No announcement yet.

How are the bets handled for this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ii know this,i did not bet the side,but if i had philly for the series,and bet tampa last night,if they told me i lose my tampa bet,they would give me credit for winning my series bet on philly,or i would fly down there with some C2 strapped on me like a terrorist and blow up the whole offshore wagering building !!
    Last edited by WayneChung; 10-28-2008, 09:49 AM.
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
      ii know this,i did not bet the side,but if i had phiily for the series,and bet tampa last night,if they told me i lose my tampa bet,they would give me credit for winning my series bet on philly,or i would fly down there with some C2 strapped on me like a terrorist and blow up the whole offshore wagering building !!
      lol...very true never thought about the series wager
      2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
      2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
      2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

ii know this,i did not bet the side,but if i had philly for the series,and bet tampa last night,if they told me i lose my tampa bet,they would give me credit for winning my series bet on philly,or i would fly down there with some C2 strapped on me like a terrorist and blow up the whole offshore wagering building !!
        I never thought of it from this angle...your right if that was the case in a situation like that would be total bullshit...I agree...
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
          Its a suspended game Savage.....all bets will be cancelled and if you have a local im sure he will let you decide if you still want the wager or not being that all bets are still in the air....as far as offshores I dont think anyone will get paid or credited with a loss.

PEACE
          ronnie,just called my local,like you said,he is giving guys the option to keep or cancel their bet,he said what i just said,if you count philly a win,you would have to give guys the credit for their series bets on philly !!

Comment

anybody with a series bet on philly that got tampa counted a loser last night,please let me know if you got credit for your series wager on philly,if not would love to hear the excuse the offshore gave you ??

Comment

What I still don't understand about this is issue is this-perhaps someone can help(and this has nothing to do directly with gambling):
              Does anyone know for SURE(not a guess) as to whether different rules apply to the World Series as opposed to the regular season?
              I ask this because as we all know TB scored a run in the top of the 6th to tie the game;the game was rightfully then suspended after it was determined that game could not be continued.
              However, it appears from what I have gathered that if TB had not scored in the top of the 6th to tie it, that game still would have been suspended at that point if it couldn't have been resumed that night and played until completion.
              Under regular season rules, if game could not have continued THAT night, the score would have reverted back to the score at the end of the 5th inning since Philly had not batted yet in the 6th inning.
              The final score would have been 2-1 Philadelphia, meaning Philly won the game and thus the WS.
              What am I missing here?

Comment

anybody with a series bet on philly that got tampa counted a loser last night,please let me know if you got credit for your series wager on philly,if not would love to hear the excuse the offshore gave you ??
                need an answer to this question,have got to know what the offshores told you on your series bet on philly,if they counted your tampa bet a loser last night ??

Comment

POST OF THE YEAR STATUS HERE CHUNG FOR SURE TOP 10
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Interestingly, even though all bets as graded for yesterday's game stand as is(I just verified this with my offshore bacause of the confusing word attached to what I am about to post), you can actually bet on the outcome of the suspended game if you so wish to:

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL - Oct 28
                    MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH WORLD SERIES - GAME 5 [PHI 3/ TB 1]
                    FOR THE SUSPENDED GAME ALL BETS ARE ACTION REGARDLESS OF WHEN PLAYED OR WHEN CONCLUDED
                    ( ALL BETS WILL CARRY OVER AND HAVE ACTION) SCORE IS TB 2 PHI 2 BOT 6TH
                    5:00 PM 965 TAM GM5, Pitcher: ACTION +149
                    966 PHI GM5, Pitcher: ACTION -159

Comment

At betjam i had these 2 wagers

phily -1.5 +118
                      under 7

both were cancelled
                      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                        What I still don't understand about this is issue is this-perhaps someone can help(and this has nothing to do directly with gambling):
                        Does anyone know for SURE(not a guess) as to whether different rules apply to the World Series as opposed to the regular season?
                        I ask this because as we all know TB scored a run in the top of the 6th to tie the game;the game was rightfully then suspended after it was determined that game could not be continued.
                        However, it appears from what I have gathered that if TB had not scored in the top of the 6th to tie it, that game still would have been suspended at that point if it couldn't have been resumed that night and played until completion.
                        Under regular season rules, if game could not have continued THAT night, the score would have reverted back to the score at the end of the 5th inning since Philly had not batted yet in the 6th inning.
                        The final score would have been 2-1 Philadelphia, meaning Philly won the game and thus the WS.
                        What am I missing here?

Here is the answer to the question I posed:

Had the Phillies been leading after 5 1/2 innings, Selig said, the game would have moved into an indefinite rain delay lasting "a day or two or three, or whatever." An old Major League rule would have reverted play back to the top of the inning, which had Philadelphia leading 2-1, but that rule was amended after the 2006 season.

Apparently, by using the terminology "indefinite rain delay," it is no longer considered a suspended games and hence it would be resumed at any time in the future.
                        My own feeling is that since in the regular season you would NEVER see a game considered a rain delay for days, weeks, or even months under the same conditions, but that instead it would be considered a completed game, the same thinking should have applied last night had Philly been leading 2-1 after 5 1/2 innings, meaning Philly won the game and thus the WS.
                        Rules are rules, and I think it quite arbitrary on the part of Selig to change the rules simply because the deciding game of the WS would have been decided under the rules in effect.
                        Last edited by savage1; 10-28-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Just checked with my local, he is treating as though the game is still going and bets are all alive. He also said some of his guys who want to get the credit for the Phillie win will not get credit for that amount their Tampa series play comes in. I agreed with his reasoning and we are gonna "let it ride"!

I had Phillies for big last night (not as big as my Tampa series play) and I had the under 7- and under 24 RHE for the game. I look good on those under plays but could get fucked pretty good if Tampa wins the game.

Bud Selig is an ass for not letting the teams and the media what would happen in this scenario. How can you be that dumb. I heard the managers may have known, but if they didnt, they would be coaching without knowledge of it??????? Anyone know if the managers knew it would go nine innings regardless?? If they let the managers or owners know than why not the fucking media and fans
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                            Just checked with my local, he is treating as though the game is still going and bets are all alive. He also said some of his guys who want to get the credit for the Phillie win will not get credit for that amount their Tampa series play comes in. I agreed with his reasoning and we are gonna "let it ride"!

I had Phillies for big last night (not as big as my Tampa series play) and I had the under 7- and under 24 RHE for the game. I look good on those under plays but could get fucked pretty good if Tampa wins the game.

Bud Selig is an ass for not letting the teams and the media what would happen in this scenario. How can you be that dumb. I heard the managers may have known, but if they didnt, they would be coaching without knowledge of it??????? Anyone know if the managers knew it would go nine innings regardless?? If they let the managers or owners know than why not the fucking media and fans

The only sure thing based on what happened last night is that the Offshores want a clean slate at the end of the night and a winner and loser determined, whereas Locals feel that the game will continue to its completion before determining the winner and loser.
                            I sort of agree with the Locals way of thinking(even though
                            I got credit for the Phillies win with my Offshore).
                            Does anyone know why the Offshores won't allow the game to be completed? There must be more than initially meets the eye here.

Comment

nobody yet has answered my ?what do the offshores tell you if you were scotching your series bet on philly and took tampa last night,if they count your tampa a loser,are you getting credit for a series winner on philly ??

Comment

WC

I had small plays on the Rays and a small series bet on the Phillies.

My Rays bet was a loser and the series bet is still pending.

I think it's the right, but weird, call. Their rules clearly state that a game that is called or suspended goes official after five innings and the score reverts to the last completed inning.

The fact that MLB doesn't consider the game over doesn't mean they don't have to follow their own rules.

It kind of sucks unless you played the Phils.

The two locals I know are both trying to figure out what to do. One intends to say all bets from last night are off. The other is paying off on the Phils and refunding the totals. He says that's what they're doing in Vegas and what happens in Vegas, as far as betting goes, does NOT stay in Vegas

Comment

Working...
                                X