No announcement yet.

Will Tampa Finally Sell Out A Series??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Tampa Finally Sell Out A Series??

Biggest series of the year in Mlb perhaps but in front of the team that draws some of the smallest crowds.

Can Tampa finally sell out......

and if they do will the crowd be more or less than half Red Sox fans?

Rays are 53-21 at home and are the most exciting story of the year. Will the people of the Bay area FINALLY come out to support them?

Cripes, there were 23,000 fans last night in Milwaukee on 24-hours notice to root for the Cubs in a neutral field game.

Unless it is Geritol or Free Depends Night, I dont see it happening
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

FREE ENEMA BAG NIGHT-lol !!
      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

sellout tonight
        2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
        2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
        2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol
          Unless it is Geritol or Free Depends Night, I dont see it happening
          I would definately go on those nights.

signed
          Spark

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
            Biggest series of the year in Mlb perhaps but in front of the team that draws some of the smallest crowds.

Can Tampa finally sell out......

and if they do will the crowd be more or less than half Red Sox fans?

Rays are 53-21 at home and are the most exciting story of the year. Will the people of the Bay area FINALLY come out to support them?

Cripes, there were 23,000 fans last night in Milwaukee on 24-hours notice to root for the Cubs in a neutral field game.
            Here is the deal with the Rays.

1. The stadium is located in an area where no one lives.

2. No one is willing to drive from Tampa (1 hour or longer) with gas prices the way they are.

3. You get home from work 4:00, 4:30, 5:00. Shower, get the kids, ready and so on. By time you get to the ballpark the game has already started.

4. On top of the gas you spent, you still have to buy tickets, pay for parking, and you are kicking out $ for food and drinks. Not too mention the kids have school the next day so you have to leave the game by 9:00, and you are still getting home late.

Why do all that when the games on T.V?

What does the team do for me if they win? NOTHING!!!! They get the money. They get the Trophy. They have the parade which is downtown on a Thursday at 11:00 AM so all the corporate people can have a 2, 3 hour lunch instead of the hour and a half lunch that they get. Hell, take the rest of the day off, we won. While the hard working people who struggle just to go to the games are left out, or have to give up a days pay to just say YEA!!!! WE WON! If they cared that parade would be on a Saturday where EVERYONE can take part; wouldn't you think?

That's what sports has become to me, and on top of that. I hate American league Baseball. I've been to the Trop 4 times, 3 of them were because I got free tickets, and the other was this season to see the Cubs play. And getting home at 12:00 AM and trying to go right to sleep is not easy when I have to be up at 5:30 AM to be at work by 7:00.

Again why do something for them when they do nothing for me?

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown
              Here is the deal with the Rays.

1. The stadium is located in an area where no one lives.

2. No one is willing to drive from Tampa (1 hour or longer) with gas prices the way they are.

3. You get home from work 4:00, 4:30, 5:00. Shower, get the kids, ready and so on. By time you get to the ballpark the game has already started.

4. On top of the gas you spent, you still have to buy tickets, pay for parking, and you are kicking out $ for food and drinks. Not too mention the kids have school the next day so you have to leave the game by 9:00, and you are still getting home late.

Why do all that when the games on T.V?

What does the team do for me if they win? NOTHING!!!! They get the money. They get the Trophy. They have the parade which is downtown on a Thursday at 11:00 AM so all the corporate people can have a 2, 3 hour lunch instead of the hour and a half lunch that they get. Hell, take the rest of the day off, we won. While the hard working people who struggle just to go to the games are left out, or have to give up a days pay to just say YEA!!!! WE WON! If they cared that parade would be on a Saturday where EVERYONE can take part; wouldn't you think?

That's what sports has become to me, and on top of that. I hate American league Baseball. I've been to the Trop 4 times, 3 of them were because I got free tickets, and the other was this season to see the Cubs play. And getting home at 12:00 AM and trying to go right to sleep is not easy when I have to be up at 5:30 AM to be at work by 7:00.

Again why do something for them when they do nothing for me?

Comment

Thats real good beardown. Couldnt agree with you more on that.

I heard that the Rays will be turning the lights off at 7:55 in order to give the crowd their nap time
                He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Pathetic really ....

Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, every game played in sports is on tv. People still support their teams and they go for the atmosphere of being at a big league ball game and a night out.

The whole 1 hour + drive thing is pretty sad too. If you live more than 5 blocks from Fenway it is an hour + drive too. So what? Parking is $40 and the ticket is $100+. So what?The price of gas is another copout. They are 1 of only a couple teams in all of baseball that offer free parking. In other words, take that money and put it in the gas tank. Hearing these reasons time after time is really pathetic. Let's face it, that is not a MLB area. They can support the 5 thousand seat exhibition games but that's about it. There are true fans of baseball that love to be there once in awhile and there are people who are casual fans ... like in Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    Pathetic really ....

Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, every game played in sports is on tv. People still support their teams and they go for the atmosphere of being at a big league ball game and a night out.

The whole 1 hour + drive thing is pretty sad too. If you live more than 5 blocks from Fenway it is an hour + drive too. So what? Parking is $40 and the ticket is $100+. So what?The price of gas is another copout. They are 1 of only a couple teams in all of baseball that offer free parking. In other words, take that money and put it in the gas tank. Hearing these reasons time after time is really pathetic. Let's face it, that is not a MLB area. They can support the 5 thousand seat exhibition games but that's about it. There are true fans of baseball that love to be there once in awhile and there are people who are casual fans ... like in Tampa.
                    im not getting into this with you again

Comment

Originally posted by bhs4life
                      im not getting into this with you again

It's hard to when it can't be defended. The proof is in the numbers. I've never in my lifetime seen a team leading a division in mid September get less fan support than these guys. Not even close. The fact they are beating 2 big city, big money teams to boot is even more amazing. You could place this team in the middle of Montana and they would be attracting people in droves. I don't care how far you drive, especially when you get free parking. Seriously pathetic and i feel really bad for the players and ownership because i've seen 2 pieces on ESPN about it and they acknowledge it too AND they deserve better.

Comment

It's hard to when it can't be defended. The proof is in the numbers. I've never in my lifetime seen a team leading a division in mid September get less fan support than these guys. Not even close. The fact they are beating 2 big city, big money teams to boot is even more amazing. You could place this team in the middle of Montana and they would be attracting people in droves. I don't care how far you drive, especially when you get free parking. Seriously pathetic and i feel really bad for the players and ownership because i've seen 2 pieces on ESPN about it and they acknowledge it too AND they deserve better.
                        other side of the bridge or orlando fixes this whole issue..

Comment

Originally posted by bhs4life
                          other side of the bridge or orlando fixes this whole issue..

Well Fenway could be in Maine too but it isn't. C'mon!!!

Comment

Well Fenway could be in Maine too but it isn't. C'mon!!!
                            i dont know..its too damn hot to play in a completely open-air stadium in the afternoon in florida, the dome is death though..the team will not be moved out of the tampa area though i am sure of that..

Comment

The Marlins and Rays should merge and the Orioles and Nats should do the same. They could build a new ballpark in between each and be guaranteed 20,000 or more at every game. It's a win, win, really!

Comment

Working...
                              X