No announcement yet.

Picks & Write Ups (2010-11 Bowl Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas St vs Syracuse (@ Yankee Stadium, New York, NY)

3* Syracuse Pk (3:25 PM)

K-State has shown they can score and Syracuse has shown that they can not of late. I'm going with Syracuse for three reasons though. The crowd will be a huge advantage for the Orange, yet the game is still played outside the Carrier Dome where they are (5-1) this season away from home. The 2nd reason is defense. Syracuse ranks 5th in the Country in yards allowed. Kansas St, 104th. Advantage Syracuse. The last reason is the line. People are betting Kansas St at almost a 60% clip and the line has moved as much as 3 1/2 points in the Orange favor. Somebody loves Syracuse and it isn't Joe public.

Syracuse 27 Kansas St 20

Comment

North Carolina vs Tennessee (@ Nashville, Tn)

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Tenn. (+8) - "OVER" (43) -130 (6:35 PM)

Two teams that faced a lot of adversity this year face off in Nashville. I think it could come down to a late FG in this one and i side slightly with the Vols. UT finished strong winning 4 straight to end the season and become Bowl eligible. Under the leadership of QB Bray, UT seemed to blossom on offense in those final games by scoring about 38 per game. He also passed for 300+ yards in 3 of those 4 games. On the other side you have another solid QB in Yates. He leads a Top 25 passing attack and he should have success as well. I lean to the Vols because the game is being played in Nashville and they seem to be the team surging at this point of the season.

Tennessee 30 North Carolina 27

Comment

good luck on the Thursday picks, Wayne!

Comment

good luck tmrw wayne !!

Comment

Nebraska vs Washington (@ San Diego, Ca)

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Nebraska (-6) - "OVER" (46) -130 (10:05 PM)

The glaring difference in this game will be the same thing that happened in the 1st meeting. Nebraska lives with the run and they will pound it all night long. They are 8th in the Country in rushing yards per game. The weakness on the Huskies defense? You guessed it, stopping the run, where they rank 109th in the Country giving up over 200 yards per game. It will be the difference again tonight. I do like how Washington finished the season strong though and i think Locker will put some points on the board to reach the over. The line also points directly at Washington. I will tease it for those 2 reasons alone and hope they win by 7+ and i think as long as Martinez stays healthy they will.

Nebraska 38 Washington 23

Comment

So Florida vs Clemson (@ Charlotte, NC)

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Clemson (+1.5) - "UNDER" (47.5) -130 (12:05 PM)

I'll keep this short & sweet. Both teams have one strength and it is defense. The one star So Florida does have on offense is Daniels and he is out. The leading TD man for Clemson is Ellington. He is out too. I think Clemson has the better offense behind Parker and i think they have the better defense too.

Clemson 23 So Florida 13

Comment

Playing your picks today. Was the end of that Syracuse game one of the most mucked up calls you've seen in a long time? I was dancing...but seriously, that was bogus?

Good luck the rest of the nite!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ICD55 View Post
                  Playing your picks today. Was the end of that Syracuse game one of the most mucked up calls you've seen in a long time? I was dancing...but seriously, that was bogus?

Good luck the rest of the nite!

Scott
                  It was a terrible call but when i saw the flag i was pumped!

Comment

Notre Dame vs Miami (@ El Paso, TX)

5* Notre Dame +3 (2:05 PM)

Two teams that were going in opposite directions when the season ended. Miami lost their last 2 games and now they enter the Bowl game with a interim coach and a banged up team. Are they motivated for the Sun Bowl? On the other side you have stability with a very good game coach in Brian Kelly and they ended the year winning 3 straight. I think they will be excited for this one and i think Kelly will have them ready for it too.

Notre Dame 26 Miami 20

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                      It was a terrible call but when i saw the flag i was pumped!
                      Yeah, how the heck do you throw a flag in that situation. That kid will never forget that

Comment

Georgia vs Central Florida (@ Memphis, TN)

3* Central Florida +7 (-120) (3:35 PM)

Just a gut feeling here with a pesky UCF team that went (5-1) away from Home, (10-3) Overall and (10-3) Ats this season. The line opened at -7 and has dropped to -6.5 at most books now. Factor in that almost 3 out of every 4 playing this game is on Georgia and you have a very nice line play on UCF too. The Knights are a good dog going (7-2) Ats in their last 9 and the Bulldogs are only (1-6) Ats in their last 7 vs a winning team.

Georgia 24 C. Florida 23

Comment

South Carolina vs Florida St (@ Atlanta, Ga)

5* South Carolina -3 (7:35 PM)

I will edit in the write up on Friday!

Comment

Man that fuckin pisses me off. Everything i read said BJ Daniels was out for So Fla. and the cocksucker plays and burns me. FUCK N A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

good luck tonight, buddy!

Comment

No write ups today. Running late!

Bowl Game "Teaser of the Year"
                                20* "7 PT." Teaser = Alabama (-2) - Oklahoma (-9.5) -130

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Tex Tech (-.5) - Michigan (+10.5) -130

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Florida (Pk) - "OVER" (41) -130

5* TCU -2.5 (-125)

Comment

Working...
                                X