Vols Fan U.S Open Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vols Fan U.S Open Picks

Doing my normal picks of 10 guys from favorites to longshots. Throwing out $170

Favorites:
    Rory Mcllroy +1000---------40/400
    Phil Mickelson +1300---------20/260
    Jordan Spieth +2000----------18/360

Middle:
    Dustin Johnson +3000-----------20/600
    Jason Day +3000----------------20/600
    Sergio Garcia +3000--------------15/450
    Webb Simpson +3500--------------15/525

Longshots
    Ernie Ells +12000----------------------5/600
    Reteif Goosen +15000-----------------7/1,050
    Patrick Reed +15000------------------10/1,500

Good luck yall

Like Rory and Spieth also. Good luck buddy!

Comment

This could be another US open that Rory walks away with KB. Long course and he is killing the ball right now.

Comment

I heard 2 people do radio interviews from the golf channel and both said Rory had no chance this weekend because the course was a horrible match for his game. They liked 3 guys ... Mickelson, Scott and Bubba. (FWIW)

Good Luck vols!
        Last edited by wayne1218; 06-11-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          I heard 2 people do radio interviews from the golf channel and both said Rory had no chance this weekend because the course was a horrible match for his game. They liked 3 guys ... Mickelson, Scott and Bubba. (FWIW)

Good Luck vols!
          I took Phil but Scott isn't putting well and after hearing Bubba's interview on Tuesday I decided to stay away from him also. Nobody gets on themself or the course more than Bubba does and hell he was already sounding like a debbie downer about how hard the course was and how he would be hitting longer irons into par 4's than he ever has before. He usually hits pw or sw in on par 4's and will be hitting 4i and 5i into them so I think mentally he don't have the advantage that he normally does. I think Rory wins and Vegas likes him too so fuck them guys on Golf Channel.

Comment

Yeah I like golf but I do not cap it. Usually when I hear those golf guys I figure they follow it for a living so they have a good idea. I may put a few bucks on it but I usually look around at a lot of places, including threads here before I gather a consensus and pick a couple.

Comment

Round by Round matchups is where the moneys at in my humble opinion.

Comment

Good luck Vols. I like your card!

Comment

I don't work for Golf Channel but Scott putted like shit and bubba was a downer all day just like I figured. Like the position I'm in right now with a few guys. Still early. USGA will have it fast and tough tomorrow. They treat -5 as a slap in the face

Comment

Yeah I didn't bet anything on it. Like you said, just too many guys that can win. Rory didn't exactly look great either (T37th). Kuchar is a guy I mentioned to you in the other thread. He got off to a fast start and cooled off too but he is right there still.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                      Yeah I didn't bet anything on it. Like you said, just too many guys that can win. Rory didn't exactly look great either (T37th). Kuchar is a guy I mentioned to you in the other thread. He got off to a fast start and cooled off too but he is right there still.
                      So you mention Kuchar and he's "right there still" but yet Mcllroy is only 2 shots behind Kuchar but he didn't "look great"? It's the US OPEN and this leaderboard will change every second and everyone in the top 50 are in the hunt

Comment

Kaymer could shoot 75 tomorrow but IMO he played very much in control today. Major Champion and just won the Players Championship. I'll be anxious to see the updated odds. I might have to throw some on him

Comment

Kaymer +400 on revised odds

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                            So you mention Kuchar and he's "right there still" but yet Mcllroy is only 2 shots behind Kuchar but he didn't "look great"? It's the US OPEN and this leaderboard will change every second and everyone in the top 50 are in the hunt
                            It's not the "2 Shots" that bother me, it's the 20+ guys. If it was only about the 2 shots I would say Scott is right there with Rory (2 behind) him, but for now, he isn't.
                            Last edited by wayne1218; 06-12-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

New odds
                              Rory Mcllroy +1450
                              MATT KUCHAR +1500
                              ADAM SCOTT +3500

Comment

Working...
                              X