3* 1-0 +3.0 units
    2* 4-5 -3.0 units
    1* 23-18 +3.0 units
    NFL/CFB Combined 65-53 +6.0 units
    4* 1-2 -4.8 units
    3* 1-0 +3.0 units
    2* 11-9 +2.2 units
    1* 52-42 +5.6 units

I posted both plays earlier in the week. The -9 1/2 is still available at some books for only -115. I would urge buying the hook if you can get it for less than -120. The Ravens are available for low juice at +3 1/2 at books that let you buy off the three (as mine does).

Saturday:

1* Ravens + 3 1/2 (-115)
    I went against Baltimore last week and was awed by how their defense shut down an excellent KC attack. The Ravens D is as good as Pittsburgh's. On offense, in a game like this I like the team whose running game I most trust and I really like Ray Rice. Close game----points are a huge plus.

Sunday:

3* Bears -9 1/2
    Only my second NFL play 3* or higher this year. Here are my reasons:
    1) Playoff games are usually won on defense (three of last week's were) and the Bears defense towers over Seattle's lousy D;
    2) I won't bore you with the technical stats here but they all favor the Bears and there's a beautiful one about going against a team after they knocked off last year's Super Bowl winner (now 10-1 ATS going back two decades);
    3) It was a gamble but I like Lovie Smith's decision to play his starters in the season finale at GB. The Bears remain very sharp;
    4) It's the Bears first home playoff game in several years and Soldier Field will be rocking. In contrast, Seattle's last two crucial wins were at home in front of a loud crowd. Totally different scenario here;
    5) Devon Hester and Daneal Manning are a spectacular return threat. One of them will break something here;
    6) If Seattle and GB win, a 7-9 regular season team would be hosting the NFC championship game. Things like that don't happen;
    7) Throughout the season, when the Seahawks have lost, they've been annihilated. This is typical of teams with rah-rah coaches like Carrolll---the teams are prone to big letdowns after sky high performances;
    8) I know it's a big number but there's a reason for it.

Other games:
    New England should win but I don't like the number.
    GB-Atlanta is a tossup. Green Bay's defense is the best in the league right now but in game managment situations, Mike Smith's get the big edge over the perpetually scrambling Mike McCarthy.

Good Luck Gris
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

bol gris
      Bet with your head...Not over it

1 unit = $50
      2012 Record
      NCAA FB 0-0
      NFL 0-0

Comment

gl gris

Comment

Good luck Gris...

Comment

GL this weekend Gris!

Comment

good luck this weekend, Griz!

Comment

GL this weekend gris
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Good Luck gris. You think the Bears will cover??? Hope you are correct pal. I am very concerned about this game. Trap comes to mind

Comment

Playing next week's now!

Amazing lines. I have strong opinions on both. Lines up now at bookmaker.com, a site sponsor, and that's where I've bet them.

3* Bears +3 (+100)
                    2* Steelers -3 (-120)

This is only the second time in more than a decade a team has been a home dog in the conference finals. Both of the last two won straight up (Arizona in 08 the most recent). The Bears are a very strong play for me.

Note also, the four remaining teams have four of the five best defenses in the NFL (maybe Balt cracks the list).

Defense still wins in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                    X