No announcement yet.

Report: Manny, Bay, Hermida trade agreed to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was a Sox fan, I would actually be very happy with this deal. Bay is a great player IMO and someone I think they can resign after this season. As an added bonus, he actually seems like a real team guy.

Comment

I just checked out Jason Bay's stats and they are quite good(I tried posting them but they came out all scrambled).
      I have always like him and he has actually won and lost a few bets for me.
      I think he would be an excellent replacement for Manny at this juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
        Who the fuck is peter gammons what has he won and who made him the expert on injuries and performance.

Did manny tell him to beat one day when he wanted an interview? I can give 2 shits about manny ramirez but the proof is in the pudding. They never won before he got there thats for sure.

Once again im not a fan but he produced and the red sox didnt want to extend his contract. What did they expect.
        Once a player starts holding a team "hostage," he has to go IMO.

Comment

HOLD YOUR HORSES!

ESPN's Peter Gammons believes the three-team Manny Ramirez talks will stretch into Thursday and that a deal is still unlikely to be completed.
          It's been 40 minutes now and no one has joined Will Carroll in saying that the deal is done or even all that close to being done. Skepticism is still warranted.
          Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
            I just checked out Jason Bay's stats and they are quite good(I tried posting them but they came out all scrambled).
            I have always like him and he has actually won and lost a few bets for me.
            I think he would be an excellent replacement for Manny at this juncture.
            You should be very excited for this deal.

Bay .284 22 HR 62 RBI

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
              You should be very excited for this deal.

Bay .284 22 HR 62 RBI
              If it goes through, I will be happy-he is young(younger than Manny anyways), strong, productive and has a good attitude!
              Last edited by savage1; 07-30-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Any Sox fan or non Sox fan can spin this any way they want but you can't convince me that the Sox would be a better team this year with Jason Bay as their left fielder than Manny.

I think there needs to be another trade...I read in a Boston newspaper yesterday that Theo was checking on Tejada's availability. Now, are they as good a team with Tejada and Bay than with Lugo and Manny...perhaps.

Manny needs to go...but when everyone knows Theo needs to trade him, its hard to even get $.50 on the dollar much less fair value.
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                  Who the fuck is peter gammons what has he won and who made him the expert on injuries and performance.

Did manny tell him to beat one day when he wanted an interview? I can give 2 shits about manny ramirez but the proof is in the pudding. They never won before he got there thats for sure.

Once again im not a fan but he produced and the red sox didnt want to extend his contract. What did they expect.
                  The Red Sox didn't have a chance to extend his contract, Manny starts pulling pansy ass shit to fuck up the club house just because the Sox were waiting till the end of the season to excersize their option. Manny is a cancer now and the Sox don't have much of a choice!
                  Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack

Manny needs to go...but when everyone knows Theo needs to trade him, its hard to even get $.50 on the dollar much less fair value.
                    Exactly, so how can a Sox fan not be excited about this deal if it goes through?

Bay is obviously not Manny, but he's a great player nontheless.

Comment

Go Through!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
                        The Red Sox didn't have a chance to extend his contract, Manny starts pulling pansy ass shit to fuck up the club house just because the Sox were waiting till the end of the season to excersize their option. Manny is a cancer now and the Sox don't have much of a choice!
                        This is very similar to the Nomar Garciaparra situation in 2004.
                        The team is stumbling, and I have to think that the Manny situation is a distraction and contributing factor.
                        Out of all the people out there presently, I think Bay is at the very least one of the better choices at this time.

Comment

Yawn....

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                            Getting paid $20 million and staging a three day sitdown because you are pissed about your contract is a lame act!

Not busting your hump and running out ground balls is a lame act.

Continuing saying your team desn't respect you as they pay you $20 million is a lame act.

Telling people that the Red Sox don't deserve him and that he does not feel wanted while he makes $20 million a year is a lame act!

I can deal with a guy sucking making a lot of money as long as he shows up every night and plays through injuries.

Manny was an integral part of 2 WS but last time I checked there were 24 other guys on the team too. Is he a Hall of Famer, yes...but he has worn out his welcome in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                              Triple Dittos!

Comment

Of course it must be considered that Bay is coming from the National League, which has been the weaker league for some time;hopefully if he comes to Boston which is also a superior team to the Pirates with obviously more pressure, he will be able to step up to the next level and prove himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X