Who Will Win the World Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilJr
    What's really nice about a debate between 2 old people is that neither one will remember it tomorrow
    Conversely, what much younger people SAY won't be remembered or regarded much at all as opposed to the wiseness of their older counter parts!

Comment

White Sox

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        Anaheim
        Wayne-please rate the next 4 or 5 teams you would pick,and if you choose the Cubs second, thats ok.lol

Comment

What's really nice about a debate between 2 old people is that neither one will remember it tomorrow

1'm 48.

I'll probably remember this for awhile.

The trouble with arguing with some folks is the loser has no idea he is losing the argument, therefore rendering it a waste of time.

There is no point in producing endless examples, when the other side is so myopic.
          You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
            Conversely, what much younger people SAY won't be remembered or regarded much at all as opposed to the wiseness of their older counter parts!
            Just because you are an "older counter part", don't assume that all of what you say is "wise"
            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
              1'm 48.

I'll probably remember this for awhile.

The trouble with arguing with some folks is the loser has no idea he is losing the argument, therefore rendering it a waste of time.

There is no point in producing endless examples, when the other side is so myopic.
              Your argumentative and reasoning abilites are that of someone about 100.
              I pointed out tons of examples why Al is a better league using my criterion which you ignored or disregarded;lets call an ace an ace here.

Comment

I guess there is no homer bias from anyone having their team's logo as an avatar.

Kinda sends a signal that an objective discussion is not gonna be possible
                You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Just because you are an "older counter part", don't assume that all of what you say is "wise"
                  And just because you are younger doesn't mean you can grasp/comprehend everything I am saying!

Comment

Your argumentative and reasoning abilites are that of someone about 100.
                    I pointed out tons of examples why Al is a better league using my criterion which you ignored or disregarded;lets call an ace an ace here.
                    You have yet to explain how the better league wins the title.

I am waiting for those examples, wise one.

Comment

Gramps-you have yet to tell me why my criterion is invalid.
                      Is the Racing Form at the track with its past trends totally invalid also?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
                        I guess there is no homer bias from anyone having their team's logo as an avatar.

Kinda sends a signal that an objective discussion is not gonna be possible
                        I have presented OBJECTIVE facts in support of my argument.
                        You have presented nothing other than to suggest that my criterion is irrelevant.

Comment

OK-I respect your opinion, but obviously must differ in opinion especially placing the Brewers to win a WS ahead of the Red Sox and leaving TB out entirely.
                          The Brewers may be better now, but when they played the Red Sox in interleague play, I felt I was watching a slightly better than Triple A team.

Hell will freeze over before Tampa wins the WS
                          Questions, comments, complaints:
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                            Hell will freeze over before Tampa wins the WS
                            Hell will freeze over twice before the Brewers win it.

Comment

Gramps-you have yet to tell me why my criterion is invalid.
                              Is the Racing Form at the track with its past trends totally invalid also?

All I have to do is point to past history, like the Racing Form, the best indicator of the future.

If the NL has won 3 of the last 7 World Series while playing in a n admittedly inferior league, how can anyone say that it is a foregone conclusion that the AL will win the Series?

I just made 8K at Saratoga opening weekend, and I read the Form cover to cover. I place my wagers without emotion, betting against teams I like or support, with no bias whatsoever, and I am the dumbass.

Go ahead and blindly kid yourself that the better horse wins, the better league wins the whole thing (yeah, just the like the current NFL and NBA champs are from superior conferences) . It's your money.

I think I'll leave you ignorant name-calling front-running bandwagon fucks to your own cock-measuring contests, and make my own fucking money fading you .

Seriously, there is no point trying to teach a history lesson to those who ignore it.

Fuck off
                              I am done with this f'n board

Comment

Wayne-please rate the next 4 or 5 teams you would pick,and if you choose the Cubs second, thats ok.lol
                                Right now ...

1) Anaheim (They have the Batting, Starters and Relievers to get it done)

2) NYY (They have been in the Postseason how many years in a row? ... ALOT. Chamberlain is an Ace and i like their recent trade alot. They also should get Wang back in September. If they get in, i always give them a good shot)

3) Boston (They obviously need to get in 1st but Papi is back and i like their lineup, starters and closer. Middle Relief is the big problem. Catcher and SS could use an upgrade too. SS would be more likely though if something was done. They have Won 2 of the last 4 WS and they seem to turn it on in the Postseason lately. They are also (8-0) in 2 WS since '04. It may mean nothing this year but at least you know they wioll show up if they get there)

Home Field advantage is another reason why i have 3 A.L. teams up top. I believe it made a big difference in Boston winning two.

4) Cubs (Their bullpen, including the closer, scare me. As a Red Sox fan, i also know how hard it is to win one after a curse. LOL - Just kidding but hey, it isn't easy getting over that hump when the pressure builds in September. I also have questions about Harden's health lasting through September. Pitching 5 innings at a whack, may not cut it. They are my Top N.L. team so i do like their chances to get there!)

There is 4, just for you savage.

Comment

Working...
                                X