Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mavs

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
    This thread is due to a suggestion by grandmama, I know there are a lot of good cappers here, no names need be said. But anyone, and I mean anyone please feel free to jump in. Whether its because you live there, or you just have a good feel for it, what conferences and sports do you feel you are best at??? I know there are a lot of guys who have a great deal of success in the non-power conferences.

Just throw it out there guys, for all of us, you won't be stroking your own ego or anything like that. Just a quick survey, jump in, please. I'll start.....

I feel best at the Big East and most big game situations when teams are playing their best. For example March Madness, and the NFL playoffs are my two best times of the year. As for conferences, I feel best at capping Big East Basketball games.

Jump in guys, please......
    mavs....according to grandmama, just saying what you're good at is not adequate....just showing your plays is not good enough, without a write up/justification, he considers em/us Lazy and arrogant.....

I've given you my thoughts, and so have others, on what they feel they themselves are best at, so please don't start asking for a write up or reason as to why, on each friggin game....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

I used to think Big Ten and Pac ten and Mountaun conferences in foots and NFL but to be honest lately just good at losing money!

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker71 View Post
        I used to think Big Ten and Pac ten and Mountaun conferences in foots and NFL but to be honest lately just good at losing money!
        Thank you for the input stroker! And now, when I see you on a run in a certain conference, I will follow here and there, this is helpful information to me and others.
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
          mavs....according to grandmama, just saying what you're good at is not adequate....just showing your plays is not good enough, without a write up/justification, he considers em/us Lazy and arrogant.....

I've given you my thoughts, and so have others, on what they feel they themselves are best at, so please don't start asking for a write up or reason as to why, on each friggin game....
          Kapt. Do I think his negativity and some of what he said was out of line? YES. And if you read through what I said in his thread (which I know you did [ no sarcasm intended] ) I disagreed as well. However, I started this thread to help myself and others. He said something of value in that "we need to have more conversation" and he's right. This thread is intended for simple and honest discussion on what each person is best at. That is all, nothing more, nothing less.

So far the responses have been helpful, and I wish everyone would step in and let us know. Whether you're an everyday guy here, or a once in a while guy, let us know what you feel best at capping. Thanks for the responses so far guys!

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
            I am the best at going to Nascar races and checking the drivers to make sure their shafts and ball bearings are properly lubricated.

I then make my wagers according to their friction

signed,

VF

2 guys talking shit and niether one of you are in the Nascar pools here Wayne puts on. Well,theres always next year chickenshits
            Last edited by vols fan; 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Nascar and golf for me.I do pretty good in SEC football but I always give it back betting on the Big 10 and Acc.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                Nascar and golf for me.I do pretty good in SEC football but I always give it back betting on the Big 10 and Acc.
                Thanks Vols, exactly what I'm looking for. Sports, and a conference, thank you very much.

Guys keep jumping in.

Comment

2 guys talking shit and niether one of you are in the Nascar pools here Wayne puts on. Well,theres always next year chickenshits
                  Yea Yea Yea, Step up to the BIG BOYS POOL.

Comment

I follow the Big 12 more than anything else and definitely OU. I seem to read Okie State really well I tend to believe and have been on the right side on a lot of their games lately. Did well in Nascar 2 and 3 years ago, but not off to a good start this year and had a bad year last year. Hit a couple big dogs on golf last year, but not much success so far this year. So to answer your question I guess:

Conference - Big 12, and Colonial in Hoops

Sports- college football and basketball, nascar, and golf
                    Last edited by kbsooner21; 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

do they have bathing suits for the cars ??

He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

I know college hoops pretty well!

Comment

A few guys that are overlooked and can get the money flowing are in the Horse Racing forum. You have BillMill - griswold - chunger - meakein,etc. that are very good handicappers of real racing around a track. They should get more looks than they get.
                          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                            I follow the Big 12 more than anything else and definitely OU. I seem to read Okie State really well I tend to believe and have been on the right side on a lot of their games lately. Did well in Nascar 2 and 3 years ago, but not off to a good start this year and had a bad year last year. Hit a couple big dogs on golf last year, but not much success so far this year. So to answer your question I guess:

Conference - Big 12, and Colonial in Hoops

Sports- college football and basketball, nascar, and golf
                            Thank you very much KB. I got sports and specifics from you, thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnbreakers View Post
                              I know college hoops pretty well!
                              Thanks TN! Your POD record speaks for itself, you are a force in college hoops

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                              A few guys that are overlooked and can get the money flowing are in the Horse Racing forum. You have BillMill - griswold - chunger - meakein,etc. that are very good handicappers of real racing around a track. They should get more looks than they get.
                              Thanks 8, I know you know a thing or two about the horses as well. I also know BMill is good, didn't know the other guys, now I do, and when looking to make a horse play, I'll look for insight. Thanks again 8!

Comment

NCAA Football and NASCAR for me KID!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X