No announcement yet.

Will Tampa Finally Sell Out A Series??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traffic here sucks...thats all i have to say....but i am going to the game tomorrow...got me a $9 ticket

Comment

Originally posted by JBC13
      traffic here sucks...thats all i have to say....

lmao ... have you been to Boston or NY?

Comment

To go to Wrigley field you must either:

A) Pay $40 to park in a private lot or somebody's yard, walk four blocks, and then take 90 minutes to escape the gridlock after the game or

B) Go downtown, pay $25 to park your car, and take the L.

Every game sells out.

When people WANT to do something, issues like location, traffic, price of gas, don't come in to play.

Let's just admit it: Tampa area people are lousy baseball fans. Why is that so hard to admit??

What is, is.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
          To go to Wrigley field you must either:

A) Pay $40 to park in a private lot or somebody's yard, walk four blocks, and then take 90 minutes to escape the gridlock after the game or

B) Go downtown, pay $25 to park your car, and take the L.

Every game sells out.

When people WANT to do something, issues like location, traffic, price of gas, don't come in to play.

Let's just admit it: Tampa area people are lousy baseball fans. Why is that so hard to admit??

What is, is.
          Im not some die hard fan or anything....but they have sucked forever, why should fans all of a sudden start selling out every game? and yes i know about the traffic in all the other big cities....it took me anm hour and a half to get to the field in stop and go traffic...this is tampa fl there is a TON of other things peopple would rather do than drive all the way the fuck over to st. pete to watch a game inside a shitty dome....if this team was actually in tampa near raymond james or something they would have many more fans...look at the bucs and lightning...there games are always packed

Comment

building the stadium in st. pete was definitely a mistake

Comment

I heard a crazy stat that says the Rays are 19-1 at home when the crowd is over 30,000 people. Amazing.

By the way, in regards to where the stadium is located, shouldn't matter. The NYY play in the Bronx, nothing around there to do. 1 Hour and a 1/2 plus to go 30 miles back to LI for me
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
                I heard a crazy stat that says the Rays are 19-1 at home when the crowd is over 30,000 people. Amazing.

By the way, in regards to where the stadium is located, shouldn't matter. The NYY play in the Bronx, nothing around there to do. 1 Hour and a 1/2 plus to go 30 miles back to LI for me
                imo you can not compare the yankees or any other team with rich tradition to the rays....of course people are going to drive to go see those stadiums and that team...i took a trip to nyc this summer just to see yankee stadium, the rays are not anywhere close to that level...they are a fairly new franchise that has always sucked

Comment

Originally posted by JBC13
                  imo you can not compare the yankees or any other team with rich tradition to the rays....of course people are going to drive to go see those stadiums and that team...i took a trip to nyc this summer just to see yankee stadium, the rays are not anywhere close to that level...they are a fairly new franchise that has always sucked

Jeff that is just silly. What does anything the Yankees did in the 60's or 90's have to do with today? Nothing. It doesn't matter how long you have sucked either. If anything, that would be a great reason for everyone to come now. Waiting 10 years for a winner, you would think that now it's here, they would be running to the park. History also means NOTHING. Look around at any team that is having a great year in any city and the attendance explodes ... except in Tampa Bay. When teams win, fans show up, in any sport. When they lose, they don't. Let's face it, the Rays have no support and you guys can argue that all you want but the proof is in the numbers.

Comment

FINALLY!

Rays sell out first two home games of ALDS

Apparently playoff baseball finally has Tampa Bay Rays fans excited about their first-place team.

The Rays, who rank 12th among the 14 American League teams in home attendance with a 22,370-per game average, announced Tuesday that they have sold out the first two home games of the AL Division Series.

The Rays, with a magic number of 2 to clinch the AL East, would open the playoffs with two home games next week against the AL Central winner -- either the White Sox or Twins -- if Tampa Bay holds on to win the division. If the Red Sox pass the Rays in the AL East standings, Tampa Bay would open the playoffs on the road against the Los Angeles Angels and wouldn't return home until Game 3.

Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg wasn't surprised that the team's fans quickly gobbled up playoff tickets.

"This was very much an expectation," Sternberg said, according to MLB.com. "It's postseason baseball. I can't even think about running this business if it wouldn't have happened."

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                      FINALLY!

Rays sell out first two home games of ALDS

Apparently playoff baseball finally has Tampa Bay Rays fans excited about their first-place team.

The Rays, who rank 12th among the 14 American League teams in home attendance with a 22,370-per game average, announced Tuesday that they have sold out the first two home games of the AL Division Series.

The Rays, with a magic number of 2 to clinch the AL East, would open the playoffs with two home games next week against the AL Central winner -- either the White Sox or Twins -- if Tampa Bay holds on to win the division. If the Red Sox pass the Rays in the AL East standings, Tampa Bay would open the playoffs on the road against the Los Angeles Angels and wouldn't return home until Game 3.

Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg wasn't surprised that the team's fans quickly gobbled up playoff tickets.

"This was very much an expectation," Sternberg said, according to MLB.com. "It's postseason baseball. I can't even think about running this business if it wouldn't have happened."

It's about time. They better figure out what regular season games are too because if they keep avoiding the gate for those 81 games, they won't be very good for long ........

Comment

Parking is free at Rays games
                        Good Luck to everyone
                        Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                        Clark: What's steroids?
                        Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                        Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          It's about time. They better figure out what regular season games are too because if they keep avoiding the gate for those 81 games, they won't be very good for long ........
                          They have so much young talent that if they can get them signed to long term deals they should be very good for many years. However, I doubt they have the money to keep most of their young stars.

Comment

Working...
                          X