No announcement yet.

who is your worst sports organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna thank everyone who's answered my question. the thing i'm really looking for is organazations like the lions who haven't been to a championship game in decades and have floundered for years now. royals, pirates in baseball, clippers in the nba. there are a lot of terrible teams out there no doubt, but is there a team thats gone as long as the lions without winning anything? (CUBS) even tho they were in the playoffs a few years back. brewers were in the series in the 80's. i guess ive seen so many teams in 47 years of watching sports that i can't remember all of them. the tigers in the 70's with ralph houk were the worst and from 89 to 06 were bad, but they were in the ws in 68, & 84, and made the playoffs in 72. i can remember the indians from 1960 til the 1990's when they finally got a good team. they couldn't win more than 40% of their games. once again thanks for your input. if anyone has other teams they can remember i still want too hear from you.
    Last edited by detroitdavid; 09-10-2008, 04:39 AM.
    The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits.

Einstien

Comment

Originally posted by detroitdavid
      i wanna thank everyone who's answered my question. the thing i'm really looking for is organazations like the lions who haven't been to a championship game in decades and have floundered for years now. royals, pirates in baseball, clippers in the nba. there are a lot of terrible teams out there no doubt, but is there a team thats gone as long as the lions without winning anything? (CUBS) even tho they were in the playoffs a few years back. brewers were in the series in the 80's. i guess ive seen so many teams in 47 years of watching sports that i can't remember all of them. the tigers in the 70's with ralph houk were the worst and from 89 to 06 were bad, but they were in the ws in 68, & 84, and made the playoffs in 72. i can remember the indians from 1960 til the 1990's when they finally got a good team. they couldn't win more than 40% of their games. once again thanks for your input. if anyone has other teams they can remember i still want too hear from you.
      I can't believe I am the only one that said the New York Knicks...this isn't even close! The question was ORGANIZATION, not team. Just from memory-

They haven't won in 35 yrs.
      They continually have one of the top 3 or 4 payrolls in the game and have not made the playoffs in many years.
      Their Owner is a joke.
      The hired a Coach (LB) for one year, paying him something like $10 million annually and he tanked the season because he hated the GM (Isiah).
      They then paid said coach $22 million to walk away.
      They promoted the GM to Coach/GM even after his resume as GM was a disgrace.
      The Coach/GM cost the organization $12 million in a sex harrassment suit that embarrased the organization in the papers.
      The star PG admits to having sex with an intern in a van outside a strip club. Oh, and he is married.
      The Coach/Gm admits to calling an associate 'bitch' but claims it is different for blacks to call a woman bitch than a white person.

Now they pay the ex-Coach/GM $5 million annually for a position that does not have a title, he is not allowed to talk to the players and cannot come to the practice facility or games...BUT HE IS STILL AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ORGANIZATION.

And this is just the last 5 years!!!

And you all want to say it is any other ORGANIZATION???
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Texas Rangers ORGANIZATION
        FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1
          Orioles are catching up ever since Angelos took over.

Lions though are first imo.

Throw in the current Knicks for sticking with Isaah.

Three Jack,

You may have missed this, I agree with you, the Knicks being mis-managed for years.
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
            I can't believe I am the only one that said the New York Knicks...this isn't even close! The question was ORGANIZATION, not team. Just from memory-

They haven't won in 35 yrs.
            They continually have one of the top 3 or 4 payrolls in the game and have not made the playoffs in many years.
            Their Owner is a joke.
            The hired a Coach (LB) for one year, paying him something like $10 million annually and he tanked the season because he hated the GM (Isiah).
            They then paid said coach $22 million to walk away.
            They promoted the GM to Coach/GM even after his resume as GM was a disgrace.
            The Coach/GM cost the organization $12 million in a sex harrassment suit that embarrased the organization in the papers.
            The star PG admits to having sex with an intern in a van outside a strip club. Oh, and he is married.
            The Coach/Gm admits to calling an associate 'bitch' but claims it is different for blacks to call a woman bitch than a white person.

Now they pay the ex-Coach/GM $5 million annually for a position that does not have a title, he is not allowed to talk to the players and cannot come to the practice facility or games...BUT HE IS STILL AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ORGANIZATION.

And this is just the last 5 years!!!

And you all want to say it is any other ORGANIZATION???
            true i did say organazation. the knicks do have issues. at least they've won a title in the last 30 some years. it may not have been the same guys running the team, but the lions have still been owned by the ford family longer than the knicks current ownership. not sure if you know this, but at one time the gm for the lions was russ thomas, who only had that position because he saved william clay fords life. how can i repay you (ford) i wanna be the gm of the lions (thomas) you got it (ford). then they had their accoutant as gm when thomas died. now matt millen. 51 years since their last championship or championship game. they had the best running back in the game and never gave him an offensive line. poor drafting. they've been inept longer than anyone. in the last decade i'll give you a vote for the knicks but hands down its the lions.
            Last edited by detroitdavid; 09-10-2008, 10:05 AM.

Einstien

Comment

true i did say organazation. the knicks do have issues. at least they've won a title in the last 30 some years. it may not have been the same guys running the team, but the lions have still been owned by the ford family longer than the knicks current ownership. not sure if you know this, but at one time the gm for the lions was russ thomas, who only had that position because he saved william clay fords life. how can i repay you (ford) i wanna be the gm of the lions (thomas) you got it (ford). then they had their accoutant as gm when thomas died. now matt millen. 51 years since their last championship or championship game. they had the best running back in the game and never gave him an offensive line. poor drafting. they've been inept longer than anyone. in the last decade i'll give you a vote for the knicks but hands down its the lions.
              Wow...I did not know...but the Lions have been an embarrasment on the field...few teams, if any, have been as much as an embarrasment on and off the field a sthe NYK....
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

New Orleans when they had the

Old SAINTS and the JAZZ...very disappointing performance, but they did bring in the fans...

Big let down for me at that time

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

by far my worst is the detroit lions. in the history of sports i rank them wiht the old washington senators, kansa city athletics (1950's & 60's they were the yankees minor league team), la clippers, and #5 the red wings during the 70's under ned harkness. who are yours?
                  i guess the lions will keep proving me right week after week. what a miserable showing at home vs the pack. is the pack back? or do the lions lack? outside of johnson who looks like the best wideout in the game, this team is pathetic. they finally stop the running game only too give up tons of air yardage. they get the lead only too give it right back. then kitna throws 2 picks for td's.

somebady at work asked me if the ford family moved the lions to another city would i still be a lions fan, i responded, why? i've never been one before.

Einstien

Comment

every team i bet on.

signed,

trimsknows
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                    X