My boy smoltzy a red sox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    How many times are we going to say that this offseason?
    Between Smoltz and Brady,I would guess over 1,000

Comment

Overall I think he will be a great addition if he is not overworked and used properly.
      He can start, relieve and will be an invaluable asset to the younger pitchers still learning the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        How many times are we going to say that this offseason?
        I think the Sox can handle the $5 million loss if he doesn't pitch. Dude is an absolute gamer and great teammate/leader. IF, and I realize it is a mighty big IF, he is healthy, there is almost nobody I'd rather have on the mound is a big spot. Easily worth the $5 million gamble, and if he earns the other $5 mil in incentives, he will be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
          Between Smoltz and Brady,I would guess over 1,000
          No, Brady will be 100% healthy, so no "if healthy" with him. How do I know this......................Dr. Wayne already said so

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
            Overall I think he will be a great addition if he is not overworked and used properly.
            He can start, relieve and will be an invaluable asset to the younger pitchers still learning the trade.
            I really think the additions of Penny, Smoltz and Baldelli are very low risk gambles for Theo. The move of Co co as well, very strong. If they produce he will look like a genius. The roles these individuals will play really only have upside and differ greatly from the big money back page move of the Yanks. These provide those "cog" type players that could end up producing significantly that the division rival haven't adressed.

I think very strong moves by the Red Sox
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
              I think the Sox can handle the $5 million loss if he doesn't pitch. Dude is an absolute gamer and great teammate/leader. IF, and I realize it is a mighty big IF, he is healthy, there is almost nobody I'd rather have on the mound is a big spot. Easily worth the $5 million gamble, and if he earns the other $5 mil in incentives, he will be well worth it.
              If they can gamble $7 million a year on Lugo (or whatever they paid him-not sure of exact amount), they can surely take a shot with a proven winner like Smoltz for a season for 5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
                I really think the additions of Penny, Smoltz and Baldelli are very low risk gambles for Theo. The move of Co co as well, very strong. If they produce he will look like a genius. The roles these individuals will play really only have upside and differ greatly from the big money back page move of the Yanks. These provide those "cog" type players that could end up producing significantly that the division rival haven't adressed.

I think very strong moves by the Red Sox
                I agree.
                This situation reminds me of the manner in which my wife and I redid a portion of our kitchen.
                We got estimates from Sears and a few other big name companies which were in the 5-10K range.
                My wife has a degree in architecture and by trade is an interior decorator.
                Well, to make a long story short, by going to a few lesser known stores, where the materials were as good as the aforementioned names but a lot cheaper and hiring an independent contrator who does great work but at a much lower hourly rate, we got the whole job done for a few thousand.
                I think the same principle applies to the way in which Theo is going about his business as opposed to CASHman, who believes the higher the salaries paid and the bigger name players you get, the better are your chances of winning the WS.

Comment

Working...
                X