Picks & Write Ups (2010-11 Bowl Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIU vs Toledo (@ Detroit, Mi)

5* "7 PT." Teaser = Toledo (+6) - "OVER" (50) -130 (8:35 PM)

I like both QB's for Toledo. Dantin probably isn't playing but i really like Owens a lot too if he doesn't. He and WR Page have really lit it up of late and i think they simply have too many weapons for FIU to handle. It very well could be a shootout though because FIU can put points on the board as well and neither defense will put up much resistence. In their last 5 games, FIU has averaged 38 ppg and Toledo 36 ppg. on offense. In that same 5 game span, both have given up 28 ppg. on defense. The game is being played in the midwest and i think the Home crowd advantage here will be with the Rockets as well. In what could be an entertaining game, side with the duo of QB Owens & WR Page in this one.

Toledo 35 FIU 30

Comment

GL as always boss.

Hope you and your family are having a great Holiday Season.
      The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Air Force vs Georgia Tech (@ Shreveport, La.)

5* Georgia Tech +3 (-115) (5:05 PM)

If you like watching a great running attack, you will see the two best on display tonight. If you want the aerial attack, turn it to MNF. Georgia Tech Ranks #1 in the Country rushing the ball and Air Force Ranks #2. QB Josh Nesbitt is the offense for Tech. He missed the last 3 1/2 games and is listed as doubtful tonight. I know that has many worried about playing Tech tonight but you shouldn't be. Backup QB Tevin Washington hasn't missed a beat running the Tech offense. The Yellow Jackets average 327 ypg on the ground and in QB Washington's last 3 starts, they have averaged 338 ypg on the ground. Two of those games were vs Miami and Va Tech so it wasn't done against bad defense's either. Guess where the Air Force defense Ranks vs the run? How about 99th in the Country, out of 120 teams. Not good, not good at all vs that #1 Ranked Tech rushing attack. Also, Tech HC Paul Johnson used to coach at Navy and he is very familiar with the Falcons and what they do. He has had quite a bit of success against them, including 5 straight Wins when at Navy. He is also (22-10) Ats in his last 32 as a dog and Air Force is (1-6) Ats in their last 7 as a favorite. I really like the Yellow Jackets here.

Georgia Tech 36 Air Force 27

Comment

GL tonight wayne
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Gl. Was leaning towards GT, your writeup has convinced me. Thanks

Comment

FYI, heard Nesbitt is out.
              CFB YTD: 4-4
              NFL YTD: 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by yabmane View Post
                FYI, heard Nesbitt is out.
                Right!

Comment

good luck wayne ... i like it as well

Comment

On it. gl wayne

Comment

good luck with G tech tonight, Wayne!

Comment

Did you take into account the GT suspensions......I think they are sitting out a half?
                        It's f**kin' cold and there's lots of snow--this sucks!

Comment

Good stuff, but I hope your score prediction is off, I'm on the <.
                          Good Luck & enjoy the game!

Comment

Originally posted by sbturm View Post
                            Did you take into account the GT suspensions......I think they are sitting out a half?
                            Nobody important.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Nobody important.
                              Agree!

Comment

Man that G.T. game just felt like one of those games that drive you crazy when you lose. They rush for 294 and hold A.F. to 173 on the ground and they only score 7 points? Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Ughh!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X