Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Touts SUE those who give out plays for FREE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah BC that's the one

All of these services are trying to keep a low profile on this issue. They know they have no chance to stop people from sharing info. They can't claim it hurts their business any more than somebody giving away the ending of a movie or book.

These guys have proliferated to this point, but they will be out of business (most of them) within 5 years. Too many games that fall under the serendipity umbrella and too many people that find out they can do it just as well. Feist, Root and a few others will survive because of their marketing superiority, and their longevity. But most of the rest can pack it in in a couple of years.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

www.**************.com

Posted there tonite as example:

ROOTS SERVICE FOR TOMOORW

Message #63496 Posted by lisa on 2003-12-31 6:54:17pm
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Wayne (Tiny) Root

1/1/04
      chair - mia fla
      mill - wva
      no limit - goy - mich
      bod - iowa
      fortune - purdue

Comment

that is:

Comment

what is the deal on this one?

tryed to post twice for the guy and
          won't let me type in the URL ...

Sorry, I tried to forward info to help ya

Comment

How bout this:

We don't allow posting of other sites plus most of these sites copy the plays from this one.
            Last edited by BettorsChat; 01-01-2004, 02:20 AM.

Comment

All I know is that last I looked there were over 19000 hits today alone on the thread which gives out the services' picks.
              To me some of those are folks(maybe including myself on rare occasion) who might have bought the picks if they were not posted for nothing.
              I agree- within 2-5 years max because of increased use of computer by gamblers, paid services will go the way of the dinosaurs, and Phil Steele will be literally be talking to himself when he tries to convince folks to join his executive service for the season for a "mere" $4000.
              As stated law suits in this area have already been proven to be frivolous and without merit.
              As was also stated, even if paid services were able to avoid extinction because their picks are given away, most folks will discover that there are folks who do a great job and post for nothing right here at bettorschat, gamblerstalk, etc.
              Would you pay your doctor for a flu shot when you could get one for free at your local health clinic?

Comment

Working...
              X