Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Trade and Draft Talk

Magic in talks to acquire Nets’ Carter

The New Jersey Nets are in advanced discussions to send Vince Carter(notes) to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston(notes), Tony Battie(notes) and Courtney Lee(notes), a source with knowledge of the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

If the Nets move Carter, they will draft Louisville shooting guard Terrence Willams at No. 11, if he’s still available.

The source categorgized the deal as “close” and it could be consummated by the end of the night.

League executives say the Phoenix Suns and Golden State Warriors have discussed a possible trade that is centered around sending Amare Stoudemire to the Warriors for a package that would include Andris Biedrins and the No. 7 pick in the draft.

Comment

I like Biedrins and all, but he's no Amare Stoudemire. Screw the 7 pick.

Comment

POSTED: June 25 -- 5:18 p.m. ET

The New Jersey Nets have agreed to a trade in principle with the Magic that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          POSTED: June 25 -- 5:18 p.m. ET

The New Jersey Nets have agreed to a trade in principle with the Magic that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.
          Wow, looks like Cleveland is gonna have to make another move.

Comment

Screw Cleveland and Orlando, what the hell is Boston gonna do?

Comment

Screw Cleveland and Orlando, what the hell is Boston gonna do?
              They had their run, great trade by Ainge to get them the title, but now they gotta rebuild. The worst part is, their best rebuilding piece is Rondo and they don't want him. They might just have to ride this out for one more year, and they rebuild from the ground

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                They had their run, great trade by Ainge to get them the title, but now they gotta rebuild. The worst part is, their best rebuilding piece is Rondo and they don't want him. They might just have to ride this out for one more year, and they rebuild from the ground
                You call 1 year a run? Screw that, trade Ray Allen and/or Rondo and get something!!!

Comment

You call 1 year a run? Screw that, trade Ray Allen and/or Rondo and get something!!!
                  Yea they traded for 2 old players, they got one title and one injury plagued year. That will most likely happen again this year. That's the price the paid. I agree they should trade Allen and Rondo, but not sure what they can get.

Comment

Yea they traded for 2 old players, they got one title and one injury plagued year. That will most likely happen again this year. That's the price the paid. I agree they should trade Allen and Rondo, but not sure what they can get.
                    Big 3

Allen Contract up after 2009
                    Pierce Contract up after 2010
                    Garnett Contract up after 2011

They set this up for a reason and it was so they could lose one each year and reload as they go. I do not think they have any plans on rebuilding.

Comment

Big 3

Allen Contract up after 2009
                      Pierce Contract up after 2010
                      Garnett Contract up after 2011

They set this up for a reason and it was so they could lose one each year and reload as they go. I do not think they have any plans on rebuilding.
                      They may not have plans too, but they have no choice. The magic number for games played before a player starts falling off the face of the map is 1000. KG got hurt jumping. Do you remember CWebb, he got hurt jumping too, do you remember how good he was after that? I'm writing them off, I know you're not, and I'm not saying I'm right, but we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

They may not have plans too, but they have no choice. The magic number for games played before a player starts falling off the face of the map is 1000. KG got hurt jumping. Do you remember CWebb, he got hurt jumping too, do you remember how good he was after that? I'm writing them off, I know you're not, and I'm not saying I'm right, but we'll have to wait and see.

Are you comparing C Webb to KG? Seriously?? C Webb has been a train wreck his whole career and it all started with a TO called in a title game against UNC!

I think KG will be fine.

Comment

Are you comparing C Webb to KG? Seriously?? C Webb has been a train wreck his whole career and it all started with a TO called in a title game against UNC!

I think KG will be fine.
                          Their injures were very similar. I don't remember anyone else seriously hurting their knee jumping. KG was already not the same player that he was in prior years, and CWebb was great in his prime, he averaged very similar numbers to KG actually. KG is/was definitely the better player.

Comment

1 - Blake Griffin to the Clippers (Shocking)

2 -

Comment

1 - Blake Griffin to the Clippers (Shocking)

2 - Thabeet

3 -
                              He doesn't want to be in Memphis!

Comment

Working...
                              X