Report: Manny, Bay, Hermida trade agreed to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Manny, Bay, Hermida trade agreed to

Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus says the Red Sox, Pirates and Marlins have agreed to a three-team Manny Ramirez deal, pending Ramirez waiving his no-trade clause and league approval.

Carroll, not normally one of our preferred sources, has the Red Sox getting Jason Bay and John Grabow; the Marlins acquiring Ramirez, cash and a prospect from the Red Sox and the Pirates picking up Jeremy Hermida, two prospects from the Marlins and one from Boston.

Bay is better than Manny, this is lame. Manny is such a douche, and they got a great player and person in Bay. Weak

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
      Bay is better than Manny, this is lame. Manny is such a douche, and they got a great player and person in Bay. Weak
      WOW...better than Manny? Production wise, Bay's best year is barely equivalent Manny's average yr.

If this gets done, I give Theo props for getting something of considerable value for Manny as he had his back to the wall. But, straight baseball wise, I think this makes the Sox weaker.

I agree that Manny is a bad guy, but they won 2 WS with his lame act....
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
        WOW...better than Manny? Production wise, Bay's best year is barely equivalent Manny's average yr.

If this gets done, I give Theo props for getting something of considerable value for Manny as he had his back to the wall. But, straight baseball wise, I think this makes the Sox weaker.

Not talking about the past. Manny can hit, no doubt about it, but Bay has better number this year on a worse team is a better fielder. Not too mention he's not a complete doucebag that doesn't run. Fuck him, he plays the game the wrong way and I hate him

Comment

Bay's Contract

Certainly more value...Manny is not $13 million better than Bay!

Jason Bay of
          4 years/$18.25M (2006-09)

signed extension 11/05
          $1M signing bonus
          06:$0.75M, 07:$3.25M, 08:$5.75M, 09:$7.5M

1 year/$0.355M (2005), renewed 3/05
          1 year/$0.305M (2004)
          drafted 2000 (22-645)
          agent: Joe Urbon, Octagon Baseball
          ML service: 4.080

Comment

IM NOT A MANNY FAN ONE BIT.

BUT WHATS A LAME ACT? WATCHING PAUL KONERKO STRUGGLE TO HIT 200 OR WATCHING MANNY LEAD YOUR TEAM TO THE WORLD SERIES?

I BELIEVE THE 200 BATTING AVERAGE AND BEING HOME WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS IS THE LAME ACT.

MANNY HAS NEVER BROKEN LAW I BELIEVE AND IS A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER.

Comment

They get Bay for next year for $7 million, instead of resigning fartface to $20 million a year to watch him misplay fly balls, not run out grounders, and watch doubles off the wall. Top 5 biggest homos in the game

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                IM NOT A MANNY FAN ONE BIT.

BUT WHATS A LAME ACT? WATCHING PAUL KONERKO STRUGGLE TO HIT 200 OR WATCHING MANNY LEAD YOUR TEAM TO THE WORLD SERIES?

I BELIEVE THE 200 BATTING AVERAGE AND BEING HOME WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS IS THE LAME ACT.

Getting paid $20 million and staging a three day sitdown because you are pissed about your contract is a lame act!

Not busting your hump and running out ground balls is a lame act.

Continuing saying your team desn't respect you as they pay you $20 million is a lame act.

Telling people that the Red Sox don't deserve him and that he does not feel wanted while he makes $20 million a year is a lame act!

I can deal with a guy sucking making a lot of money as long as he shows up every night and plays through injuries.

Manny was an integral part of 2 WS but last time I checked there were 24 other guys on the team too. Is he a Hall of Famer, yes...but he has worn out his welcome in Boston.

Comment

I don't know the details, but I thought I heard recently that he faked an injury because he was mad. WTF does he have to be mad about?

Comment

Not talking about the past. Manny can hit, no doubt about it, but Bay has better number this year on a worse team is a better fielder. Not too mention he's not a complete doucebag that doesn't run. Fuck him, he plays the game the wrong way and I hate him
                    AGEE 100%!!!!!

Manny is the shittiest role model for a kid.
                    Unappreciative piece of shit that thinks he's better than the game. Farewell Fuckhead thanks for the championships!!

Bring on Mr. Bay!~

I'm excited about the trade, this might create a spark among the Sox and give them some incentive to make it back tp the big dance!

Way to get it done Theo!!! Hopefully it happens!
                    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

I don't know the details, but I thought I heard recently that he faked an injury because he was mad. WTF does he have to be mad about?
                      He sat out three days last week because of a 'sore knee', including the first game against Joba/NYY. Red Sox ordered an MRI of both knees on Saturday and they showed nothing wrong, so he played Saturday. He is pissed that the Sox are letting him dangle abut his option for next year. He was basically trying to force a trade.

Comment

Getting paid $20 million and staging a three day sitdown because you are pissed about your contract is a lame act!

Not busting your hump and running out ground balls is a lame act.

Continuing saying your team desn't respect you as they pay you $20 million is a lame act.

Telling people that the Red Sox don't deserve him and that he does not feel wanted while he makes $20 million a year is a lame act!

I can deal with a guy sucking making a lot of money as long as he shows up every night and plays through injuries.

Manny was an integral part of 2 WS but last time I checked there were 24 other guys on the team too. Is he a Hall of Famer, yes...but he has worn out his welcome in Boston.

NOTICE I SAID IM NOT A FAN OF SOME HIS ACTIONS BUT HE IS IN TOP 7 BALL PLAYERS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW.

I CANT DEAL WITH A GUY MAKING 13 MILLION AND CANT BAT HIS OWN WEIGHT. IF YOU CAN THEN MAYBE YOU DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR TEAM IN THE WORLD SERIES.

I DONT LIKE HIM, HE PRODUCES POINT BLANK.

Comment

From Gammons blog last week...THIS IS A LAME ACT!!!

Everyone in the clubhouse knows the names. Joba Chamberlain (twice), Felix Hernandez (twice), Edinson Volquez, Justin Verlander -- pitchers that Manny Ramirez didn't feel quite right to face, be it a knee, a hamstring, his contract or the pitcher's velocity, and those he left for someone else in the Red Sox "family" to face.

Everyone knows what this latest soap opera is about. It's about Manny being only about Manny -- not the team that will have paid him $168 million when this season's over, not "teammates" he leaves to answer for him, not winning or any competitive motivation.

No. Manny being Manny means Manny wanting money. He doesn't want to wait for the Red Sox to exercise the right he gave them for the first $168M, the right to decide at the end of the season whether to pick up his option for 2009 at $20M. The Red Sox fulfilled their end of the contract; now he doesn't want to fulfill his obligation, the same way he watched his teammates fade in 2006

Comment

From Gammons blog last week...THIS IS A LAME ACT!!!

Everyone in the clubhouse knows the names. Joba Chamberlain (twice), Felix Hernandez (twice), Edinson Volquez, Justin Verlander -- pitchers that Manny Ramirez didn't feel quite right to face, be it a knee, a hamstring, his contract or the pitcher's velocity, and those he left for someone else in the Red Sox "family" to face.

Everyone knows what this latest soap opera is about. It's about Manny being only about Manny -- not the team that will have paid him $168 million when this season's over, not "teammates" he leaves to answer for him, not winning or any competitive motivation.

No. Manny being Manny means Manny wanting money. He doesn't want to wait for the Red Sox to exercise the right he gave them for the first $168M, the right to decide at the end of the season whether to pick up his option for 2009 at $20M. The Red Sox fulfilled their end of the contract; now he doesn't want to fulfill his obligation, the same way he watched his teammates fade in 2006

Who the fuck is peter gammons what has he won and who made him the expert on injuries and performance.

Did manny tell him to beat one day when he wanted an interview? I can give 2 shits about manny ramirez but the proof is in the pudding. They never won before he got there thats for sure.

Once again im not a fan but he produced and the red sox didnt want to extend his contract. What did they expect.

Comment

NOTICE I SAID IM NOT A FAN OF SOME HIS ACTIONS BUT HE IS IN TOP 7 BALL PLAYERS IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW.

I CANT DEAL WITH A GUY MAKING 13 MILLION AND CANT BAT HIS OWN WEIGHT. IF YOU CAN THEN MAYBE YOU DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR TEAM IN THE WORLD SERIES.

I DONT LIKE HIM, HE PRODUCES POINT BLANK.
                              No way is he in the top 7

Comment

Working...
                              X