Vols, Richt.......Stafford and Moreno G-O-N-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vols, Richt.......Stafford and Moreno G-O-N-E

ESPN's Mark Schlabach reports Georgia junior QB Matt Stafford and redshirt sophomore RB Knowshon Moreno are expected to announce Wednesday that they will enter April's NFL draft.

Stafford set a Georgia single-season record with 25 touchdown passes to go with 3,459 yards this season. He has lacked consistency, but his prototypical size and arm strength make him a candidate to go No. 1 overall to the Lions. Moreno, who ran for 1,338 yards and 16 touchdowns, is expected to be one of the top two running backs off the board.

Not that any of this is a surprise or a secret. Heard Stafford's dad made a 16 hour drive (why in the hell is he driving, dude's a neighbor of Troy Aikman) to Athens. I doubt he is doing this for Matty to say he is coming back another year.

I know all of you think this is a comment out of denial, but I don't think Georgia will see much drop off b/c their offensive and defensive lines are going to be so much better next year. I would rather have great offensive/defensive lines and average talent than great talent and average lines. Games are won and lost in the trenches, and we should be stout. Actually, Georgia hasn't had a non top 10 recruting class since Richt has been there, so it isn't like we still won't have great talent, just some inexperience at the skill positions.

The good news is that at least we play Oklahoma State the first game of the season, so Cox and the boys should get some confidence playing one of those Big 12 defenses that we know suck, right KB?
    Last edited by harold_bush; 01-07-2009, 10:00 AM.

I think the Lions would be better off looking for some defensive help before they draft a QB #1. I;m sure they could pick up a decent QB with a later pick. I didnt think Orlovsky did that bad when he was in there. He's no Johnny Unitas but .........JMO
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Cox and Caleb King are the top dawgs now.Take the under in wins this year as 6 wins will be tough IMO.Hell look on the bright side,maybe they will make the Chik-fil-a bowl so you guys can see them in Atlanta.

Comment

As for Stafford I think he needed another year in college but if he waits till next years draft he will have to compete with Mccoy,Bradford,Tebow and Sanchez.This is his best shot at #1 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
          Cox and Caleb King are the top dawgs now.Take the under in wins this year as 6 wins will be tough IMO.Hell look on the bright side,maybe they will make the Chik-fil-a bowl so you guys can see them in Atlanta.
          Alright Vols, its on. $100 bucks that UGA wins at least 7 Games. This is easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
            ESPN's Mark Schlabach reports Georgia junior QB Matt Stafford and redshirt sophomore RB Knowshon Moreno are expected to announce Wednesday that they will enter April's NFL draft.

Stafford set a Georgia single-season record with 25 touchdown passes to go with 3,459 yards this season. He has lacked consistency, but his prototypical size and arm strength make him a candidate to go No. 1 overall to the Lions. Moreno, who ran for 1,338 yards and 16 touchdowns, is expected to be one of the top two running backs off the board.

Not that any of this is a surprise or a secret. Heard Stafford's dad made a 16 hour drive (why in the hell is he driving, dude's a neighbor of Troy Aikman) to Athens. I doubt he is doing this for Matty to say he is coming back another year.

I know all of you think this is a comment out of denial, but I don't think Georgia will see much drop off b/c their offensive and defensive lines are going to be so much better next year. I would rather have great offensive/defensive lines and average talent than great talent and average lines. Games are won and lost in the trenches, and we should be stout. Actually, Georgia hasn't had a non top 10 recruting class since Richt has been there, so it isn't like we still won't have great talent, just some inexperience at the skill positions.

The good news is that at least we play Oklahoma State the first game of the season, so Cox and the boys should get some confidence playing one of those Big 12 defenses that we know suck, right KB?
            Georgia will fly under the radar next year and have a GREAT year. No pressure which traditionally means UGA will do well. Im excited. Joe Cox will surprise many around the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
              Georgia will fly under the radar next year and have a GREAT year. No pressure which traditionally means UGA will do well. Im excited. Joe Cox will surprise many around the country.
              I like your optimism

Comment

I still think Samuels will be the lead back in a committee with Caleb. Samuels looks like the better runner to me

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                  Alright Vols, its on. $100 bucks that UGA wins at least 7 Games. This is easy money.
                  6 or less I win
                  7 is a push
                  8 or more you win.

Game on for $100?

Comment

As for Stafford I think he needed another year in college but if he waits till next years draft he will have to compete with Mccoy,Bradford,Tebow and Sanchez.This is his best shot at #1 IMO.
                    I agree with you, he is pretty inconsistent, but he'd be a fool not leave.

As far as the competition, he might have to compete with Bradford this year, as many think he is coming out. Tebow also wouldn't be any competition for Stafford's draft status. Teebow is the way better college QB, but no way Tebow is in the same conversation as Stafford as a pro QB.

Comment

Boy, what a rude awakening awaits georgia's new QB at Lewis Field.

I pity the fool!
                      updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                      NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill View Post
                        Boy, what a rude awakening awaits georgia's new QB at Lewis Field.

I pity the fool!
                        Yeah, that 75th ranked (prior to the Oregon thrashing) defense should be intimidating.

Just messing with you, no doubt that is a hell of a way to start the season next year. Georgia obviously didn't realize State was going to be as good as they were when we scheduled that as our first game.........especially with a new QB under center for us. Fortunately Cox has been in the program forever, so the learning curve won't be too steep.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                          Yeah, that 75th ranked (prior to the Oregon thrashing) defense should be intimidating.

Just messing with you, no doubt that is a hell of a way to start the season next year. Georgia obviously didn't realize State was going to be as good as they were when we scheduled that as our first game.........especially with a new QB under center for us. Fortunately Cox has been in the program forever, so the learning curve won't be too steep.

I'll be there and hope to see you there too
                          should be a blast and one hell of a game
                          updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                          NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

6 or less I win
                            7 is a push
                            8 or more you win.

Game on for $100?
                            bad bet in my opinion. can i get in also? I'll take Georgia to win at least 7. 6 wins or less, you win, 7 is a push, 8 or more I win. I'll bet if you want more action !!!
                            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                              bad bet in my opinion. can i get in also? I'll take Georgia to win at least 7. 6 wins or less, you win, 7 is a push, 8 or more I win. I'll bet if you want more action !!!
                              Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting in on this either.

Comment

Working...
                              X