Golden State Warrior fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    I heard people all day saying that the 3 of them will be a nice fit in L.A.

Why would they all be saying that if it wouldn't work? If Pierce, Garnett and Allen can fit under the cap, i'm assuming these 3 can.
    Your peeps need to study up!!!

This via ESPN:
    Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

No shit!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        No shit!
        All of a sudden the Clippers are good again with a healthy Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
          All of a sudden the Clippers are good again with a healthy Brand.

I agree but i still think they need another option. I thought Maggette would be it.

Comment

Sad day here, B Diddy is great. Maggette cant stay, I hear the76ers may sign him

Comment

The San Fransisco Chronicle is reporting that in order to sign Baron Davis, the Clippers will first need to renounce their rights to free agent Corey Maggette.

With the Clippers out of the picture, it appears Maggette might have to settle for the $5.8 million mid-level exception. The Celtics have already made Maggette a contract offer, while the Hornets and Magic also loom as possible destinations.

Comment

I'm fine with this move. IMO the Warriors run isn't gonna be for another 3-5 years...Baron leaving is definitely gonna make this upcoming season go a lot worse but it frees up a lot of money. Lets develop some of our very young talent for the next couple years. Sign a PG and a big man and see if Monta, Beidrins, Wright and co can take us somewhere in a few years from now when all the current powerhouses are getting older and exiting their prime.
                Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by ELJUGO
                  I'm fine with this move. IMO the Warriors run isn't gonna be for another 3-5 years...Baron leaving is definitely gonna make this upcoming season go a lot worse but it frees up a lot of money. Lets develop some of our very young talent for the next couple years. Sign a PG and a big man and see if Monta, Beidrins, Wright and co can take us somewhere in a few years from now when all the current powerhouses are getting older and exiting their prime.
                  I agree, although it sucks to see Baron go, 5 years 65 million is ridiculous. I'd like to sign Josh Smith, but if not, we can wait for the next round of players.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                    I agree, although it sucks to see Baron go, 5 years 65 million is ridiculous. I'd like to sign Josh Smith, but if not, we can wait for the next round of players.
                    I dont think there's a team in the league that wouldn't like to get that kid. Him and Jackson would be a great defensive presence. Getting Elton Brand would be nice, I think he could actually play out a 5 year contract unlike Baron who will offer the Clips 2 solid years at best.
                    Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

I hear Maggette to the Spurs?

Comment

Working...
                      X