A Presti Special

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
      Guess not

A Presti Special
      I guess I'll just

Comment

Curry may be the key to Stoudemire deal

Plenty of people think that by drafting Stephen Curry, the Warriors may have the pieces to grab Amare Stoudemire from Phoenix. When it didn't happen yesterday, however, it may have been disappointing to Suns fans.

But it could still happen.

The Arizona Republic reports that the trade -- Stoudemire for Curry, Marco Belinelli, Brandan Wright and Andris Biedrins -- can't happen until Wednesday because the trade limitations on Biedrins' contract end on July 8.

Another hint it'll happen: Don Nelson saying he likes Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson as his starting back court.

Comment

I liked the Mavs pick a lot. Think Mullens will work well with some time and work. Would have liked them to try and move up though and get a better big man, but Mullens will work out well IMO.

I also liked what the Nets did moving VC for Alston and Lee, but to then draft another guard is confusing. I thought they would have been better off with Clark or Hans.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            curry may be the key to stoudemire deal

plenty of people think that by drafting stephen curry, the warriors may have the pieces to grab amare stoudemire from phoenix. When it didn't happen yesterday, however, it may have been disappointing to suns fans.

But it could still happen.

The arizona republic reports that the trade -- stoudemire for curry, marco belinelli, brandan wright and andris biedrins -- can't happen until wednesday because the trade limitations on biedrins' contract end on july 8.

Another hint it'll happen: Don nelson saying he likes monta ellis and stephen jackson as his starting back court.

giving out way too much for amare

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              I liked the Mavs pick a lot. Think Mullens will work well with some time and work. Would have liked them to try and move up though and get a better big man, but Mullens will work out well IMO.

I also liked what the Nets did moving VC for Alston and Lee, but to then draft another guard is confusing. I thought they would have been better off with Clark or Hans.
              I think we traded you guys for mullen and gave you the french boy and more
              updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
              NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill View Post
                Round 1
                25 (25) Rodrigue Beaubois PG 6'3 174 France
                Analysis: OKC immediately swaps the athletic Frenchman to Dallas for Mullens. Why didn't they just draft their guys in their original slots? Do you have to pay a trade fee like in some fantasy leagues? Seems like this would've been a spot to cut some costs. Anyway, OKC gets a potential center for the future, Dallas gets a raw athlete. What a draft. -- Dan Wetzel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Note: from San Antonio, traded to Dallas for No. 24 pick B.J. Mullens and future second-round pick
                updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill View Post
                  Wow, yes they did. I guess because of the uncertainty on whether or not Kidd will be back, and if so, for how long. Team still has a lot of work to do though. I liked Mullens, thought he was a good pick, haven't heard much about Beaubois, but then again he's from Guadaloupe, so who has?

Comment

Looks as if we drafted Mullens at the Thunder's expense to pick up an extra pick, smart move if they wanted Beaubois all along. But IMO a big man would have been better, pay the money to bring Kidd back, and get rid of Dampier.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                      Wow, yes they did. I guess because of the uncertainty on whether or not Kidd will be back, and if so, for how long. Team still has a lot of work to do though. I liked Mullens, thought he was a good pick, haven't heard much about Beaubois, but then again he's from Guadaloupe, so who has?
                      I really like him too, he's got a lot of physical ability and coordination -- we'll have to see how much basketball he can learn in the next couple of years.

Dallas always seems to do well with the Foreign athlete that's not well known - hope it works out better for us
                      updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

You guys got a solid big man, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                        X