It's confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
    Once again. A NFL player should have a basic understanding of the rules. I don't expect them to know each and every rule. I'll bet 99.9% of NFL fans know the rule.
    Frank - I would not disagree with you, that yes they should know the basics like there is only 1 OT. Agree 100%. I guess I don't understand how if the OT is going on that long NO ONE, coach or player says something like, "we have 5 minutes to score or this game ends in a tie". I didn't read about the end of the game, but if I'm the offensive coordinator i would have said something to the offense the last time they got the ball, that we need to get in FG range. If the coaches are stressing the urgency to get a score, then you gotta wonder what they are getting paid to do.

Comment

I have a hard time believing this...I have known this rule since I was 8 years old when Denver and Pittsburgh palyed to a 35-35 tie....yes I looked up the year this was played...but I really do remember the tie. I would think that McNabb growing up would of watched a few games of NFL play. When did the college rule change--was McNabb there when college games still played to a tie without multiple OT's. I know McNabb has played in OT games before and its hard to believe that no mention of this was ever said...just my two cents.....

Comment

donovan mcnabb fucking sucks, i've been saying it for years.

but people keep sticking up for this guy. he is garbage, and has ZERO chance of ever winning anything.

mcnabb = sucks

andy reid isn't far behind either.

Comment

btw, i heard the eagles are still running their 2 minute offense from the super bowl. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by molta02 View Post
            btw, i heard the eagles are still running their 2 minute offense from the super bowl. LOL
            Did you see him huffin' and puffin during the 2 minute drill against the Giants last week? All I could think of was TO and his comments post Super Bowl about how McNabb was winded and needed time....
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
              You guys crack me up.......Ill bet most of you guy racking on McNabb know everything ha? Not a big deal the guy didnt know there was overtime, thats why he has coaches.

Should he know? Yes, but it doesnt make him an idiot because he doesnt. Reid and Morninweg are the bigger douches for bad preparation and play calling....they are paid to think, McNabb is paid to execute.

PEACE
              You may or may not have a good point here. The real question is how dumb do you have to be to understand that playoffs and the Super Bowl CANNOT end in a tie???
              You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I cannot believe Mcnabb is that stupid. I guess he is but i still can't believe it ...............

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
                  You guys crack me up.......Ill bet most of you guy racking on McNabb know everything ha? Not a big deal the guy didnt know there was overtime, thats why he has coaches.

Should he know? Yes, but it doesnt make him an idiot because he doesnt. Reid and Morninweg are the bigger douches for bad preparation and play calling....they are paid to think, McNabb is paid to execute.

PEACE
                  Duh! The Coaches know the rules and the
                  Coaches call the Plays!
                  Agree totally Pimp!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                  When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                  Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Guys this is all false...of course they know the rule...I dont believe this seriously for one second...
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
                      Guys this is all false...of course they know the rule...I dont believe this seriously for one second...
                      Link to the Philadelphia Daily News...

Rich Hofmann: NFL overtime rules? Don't ask McNabb | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/17/2008

Do you think the journalist made up the quotes?

Comment

Originally posted by ICD55 View Post
                        Link to the Philadelphia Daily News...

Rich Hofmann: NFL overtime rules? Don't ask McNabb | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/17/2008

Do you think the journalist made up the quotes?
                        I seen highlights of the post game interviews with McNabb and Reid and they must be just fucking around. How can a PROFESSIONAL football player/coach not know the rules that 10 year old kids do? I dont believe it one bit...

Comment

Yep, they make stuff up. Must be getting cold up there eh? Stay away from the poles
                          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
                            Yep, they make stuff up. Must be getting cold up there eh? Stay away from the poles

No but seriously how long has Donavan being playing football let alone professionally? Like 5-10 years? And he doesnt know the rules of overtime that every NFL fan would and we dont even play the game? Thats like an electrician not knowing how to turn on a fucking light switch. If this is actually true its the most ridiculous thing I have heard in quite possibly my whole life...why would he bomb it down the field on that last play if he thought there was going to be a 2nd OT then???? I cant believe it...

Comment

No but seriously how long has Donavan being playing football let alone professionally? Like 5-10 years? And he doesnt know the rules of overtime that every NFL fan would and we dont even play the game? Thats like an electrician not knowing how to turn on a fucking light switch. If this is actually true its the most ridiculous thing I have heard in quite possibly my whole life...why would he bomb it down the field on that last play if he thought there was going to be a 2nd OT then???? I cant believe it...
                              Chad, From what i heard, he was told to hail mary it and that was when he got confused and questioned the call, thinking there was another overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                                Chad, From what i heard, he was told to hail mary it and that was when he got confused and questioned the call.

Comment

Working...
                                X