Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Matt Ryan is overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think Matt Ryan is overrated?

What has this kid ever done? No way he's better than Brohm, Ainge, Woodson, or Colt Brennen. Just shows you how espn, and these draft nerds can swing somebodys draft stock. If I were an agent for a NFL Qb prospect I would tell them they should not participate in the Senior Bowl, or anything that wasn't required. Tired of hearing people talk about arm delivery-anyone remember Marino, Kosar, or Phillip Rivers for that matter. Andre Woodson throw for 40 tds and 7 picks in the SEC he was being talk about as a lock for the first round, and then had a crappy week at the Senior Bowl, and slips to the 5th round...What a joke..
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Originally posted by grandmama
    What has this kid ever done? No way he's better than Brohm, Ainge, Woodson, or Colt Brennen. Just shows you how espn, and these draft nerds can swing somebodys draft stock. If I were an agent for a NFL Qb prospect I would tell them they should not participate in the Senior Bowl, or anything that wasn't required. Tired of hearing people talk about arm delivery-anyone remember Marino, Kosar, or Phillip Rivers for that matter. Andre Woodson throw for 40 tds and 7 picks in the SEC he was being talk about as a lock for the first round, and then had a crappy week at the Senior Bowl, and slips to the 5th round...What a joke..
    Lol, another overrated thread.

Comment

i'm gonna wait to pass judgement until he plays an nfl game (or two).

Comment

I'm with ya! What exactly has Ryan done to seperate himself from Brohm, Henne, etc? I don't see it, but I don't know shit

Comment

I think alot has to do with the NFL is a copycat league and the quarterbacks who have had major sucess lately the Mannings, and Brady are pocket passers and whose mechanics are almost flawless, and I believe this is where Ryan got the nod over the other qbs, Woodson has mechanical issues,Brohm and Brennan are"system qbs" and Henne had injury problems, it seemed Ryan was healthy had the mechanics and was a typical pocket passer, thats why I believe he got all the pub, but time will tell if all the pub was worth it.

Comment

Seems to me that Ryan has a weak arm.

Mel Diaper & Mort what ever the hell his last name is are a bunch of assholes. I am sick of these so-called 'experts'. The only difference between them & us is they get fed info in their ears by stat people & make a whole lot more money They are not 'experts'; just paid opinions. How many right draft picks did Diaper get this year??
            He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13
              I think alot has to do with the NFL is a copycat league and the quarterbacks who have had major sucess lately the Mannings, and Brady are pocket passers and whose mechanics are almost flawless, and I believe this is where Ryan got the nod over the other qbs, Woodson has mechanical issues,Brohm and Brennan are"system qbs" and Henne had injury problems, it seemed Ryan was healthy had the mechanics and was a typical pocket passer, thats why I believe he got all the pub, but time will tell if all the pub was worth it.

Brohm is not a system QB, Petrino ran a pro style offense.

Brohms mechanics are flawless, dont know if he makes a great or good pro, but he was no system QB.

I think none of QB's looked like cant miss guys, so why take them in the first round and have to guarantee the money.
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Matt Ryan, coming out, had the best package as far as Arm (Good enough strenghth) size (6'4" 5/8 230) and accuracy and leadership. I personally think with the right coaching and a studd wr, he will make a great pro. He is like a Better version of Matt Hesselbeck.
                Good,Honest Handicapping. Florida Tebow 24-Oklahoma Bradford 14, Jan 09'

Comment

here is where everyone laughs at me but only time will tell as stated above. Joe Flacco, yes, Joe Flacco drafted by the baltimore ravens IMO will turn out to have the best career of this QB class. With the QB's to choose from I don't think Ryan was overrated. brennan ? woodson ? ainge ? IMO these are NOT NFL QB"s, maybe good backups, that's about it.

Comment

Just shows you how espn, and these draft nerds can swing somebodys draft stock.
                    I disagree 100% I seriously doubt NFL team general managers, player personal directors and scouts pay any attention to ESPN, Mel Kiper, and other so called draft experts. They're scouting the college players throughout the season. Next they have the combine. Finally, they do individual tryout at the players school on Pro day.

The fans, like you and I are influenced by the ESPN idiots.
                    Last edited by frankb03; 04-28-2008, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR Pain
                      here is where everyone laughs at me but only time will tell as stated above. Joe Flacco, yes, Joe Flacco drafted by the baltimore ravens IMO will turn out to have the best career of this QB class. With the QB's to choose from I don't think Ryan was overrated. brennan ? woodson ? ainge ? IMO these are NOT NFL QB"s, maybe good backups, that's about it.
                      I mean no disrespect to you. Joe Flacco might be the best QB coming out of the draft. However, following the theme of this thread, where and how did you hear about Flacco? I never heard about Flacco until combines.

Vernon Gholston is another who's stock shy-rocketed at the combine. It had nothing to do with ESPN.
                      Last edited by frankb03; 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I love that the Ravens took Flacco!

Being a Steeler fan, its great to see even with Billick gone, they still have no idea what an NFL QB is . Trading up to get a D-II QB, one that wasn't good enough to play for a pathetic Pitt team, is a total joke.

Flacco is not now, nor will ever be an NFL QB. Ravens just set their franchise back another 5 years!! Go give Lewis another extension.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          I mean no disrespect to you. Joe Flacco might be the best QB coming out of the draft. However, following the theme of this thread, where and how did you hear about Flacco? I never heard about Flacco until combines.

Vernon Gholston is another who's stock shy-rocketed at the combine. It had nothing to do with ESPN.
                          frank I am originally from the n.y/n.j area. I know many people that have played against him both in high school and college. He was originally at Pitt but was the backup behind Tyler Palko, so transfered to delaware. Now I must admit after he left Pitt I forgot all about him, I didn't know where he went, until I was talking to a friend who attends the university of Richmond and he told me about how Flacco looked great. I completely understand where your coming from thinking I just jumped on the bandwagon, and I am probably the only person on here who actually does know who he is. Seen him play in high school, Audubon N.J. frank

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch

Being a Steeler fan, its great to see even with Billick gone, they still have no idea what an NFL QB is . Trading up to get a D-II QB, one that wasn't good enough to play for a pathetic Pitt team, is a total joke.

Flacco is not now, nor will ever be an NFL QB. Ravens just set their franchise back another 5 years!! Go give Lewis another extension.

As a Fellow Steeler fan
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch

who said he wasn't good enough to play......... dave wannstedt ?? yea OK. Flacco is and was better than Palko, it's just that he was the home town kid, not to mention the pressure from ther school and the kid's parents. (it helps when your dad has been coaching in the state for years and is at every Pitt game.) Palko was nothing more than over excited coaches son. Maybe that was why Pitt was pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X