Report: Nets trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    At least it leaves 1 more guy to cover. I expect them to be much better. Maybe they can find a solid big guy somewhere.
    Doesn't take much to improve on 26 wins

Maybe Redd can help take some of the load off his shoulders and he can go back to being a 19.5/7/4 guy on 49% shooting that he was in 2005-2006 instead of the 22.5/4/3 guy that he was last year.

If they get a PF that's an improvement over Villanueva, then they might make themselves a playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410
      Doesn't take much to improve on 26 wins

Maybe Redd can help take some of the load off his shoulders and he can go back to being a 19.5/7/4 guy on 49% shooting that he was in 2005-2006 instead of the 22.5/4/3 guy that he was last year.

If they get a PF that's an improvement over Villanueva, then they might make themselves a playoff team.

PJ Brown is a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
        Jefferson was the Nets leading scorer, 3 PT shooter % wise, and had the highest FG % on the team
        So you're saying he's better than a 30-year old Vince Carter? I'd have to agree on that one.

Comment

Poor Vince. The guy needs a new home! lol

Comment

Bucher makes good point...

Just said on ESPN that the trade opens up a ton of cap room for the Nets in 2010 for possible run at LeBron...makes a bit more sense to me if that is true.

LeBron in Brooklyn with JayZ? Not to difficult to see happening....
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
              Just said on ESPN that the trade opens up a ton of cap room for the Nets in 2010 for possible run at LeBron...makes a bit more sense to me if that is true.

LeBron in Brooklyn with JayZ? Not to difficult to see happening....

Cleveland ownership can't be happy seeing this happen. There is no doubt what is going on here.

Comment

Yessir I posted about lebron as soon as I seen this trade, and now foxsports did a little write up as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...or-Yi,-Simmons

However lucrative and beneficial for lebron, it is an f'd up move. The state of ohio worships the guy, i feel like he belongs there. Still, as a bulls fan, I wouldn't mind him out of the central.

And reading in that article, I would be willing to put almost anything on the bulls landing either d-wade or chris bosh. Bosh a lot more unlikely so im dreaming of what will be by far the best backcourt in the NBA. D WADE AND D ROSE.......If this happens I will be the happiest man in the world.

Comment

Courtesy of the Sports Guy!

(By the way, for what the Nets "got" in that trade, they should just buy out Simmons, then use the extra money to erect a 50-foot billboard across the street of LeBron's house that says, "We have loads of cap space in 2010!" with the Nets logo in the corner. Because that could be the only explanation.)

Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado3311
                    Yessir I posted about lebron as soon as I seen this trade, and now foxsports did a little write up as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...or-Yi,-Simmons

However lucrative and beneficial for lebron, it is an f'd up move. The state of ohio worships the guy, i feel like he belongs there. Still, as a bulls fan, I wouldn't mind him out of the central.

And reading in that article, I would be willing to put almost anything on the bulls landing either d-wade or chris bosh. Bosh a lot more unlikely so im dreaming of what will be by far the best backcourt in the NBA. D WADE AND D ROSE.......If this happens I will be the happiest man in the world.
                    We (The Warriors) just drafted the second coming of Chris Bosh in last night's draft with the 14th pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                      (By the way, for what the Nets "got" in that trade, they should just buy out Simmons, then use the extra money to erect a 50-foot billboard across the street of LeBron's house that says, "We have loads of cap space in 2010!" with the Nets logo in the corner. Because that could be the only explanation.)

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                        Steal for the Bucks; Yi will never be more than an average player;
                        I have to disagree, I think it's too early to pass judgement on Yi, he's tough to defend just needs to work on his defense.

Comment

Did you watch Yi?

He's slow, can't defend athletic players and is very soft---big guys shoved him all over the place.

Also, that stat that measures whether a team's scoring margin improves or goes down when a guy is on the court gave Yi one of the worst numbers in the league.

Yi may improve; he will never EVER be a 22.6 point a game guy like Jefferson.

Comment

Did you watch Yi?

He's slow, can't defend athletic players and is very soft---big guys shoved him all over the place.

Also, that stat that measures whether a team's scoring margin improves or goes down when a guy is on the court gave Yi one of the worst numbers in the league.

I agree!!!

Jefferson is what, a Top 10 scorer in this league? Seriously, will Yi ever become close to that? Who knows how much he helps later on but give me the guarantee and Jefferson. You know what you are getting with him!

Comment

Did you watch Yi?

Not many rookies score well on the +/- rating. The Bucks were -0.8 points/100 possessions when Yi was on the court vs. on the bench. In comparison, the Sonics were -8.9 points/100 possessions when Durant was on the court vs. off the court.

That said, clearly Jefferson is the best player in the deal and the Nets wanted Simmons and Yi so they can have $4 mil on the books tops in 2010 instead of the $15 mil that Jefferson is owed.

Comment

Working...
                              X