Francoeur traded for Ryan Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
    You're not happy with this? I thought you disliked Jeff just as much as I did.
    I'm happy we traded him but we got nothing for him.Thats why I made the "apples for oranges" comment.You take a young good looking kid who has a strong arm and has alot of pressure playing in front of his hometown,you can get some good talent for him.We get Ryan Church.IMO we needed a good 2 player trade from the Braves for one solid player from someone else.Insted we traded one bust for another

Comment

I see your point Vols, but truthfully I am glad to get someone who can at least put the ball in play on a regular basis
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I see your point Vols, but truthfully I am glad to get someone who can at least put the ball in play on a regular basis
        My 5 year old puts the ball in play more than Jeff did

Comment

McLouth
          Escobar
          Jones
          McCann
          Anderson
          Church
          Kotchman
          Conrad (or whoever they put at 2nd)

That's really not a bad lineup at all.

And there pitching is certainly not a problem.

I want one more big name bat in the lineup, but even if the Braves have to roll the second half of the season with this team, they definitely have a shot.

Comment

McLouth
            Escobar
            Jones
            McCann
            Anderson
            Church
            Kotchman

I want one more big name bat in the lineup, but even if the Braves have to roll the second half of the season with this team, they definitely have a shot.
            Like you said Mavs,pitching ain't a problem.Since 1990 we won 1 World Series.Thats awful if you ask me.If we could have just avg. 3 runs a game over the last 20 years we would have won 4 or 5 world series.Hitting has always been our problem.

Comment

Vols, when Huddy comes back, the Braves will have 6 LEGIT starters. And not one of them would be useful out of the bullpen. What do they do then?

I think it's time to move one of the pitchers, Vasquez or Kawakami, and get back a nice power bat. I wouldn't mind having Medlen in the rotation for a few weeks while Huddy got healthy if it meant having a power bat in the lineup.

Comment

Vols, when Huddy comes back, the Braves will have 6 LEGIT starters. And not one of them would be useful out of the bullpen. What do they do then?

I think it's time to move one of the pitchers, Vasquez or Kawakami, and get back a nice power bat. I wouldn't mind having Medlen in the rotation for a few weeks while Huddy got healthy if it meant having a power bat in the lineup.
                My point exactly Mavs.We could have had a two man trade like Francoeur and Kawakami for 1 good bat out there and that would have been a good deal.The Braves blow my mind sometimes!!!!!

Comment

McLouth
                  Escobar
                  Jones
                  McCann
                  Anderson
                  Church
                  Kotchman

Man, I just don't see that lineup as "That Good". Anderson and Kotchman do NOTHING for me. Let's face it, Church is nothing special and who the hell is Conrad? He isn't proven at all yet. I don't know but that lineup doesn't scare me at all. I've said it once and i'll say it again, they need to add a Right handed bat to that lineup and i think M. Holliday would be a great fit there in the 4 or 5 hole. McCann, Church, Anderson and Kotchman are all lefties. They were weighted to the left side before the trade and they give up one of just a few right handed bats to get another lefty in return? They need a bat badly and they also need a right handed bat badly. Matt Holliday fits the profile!

Comment

Huddy threw a 90 pitch BP session a couple days ago and looked "okay" from what I've heard. He's scheduled to pitch in Myrtle Beach next week. Sounds like he'll be back soon, and I'm really interested to see how they plan on having six good starters in the rotation.

Unless, they use Hudson in the pen, but I really can't see that happening. Kami and Vasquez are the only two they can really deal. But, you're right they should have packaged one of them with Francoeur. I can also see them trading Diaz, who at this point has about the same value as Jeff did. Diaz and Kami is still a good looking package to someone, I'm sure. The only problem is Kawakami is still in his 30s.

But, I don't know, these are just ideas.

Comment

Not to mention Chipper having more injury woes .......

Comment

yikes 2 bottom feeders making a trade. just a question if the indians and the royals make a trade would it be news like this? lol

seriously though i dont think either team gains much of anything here. franqueer has been a disappointment thus far in his career IMO and church is average at best. if i had to make a call here id say atl got the better deal slightly.
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

McLouth
                          Escobar
                          Jones
                          McCann
                          Anderson
                          Church
                          Kotchman

IMO the lineup has 2 and a half quality bats. McLouth McCann and jones. jones gets 1/2 cause he gets hurt as much as kb's liver does on the weekend
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                            yikes 2 bottom feeders making a trade. just a question if the indians and the royals make a trade would it be news like this? lol

seriously though i dont think either team gains much of anything here. franqueer has been a disappointment thus far in his career IMO and church is average at best. if i had to make a call here id say atl got the better deal slightly.
                            Church doesn't strike out nearly as much and that's what I'm happy about. As a fan it's hard to watch Francoeur at the plate, his OBP is less than .300. That is terrible!

Comment

IMO the lineup has 2 and a half quality bats. McLouth McCann and jones. jones gets 1/2 cause he gets hurt as much as kb's liver does on the weekend
                              Agreed ... BINGO!!!

Comment

Seriously though, i think that is perfectly said about the Braves offense Bryan. I agree 100% and think you are dead on with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X