 ATS in its last six games vs. a team with a winning record.
                                * Over is 7-1 in Kansas State's last eight games overall.
                                * Over is 4-1 in Vanderbilt's last five home games.

Georgia State at (5) Penn State Nittany Lions (-37, 55.5)

* Saturday's game marks the Bulldogs' first game on natural grass since 2015. QB Conner Manning's 82.4-percent completion rate in the season opener vs. Tennessee State was the highest in school history.

* Nittany Lions QB Trace McSorley has thrown a touchdown passes in a school-record 17 consecutive games. RB Saquon Treadwell has scored in nine straight games, tied for the longest active streak in Division I.

LINE HISTORY: Oddsmakers opened Penn State as big 38.5-point home chalk for this matchup and bettors thought it was a few points too many, moving the line to the current nuber of -37. The total hit the board at 53.5 and has moved up a point and a half to the current number of 55. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Georgia State is 1-4 ATS in its last five games overall.
                                * Penn State is 10-0-2 ATS in its last 12 games overall.
                                * Under is 5-0 in Georgia State in its last five road games.
                                * Over is 14-6 in Penn State's last 20 games overall.

Texas Longhorns at (4) USC Trojans (-15.5, 67.5)

* The Longhorns already have four non-offensive touchdowns after recording zero all of last season. Saturday’s win over San Jose State marked the fifth time since 1943 that Texas has had 600+ yards of offense while allowing less than 200.

* The Trojans have generated at least 400 yards of total offense in 12 consecutive games. USC is 18-10-1 all-time against current members of the Big 12, including a perfect 3-0 mark vs. Texas.

LINE HISTORY: The Trojans opened as 17-point favorites and have bounced back and forth between that and Trojans -15 for most of the week. The number is currently -15.5. The total opened at 67 and is up slightly to 67.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Texas is 1-4 ATS in its last five ganes overall.
                                * USC is 4-1 ATS in its last five home games.
                                * Under is 8-1 in Texas' last nine games overall.
                                * Over is 4-0 in USC's last four games overall.

Fresno State Bulldogs at (6) Washington Huskies (-33, 56.5)

* The Bulldogs have committed just four penalties through their first two games, second-fewest in Division I. Fresno State has also turned the ball over just once, after committing 18 turnovers last season.

* Fresh off leading the nation in turnovers a season ago, the Huskies are already at a +5 turnover differential through two games. Washington is 29-11 all-time against current members of the Mountain West Conference.

LINE HISTORY: The Huskies opened as big 33-point home favorites and the line has yet to move off that number. The total opened at 54.5 and has moved up to points to 56.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Fresno State is 4-0 ATS in its last four games vs. Pac-12 opponents.
                                * Washington is 4-1 in its last five games vs. MWC opponents.
                                * Under is 4-1 in Fresno State's last five games overall.
                                * Under is 5-1-1 in Washington's last seven games overall.

San Jose State Spartans at (24) Utah Utes (26, 59.5)

* Spartans linebacker Frank Ginda leads Division I in total tackles (42) and ranks second in per-game average (14). San Jose State has committed five turnovers in its two losses, leading to 28 total points against.

* The Utes sit atop the Pac-12 and rank 12th nationally in average rushing yards against (59), while allowing the fewest first downs in the conference (25). Tyler Huntley ranks eighth among Division I QBs at 79.5 rushing yards per game.

LINE HISTORY: The Utes opened as healthy 26-point home faves in this matchup. They were bet up to Utah -27 before coming back down to the opening number. The total hit the board at 56 and bettors love the Over here, moving the number three and a half points to the current number of 59.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* San Jose State is 7-1 ATS in its last eight games following an ATS loss.
                                * Utah is 5-1 ATS in its last six games vs. MWC opponents.
                                * Under is 4-0 in San Jose State's last four games overall.
                                * Under is 5-0 in Utah's last five games overall.

(19) Stanford Cardinal at San Diego State Aztecs (+8.5, 48.5)

* The Cardinal have won the time of possession battle in 28 of their last 35 games. RB Bryce Love is the first player in school history with more than 100 rushing yards in each of his first four career starts.

* RB Rashaad Penny ranks second in the nation in rushing yards (413) and is the only player in Division I with a rushing, receiving and return TD in the same game. The Aztecs have forced five fumbles over their first two games.

LINE HISTORY: Most books opened the Cardinal as 9-point road faves and they got as high as -9.5, but since then the number has come back down to Stanford -8.5. The total opened a 45.5 and has seen all over money, moving up three points to the current number of 48.5. Check out the complete line history here.

TRENDS:

* Stanford is 11-2 ATS in its last 13 games following a SU loss.
                                * San Diego State is 6-1 ATS in its last seven games following a SU win.
                                * Over is 5-1 in Stanford's last six games overall.
                                * Over is 4-0 in San Diego State's last four games following a ATS win.

Comment

Working...
                                X