Should Boston consider Barry Bonds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Boston consider Barry Bonds?

He would be the best fit to replace David Ortiz in the lineup if he isn't able to recover 100% from his wrist injury. If it was New York that needed a DH I would think that he would be a great fit, but I can't see him going to the RedSOx.

Originally posted by DDP713
    He would be the best fit to replace David Ortiz in the lineup if he isn't able to recover 100% from his wrist injury. If it was New York that needed a DH I would think that he would be a great fit, but I can't see him going to the RedSOx.
    I wish they had picked up Jermaine Dye at the deadline last year.

I would not want him on this team.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I say bring him on. Pressure would be intense. He would have to produce early and often

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini
        I say bring him on. Pressure would be intense. He would have to produce early and often
        You think Barry Bonds would feel pressure? He's one the best hitters of all time. He's a star that hits all pitching not just the shitty pitchers like most of these stars these days. He's old but still worth picking up for some team that needs a DH

Comment

bonds wouldn't feel anything but the wind and the ball against the bat. he's heard everything there is to hear from everyone...i'm a huge dodger fan and I can't stand Barry Bonds, but he has one more season in him before his trial and he can provide a big upgrade to any teams current DH situation.
          If im the Yankees I sign Bonds...why not ? he's one of the greatest hitters of all time, they need help offensively (that's sad to say) and he would love hitting in NY's small ballpark. Yankees are the most hated franchise in baseball this only adds to the legacy.

Comment

Bonds is a cancer, and as a Sox fan, I wouldn't want him bringing his bad karma to Boston;he would be a disruption and would hurt the team more than help it;it is no wonder that no team wants him!

Comment

Red Sox don't need bonds

Nobody does anymore

Comment

No body wants to Gamble with Bonds, as indicated by the lack of interest in him since the Giants said adios.....

He brings too much garbage/controversy with him.....

What would his uniform # be....
                *.........probably so, cause any games won, or possible Series, would have a question mark to it, IMO...

Not taking away what he could do, cause he is good, but is it worth the Price....

Boston Red Sox have too much integrity to lower themselves to do this.....after all, they've done pretty well of late, without him....IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Monte

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                  Red Sox don't need bonds

Nobody does anymore
                  AGREED...

Comment

There's no way Bosox sign Bonds. I can't see them risking their chemistry.

Comment

frankb03

Originally posted by frankb03
                      There's no way Bosox sign Bonds. I can't see them risking their chemistry.
                      Exactly my opinion also.....

Comment

I'm no Bonds fan but screw chemistry. They can't score runs lately and they are struggling to Win games. Where is the chemistry in that? If Papi isn't coming back soon, they need to do something and get another bat

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          I'm no Bonds fan but screw chemistry. They can't score runs lately and they are struggling to Win games. Where is the chemistry in that? If Papi isn't coming back soon, they need to do something and get another bat

if I were them I'd go after Griffey. He's likelier to have more left in the tank and the reds will almost certainly dump him if they don't get close to the playoff hunt

I think Junior would be great for Boston

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                            if I were them I'd go after Griffey. He's likelier to have more left in the tank and the reds will almost certainly dump him if they don't get close to the playoff hunt

I think Junior would be great for Boston
                            Call me naive if you want but i will say this. I'm not a Bonds fan at all but i do think he would not feel at "Home" in Boston and i do think he would try to be "One of the guys" opposed to the King of his Castle. He isn't stupid, he knows he would have to win some tough fans over in Boston. Griffey is not bad but i don't care what anyone thinks, Bonds puts the fear in opposing pitchers. On steroids or off, i have never seen a guy at the plate more feared than Bonds. There was a 5-7 year stretch where the guy refused to swing at a ball and when you dared to throw him a strike, he crushed it. Even last year, they pitched around him a ton and his numbers were VERY good for games played. Put him at DH and let him avoid playing left and i think he stays healthier and has fun with that very short right field line in Fenway. He could go the opposite way and pound the wall all night long. He would be feared in the middle of that lineup and even though most wouldn't admit it, they still agree!
                            Last edited by wayne1218; 07-07-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If Papi doesn't make it back and produce, they surely should consider it.
                              Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X