Report: Nets trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Nets trade Jefferson to Bucks for Yi

ESPN is reporting that the Nets have traded forward Richard Jefferson to the Bucks in exchange for swingman Bobby Simmons and forward Yi Jianlian.
    Wow. Yi gets his big market, while the Bucks get a solid player that can help them right now. The move should also free up plenty of cap room for the Nets to be a major free agent player in 2010. And if Simmons can actually get healthy, he will come as a bonus. This trade is awaiting league approval, and also allows the Bucks to keep the No. 8 pick to use on Joe Alexander.

Guess what the nets are freeing all that cap room up for 2010 BIG?

Comment

I thought Jefferson would be worth more than that!

Comment

All I can say is this makes me a little more confident that king james will unite with Jay-Z

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          I thought Jefferson would be worth more than that!
          I agree...I thought they could get at least 2 box tops and a rack of balls...WTF
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Steal for the Bucks; Yi will never be more than an average player;

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
              Steal for the Bucks; Yi will never be more than an average player;
              I agree, I can't see Yi being anything. Jefferson is a solid all around NBA player, a good teammate and a great guy from what I can tell. The Nets ripped off the Mavs for Devin Harris

Comment

Redd and Jefferson are a nice duo to build around (IMO)!!!

Comment

Don't forget Sessions, and I actually think Villanova and Bogut are solid

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                    Don't forget Sessions, and I actually think Villanova and Bogut are solid
                    You are right. They have a solid nucleus going on there. Add a nice draft pick and who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      You are right. They have a solid nucleus going on there. Add a nice draft pick and who knows?
                      Solid trade by them. I'm not sold on Joe Alexander, but if he pans out, could make them a playoff contender.

Comment

Amazing fact:

Milwaukee now has two of the top nine scorers in the league.

Who'd have thought?

Comment

I dunno, I've never been a big fan of Jefferson. So now the Bucks 2 best players don't really rebound, don't set anyone else up, and don't play much defense, but they can score points.

Comment

At least it leaves 1 more guy to cover. I expect them to be much better. Maybe they can find a solid big guy somewhere.

Comment

Jefferson was the Nets leading scorer, 3 PT shooter % wise, and had the highest FG % on the team

Comment

Working...
                              X