No announcement yet.

2008 All-Star Game Lineups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so ESPN just said that varitek was voted in by the players....since when did the players vote for reserves ?

Comment

Originally posted by DDP713
      so ESPN just said that varitek was voted in by the players....since when did the players vote for reserves ?

I didn't think it would be Francona. He would rather see him rest!

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
        I still disagree and as a Red Sox fan no less.
        Tampa Bay is in first place by 4 1/2 games, and they have two players on the team while Red Sox have seven.
        Believe me if Sox hadn't won WS last year and Tampa hadn't come out of nowhere, you would not see such a disparity.
        ps Of course, the great passion of Red Sox in flooding the ballot boxes gad a "little" to do with the outcome of the voting.
        yeah obviously there was some redsox nation ballot stuffing done in boston to represent the nation in da bronx BUT I really don't think many of the Rays starters are that deserved of an all-star selection....

C-Navarro in as a reserve
        1b- Pena injured during the middle part of the 1st half and has struggled for the most part
        2b- iwamura not all-star caliber but a key piece to the top of that lineup
        ss- bartlett not worthy and currently on the DL
        3b- longoria not enough time on the team to be worthy but it looks like he'll have plenty of All-star selections on the way
        OF- Crawford & Upton are both extremely talented and upton has been grreat in center field but I don't think they have the offensive numbers really worthy of making a clear case for the all-star game. Upton would make a strong case if a spot opens up

Pitching:
        Kazmir - IN
        Percival deserved but currently on the DL
        Shields- strong at home but not all-star worthy

If anyone deserves to make the team from Tampa its their manager Maddon, bringing angel baseball down to Tampa and showing the same results.

Comment

Does anyone think Mike Mussina deserved a spot, especially in Yankee Staadium? He has actually pitched pretty well since a rough start. He has 11 Wins.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Does anyone think Mike Mussina deserved a spot, especially in Yankee Staadium? He has actually pitched pretty well since a rough start. He has 11 Wins.
            No Yankees deserved a spot if you ask me
            Last edited by kbsooner21; 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I'm fine with that!

Comment

Bump for tech fan

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  Bump for tech fan

THANKS BUDDY
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS