KB's NBA and Nascar Kobalt 400 from Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    I really have NO problem with Danica racing vols. I really don't but I honestly do think judging her based on nothing but her driving and skills on the track, she sucks. Sorry but I do. Has nothing to do with a male/female thing. I also think her path to Nascar was basically given to her on a silver platter because she is a female. Most guys had to fight for years and years to get on a team as solid as Stewart haas and she was basically given the position based soley on gender and looks. You may not agree but that's my opinion!
    We just agree to disagree. The girl works her ass off. She is always in the garage trying to get help. She's not some girl that just races to prove a girl can be out there. Anyone who follows the sport should know that. Will she win? Probably not. Does she want to win more than anyone in the garage? Damn right she does and I like her for that

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
      All the excuses in the world but Stewart Haas is still probably a 4th or 5th place team out of the main 6 teams.
      I gave no excuses. Stewart is one of the best drivers in Nascar vols and his multiple Championships prove that. I know you are not stupid and would have to agree with that. It is a simple fact that a broken leg and 15 missed races will mean you are not making the chase. That's not an excuse. And Newman was in the chase and finished 11th. Danica sucked. Not sure how else to put it but the team beyond danica didn't suck.

Comment

We just agree to disagree. The girl works her ass off. She is always in the garage trying to get help. She's not some girl that just races to prove a girl can be out there. Anyone who follows the sport should know that. Will she win? Probably not. Does she want to win more than anyone in the garage? Damn right she does and I like her for that
        See, you treat her like she does things above and beyond that others do not do. Don't you think every driver in Nascar works their ass off and is in the garage all week? I do. She is only doing what she should be doing. I told you I based my opinion on her based on her driving and not her gender already.

Comment

See, you treat her like she does things above and beyond that others do not do. Don't you think every driver in Nascar works their ass off and is in the garage all week? I do. She is only doing what she should be doing. I told you I based my opinion on her based on her driving and not her gender already.
          Wayne every fucker in Nascar is there because of a rich daddy. Just cause she had a major sponsor back her don't mean she's not different than others. Would the Dillon boys be there without grandpas money? Menard is with Childress for one reason and one reason only. His daddy's money and Menards Furniture. Logano came from money. All around the garage are guys just like her who either money,parents or sex appeal got them in the game.

Comment

Wayne every fucker in Nascar is there because of a rich daddy. Just cause she had a major sponsor back her don't mean she's not different than others. Would the Dillon boys be there without grandpas money? Menard is with Childress for one reason and one reason only. His daddy's money and Menards Furniture. Logano came from money. All around the garage are guys just like her who either money,parents or sex appeal got them in the game.
            Yes parents all had money to get them in racing but most do not get to sprint cup vols because daddy paid. C'mon, you think Gordon or Johnson's dad paid to get them in sprint cup? No, they EARNED IT!

Even Dillon. Grandpa may be the owner but the kid proved his worth on his own and on the track by winning the damn Nationwide series last year. That's earning your spot. Yes, daddy funds Menard but again, unlike Danica, he can drive. Logano earned his on the track in Nationwide too!
            Last edited by wayne1218; 03-09-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Yes parents all had money to get them in racing but most do not get to sprint cup vols because daddy paid. C'mon, you think Gordon or Johnson's dad paid to get them in sprint cup? No, they EARNED IT!

Even Dillon. Grandpa may be the owner but the kid proved his worth on his own and on the track by winning the damn Nationwide series last year. That's earning your spot. Yes, daddy funds Menard but again, unlike Danica, he can drive. Logano earned his on the track in Nationwide too!
              All those guys will finish just a few spots higher than Danica though. All I'm saying!!

Comment

Godaddy did push Danica into cup to fast. And Stewart Haas needed the money. IMO she needed 2-3 years in nationwide atleast before she moved up. I'll admit that

Comment

Godaddy did push Danica into cup to fast. And Stewart Haas needed the money. IMO she needed 2-3 years in nationwide atleast before she moved up. I'll admit that
                  Danica should have raced full time in Nationwide for at least 3-4 years 1st. It would have given her time in the car, it would have given her more confidence against lesser competition and it would have REALLY helped the Nationwide series get much needed attention and ticket sales that it lacks now. Doing it the way they did has failure written all over it!

Comment

tech, You lose ALL credibility if you think Danica wins this race, or even has a chance. She fuckin sucks. Please stop!

GL kb!!!
                    Wayne I was going by practice times. She had the 13th best time in 1st Practice and 6th 2nd practice. As I said before the race this could turn into a gas mileage race and anyone could try to run low and possibly win on fuel mileage. Someone will win a race this year that does not deserve to win just because the way points are set up. On the 1.5 mile tracks a lot of the times they turn into a fuel mileage that's why I said she was fast.Do I think she would have led 75 laps NO but I think NASCAR would love for her to win so you never know.
                    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I hear ya' jerry. I was just giving you shit!

Comment

A simple gl kb would prolly have sufficed

True dat ... GoDaddy wanted in the Big league too soon! (obviously they're NOT real Nascar fans, nor do that have a clue about what it takes) Danica sold out her career for JMHO

glkb

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                          Wayne I was going by practice times. She had the 13th best time in 1st Practice and 6th 2nd practice. As I said before the race this could turn into a gas mileage race and anyone could try to run low and possibly win on fuel mileage. Someone will win a race this year that does not deserve to win just because the way points are set up. On the 1.5 mile tracks a lot of the times they turn into a fuel mileage that's why I said she was fast.Do I think she would have led 75 laps NO but I think NASCAR would love for her to win so you never know.
                          It's a slow day Jerry and this post just keeps sticking out in my head.

Danica always said she wants to be treated just like any other driver and not like a woman. I really think my problem here is that i'm doing that. I'm looking at her like any other driver and I could care less what her gender is. I really do not feel like others do that and your post is another reason why I think that.

When looking at any race, do you really look at somebody who is 13th & 6th in practice and consider them "Fast"? Do you see that and based on that consider them for winning the race? I consider that good speed and ok speed. I wouldn't look at anybody finishing 13th & 6th and think they are fast. I just wouldn't. It means nothing to me because if those were her times or Brian Scott's times, I would still know once the race started, they would not be in contention, but since it is "Her" we make more of it than it really is? Do you know who was 13th & 6th in practices in Phoenix (or there about)? Probably not.

I have never seen someone who finished 27th in the points get so much attention on a weekly basis. I also realize a big part of that is the media's fault but it is also a fault of many fans who do look at her as sort of a side show since she is a woman racing and her expectations are automatically lowered because of that.

Again, JMO!

Comment

Working...
                          X