X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noway we allow detroit to get number 1 pick
    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

The funny thing is, they need to draft another receiver now that Roy is gone, or Calvin will get doubled all year. Yesterday was a fluke that he caught to long passes. The need a QB.

Comment

In today's NFL I would say they can win 3 of those final 10 games.....there will be spots that favor them inevitably. As far as the team goes they have been horrid for the last 10 years but before that they were a solid team in the 90s making the playoffs I believe 5 times but they only won 1 playoff game (in the last 50 years also).....Good think about the NFL though as that a team can get turned around within a year if given the proper leadership.

The Ford's are not cheap owners...their problem is they dont like turnover and when something needs to be changed they stick with it about 5 years too long. Lions are always dishing out for players but the problem they are always the wrong players. Fix the leadership (scouting, coaching) and things will turn around in a hurry.

Illitch owns the Tigers and the Red Wings and he was accused for years of not caring about the Tigers when in reality that wasnt the case....he just never had the right leadership in charge like he does now with Dombrowski. In hockey he had Devellano the whole time and he looks like a genius.

Pistons have Dumars in charge and as long as he hold the position you know the Pistons will always be in the mix.....a name I hear alot on the radio around here is Pioli from the Patriots in terms of a GM and I think he would work out fine.....its about leadership here, not ownership.

PEACE

Comment

they will find a way trust me no one goes 0-16

they could easily beat washington, minny,chicago, new orleans
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Good to see the Bears have back to back bye weeks this year ....

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post
              its about leadership here, not ownership.

PEACE
              I agree with your post to a point Ronny but i can't agree with this. Who is in charge of putting that Leadership in place? The owners. If the right leaders are never in place, they will never win ... hence the Lions. I blame Ford, for his lack of leadership in doing his job ... 1 Playoff Win in 50 years? Do you realize how seriously pathetic that is Ronny? Ford is an idiot and he needs to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                Good to see the Bears have back to back bye weeks this year ....

Comment

The way the Skins play everyone, don't be surprised to see a close one there. Largest margin of victory they've been involved in was 9 and that was against the Giants week 1. I'm really hoping this doesn't happen though. I can't take a cardiac game each week!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post

Hope that does not come back and bite me

Comment

Tiger fans said the same about them while he also owned the Red Wings....the owner wants to win but he keeps hiring the wrong guys. If they ever get the right guy hired they will win plain and simple. Some owners are at fault because they dont like to spend and some just hire stupid people. The Ford's are guilty of hiring stupid people.....hopefully the next hire is a decent one or the team will be set back another 5-10 years

PEACE

Comment

I think the Lions may have a good shot at winning this week believe it or not

Comment

Jets quarterback Brett Favre did not speak with the local media yesterday, but he sent a text message to Sports Illustrated's Peter King in response to a Foxsports.com report Sunday that he gave the Lions advice on how to beat the Packers, his former team.

The text, sent to King before the Sunday night game, read: "total bs. .. not true and pretty ridiculous. I'm telling you it's not true. What the hell is their problem?"

Although Favre's reputation in Wisconsin and around the league could take a hit if the accusation proves true, he and the Lions coaches who reportedly received his tips on beating Green Bay would not have broken any NFL rules.

"We do not have a comment," league spokesman Greg Aiello said in an e-mail to the Associated Press yesterday morning. "Even if it were true, there would be no violation of league rules."

Favre wasn't asked about the report after the Jets' loss to the Raiders on Sunday. Lions coach Rod Marinelli, whose team lost, 48-25, to the Packers on Sept. 14, said he had no comment on the situation.

After calling the situation "disappointing" and declining further comment Sunday night, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said yesterday that the team wasn't seeking any recourse against Favre.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comment

Coming from a 'skins fan - it will probably be Washington they beat. The redskins have a knack of playing to their opponents level (good or bad).

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Normally, i would say NO WAY ... But looking at their schedule, who the hell are they going to beat?

8 Sun, Oct 26 Washington 1:00 PM
                              9 Sun, Nov 2 at Chicago 1:00 PM
                              10 Sun, Nov 9 Jacksonville 1:00 PM
                              11 Sun, Nov 16 at Carolina 1:00 PM
                              12 Sun, Nov 23 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
                              13 Thu, Nov 27 Tennessee 12:30 PM

14 Sun, Dec 7 Minnesota 1:00 PM
                              15 Sun, Dec 14 at Indianapolis 1:00 PM
                              16 Sun, Dec 21 New Orleans 1:00 PM
                              17 Sun, Dec 28 at Green Bay 1:00 PM

Minnesota ... maybe? They played them close once??
                              You guys still think Detroit is going to win a game?

Comment

No way, AD will run for 300 in that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X