No announcement yet.

Wang Could Be Done For The Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody in baseball is better than Beckett in the postseason.....I dont think that was the question though. As far as trading CC goes its a shrewd move just like when they Bartolo many years ago to the Expos for 3 unknowns (Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips).

Cleveland is very deep when it comes to starting pitching and if they dont feel they will contend this year why not flip CC and replenish the farm....trust me Cleveland knows what they are doing and will not be trading CC for minor league fillers....they will most likely be major league all stars who they get back.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
      Nobody in baseball is better than Beckett in the postseason.....I dont think that was the question though. As far as trading CC goes its a shrewd move just like when they Bartolo many years ago to the Expos for 3 unknowns (Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips).

Cleveland is very deep when it comes to starting pitching and if they dont feel they will contend this year why not flip CC and replenish the farm....trust me Cleveland knows what they are doing and will not be trading CC for minor league fillers....they will most likely be major league all stars who they get back.

PEACE
      In all due respect and to play devil's advocate, you are contradicting yourself-on the one hand you are telling me CC is the best regular season pitcher and then on the other telling me that they can afford to deal him.
      Perhaps by your logic, the Sox should follow suit and deal Beckett because after all they have a good farm system, have promising pitchers and what the heck, Beckett can always be replaced by some other good players.
      The Red Sox were considering dumping Manny a few years ago for other promising but unproven players at least in Boston;I am sure glad they decided not to!
      ps Cleveland is not as deep in pitching as you think-just look at their record.
      Last edited by savage1; 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X