• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Trends and Indexes 03/26

Trends and Indexes
    Wednesday, March 26

Good Luck on day #86 of 2008!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Due to the early start (6:05am ET) in Wednesday’s MLB game, we will post as much info as we have in baseball before we start the usual trends, indexes and notes.

Comment

Major League Baseball - Dunkel Index

MLB
      Dunkel Index

Boston vs. Oakland
      The Red Sox opened with a comeback win and look to make it two straight over the A's behind starter Jon Lester, who was 5-0 in his 12 starts last season. Boston is the pick (-110) according to Dunkel, which has the Red Sox favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Boston (-110). Here are all of today's games.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26

Game 995-996: Boston vs. Oakland
      Dunkel Ratings: Boston (Lester) 15.426; Oakland (Harden) 14.101
      Dunkel Line: Boston by 1 1/2; 10
      Vegas Line: Boston (-110); 9 1/2
      Dunkel Pick: Boston (-110); Over

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Major League Baseball – Long Sheet

MLB
        Long Sheet

Wednesday, March 26

BOSTON (107 - 69) vs. OAKLAND (76 - 86) - 6:05 AM
        JON LESTER (L) vs. RICH HARDEN (R)
        Top Trends for this game.
        BOSTON is 22-28 (-17.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
        OAKLAND is 33-22 (+18.2 Units) against the money line in road games in day games over the last 3 seasons.
        OAKLAND is 34-48 (-20.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
        There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

JON LESTER vs. OAKLAND since 1997
        LESTER is 0-0 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 4.82 and a WHIP of 2.144.
        His team's record is 1-1 (-0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

RICH HARDEN vs. BOSTON since 1997
        HARDEN is 0-1 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 17.60 and a WHIP of 3.129.
        His team's record is 0-2 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

Comment

Major League Baseball - Preview

MLB

Wednesday, March 26

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Preview
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston (1-0) at Oakland (0-1)

Currently: Tokyo, JAPAN - Temp: 56° F
          Game info: 6:05 am EDT Wed Mar 26, 2008
          TV: ESPN2

After making a smooth transition from cancer patient to winning pitcher in the clinching game of the World Series, Jon Lester isn’t likely to be fazed by starting a game on the other side of the world.

Lester will look to earn the Boston Red Sox a two-game sweep in Tokyo when he takes the mound Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics and Rich Harden.

After being diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma in September 2006, Lester worked his way back to the big leagues in July last season, finishing 4-0 with a 4.57 ERA.

He only made one start in the playoffs, but earned the win in Game 4 of Boston’s World Series sweep of Colorado after pitching 5 2-3 shutout innings.

Now, Boston’s second-round draft pick from 2002 will start the season in the majors for the first time in his career. Injuries to Josh Beckett and Curt Schilling gave Lester the opportunity to start a game in Japan, and will also give the fully healthy 24-year-old increased responsibility in the early season.

“It’s been a while since I had a normal spring training,” Lester told the Red Sox’s official Web site. “Two years ago, I was on a lot of pitch counts, and all that. And last year was obviously not normal. So, as far as I remember, this is normal.”

Lester has made two starts in his career against Oakland, coming away with a pair of no-decisions while compiling a 4.82 ERA. The A’s scored five runs - four earned - in just 4 1-3 innings against him in his last start of the 2007 regular season on Sept. 26.

Harden is also hoping for a comeback season after starting just 13 games the last two years due to various arm injuries. He went 1-2 with a 2.45 ERA last season, but hasn’t made more than 19 starts in a year since 2004.

“I feel great,” Harden told the A’s official Web site, “especially now that my body’s adjusted to the time change. It definitely took a few days.”

The Red Sox haven’t faced Harden since 2004, but he’s 0-1 with a 17.61 ERA in two career starts against them. Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz are a combined 6-for-7 with three walks, four home runs and eight RBIs in their careers against Harden.

Ramirez keyed Boston’s 6-5, 10-inning win in Tuesday’s opener, as Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka’s homecoming turned into a battle between the teams’ bullpens. Japanese reliever Hideki Okajima earned the win for Boston.

The Red Sox tied the game in the ninth when rookie Brandon Moss hit his first major league home run off A’s closer Huston Street, and Ramirez put the Red Sox ahead with his second two-run double of the game in the 10th after Ortiz was intentionally walked.

“They’re both great hitters and you have to pick one or the other,” A’s manager Bob Geren said.

Moss, who also had an RBI single, found out he was starting just before game time, as J.D. Drew sat out with a sore back.

It’s unclear who will start Wednesday’s game, which is set for 6:05 a.m. EDT. Afterward, the teams will head back to the United States to play exhibition games before resuming their series on April 1 in Oakland.

The A’s started 0-2 last season for the first time since 1998, while Boston hasn’t won its first two since 1999.

Comment

MLB
            ”Baseball Today”

Wednesday, March 26

Baseball Today

On March 26 in Baseball History...

1937 - On the advice of Ty Cobb, Joe DiMaggio reduces the weight of his bat from 40 ounces to 36 ounces.

1960 - Baltimore chief Lee MacPhail moves an Orioles-Reds series scheduled for Havana, Cuba, to Miami. The Reds, with a farm club in Cuba, want the trip, but the Orioles fear increased political unrest in the area.

1976 - The A.L. approves the purchase of the new Toronto franchise by Labatt Breweries for $7 million.

1979 - The Padres and Giants announce that the 1980 exhibition series between the two teams will be played in Tokyo. But Giants owner Bob Lurie leaves the decision up to his players, who reject the agreement.

Comment

Major League Baseball – Write up

MLB
              Write-up

Wednesday, March 26

Harden is good pitcher when healthy, which isn't often; he had a 1.42 RA in three starts last April, then got hurt and made just one more start rest of year. Red Sox were 10-2 in Lester's starts LY; he tossed 5.2 scoreless innings in World Series game- one of his worst starts was when A's got five runs in 4.2 IP against him. Five of his last six starts stayed under the total. Sox were down to last two outs yesterday, but Moss homered in ninth inning to tie game, and Boston won in the 10th.

Comment

Major League Baseball - Tips & Trends

MLB

Wednesday, March 26

Tips and Trends

Boston Red Sox vs. Oakland Athletics [ESPN2 | 6:05 AM ET]

Red Sox (-120, O/U 9.5): Jon Lester will take the mound for the first time since earning the World Series-clinching victory at Colorado in Game 4. That was Lester's only start of the playoffs after going 4-0 with a 4.57 ERA in his return from lymphoma. “It’s been a while since I had a normal spring training,” Lester said. “Two years ago, I was on a lot of pitch counts, and all that. And last year was obviously not normal. So, as far as I remember, this is normal.” Boston won the season opener 6-5 in 10 innings Tuesday on a 2-run double by Manny Ramirez.

Boston is 4-0 SU in the last 3 meetings.
                The UNDER is 19-8 in Boston's last 27 games on field turf.

Key Injuries- NONE

PROJECTED SCORE: 5

A's: Oakland pitcher Rich Harden has also battled back from health concerns, starting just 13 games over the past 2 seasons due to various arm injuries. “I feel great,” Harden said. “Especially now that my body’s adjusted to the time change. It definitely took a few days.” He is 0-1 lifetime vs. Boston in 2 starts with an inflated 17.61 ERA, as Red Sox sluggers Ramirez and David Ortiz are 6-for-7 against him with 4 homers and 8 RBIs.

Oakland is 2-11 in its last 13 regular-season games.

Key Injuries- 3B Eric Chavez (back) did not make the trip.

PROJECTED SCORE: 4

Comment

Wednesday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but.........

13) Not only is starting the baseball season in Japan annoying, what about the loyal A’s fans in Oakland? They had to either stay up all night, or set their alarms for 3am? Just great.

12) Paid crowd in Tokyo Tuesday was over 44,000, well over capacity; I’m assuming the A’s are making tidy profit for going over there. They better be.

11) One thing about NCAA taking over the NIT—they have much better refs than in previous years. Quality of play has been better than previous years, and officiating is better.

10) 49ers got docked a 5th-round pick for tampering with Lance Briggs, and also had to switch picks with Chicago in the third round. The moral: Don’t mess with Roger Goodell.

9) I’m not happy the A’s re-signed Keith Foulke, who career is on its last legs, but he was impressive getting Youkilis-Ortiz-Ramirez out 1-2-3 as setup guy in the 8th Tuesday morning.

8) Mike Sweeney is interesting signing by A’s; he has .299 career BA, once knocked in 144 runs in a season (he hasn’t knocked in 100 in any season since '00), made All-Star team five times in six years, but has been hurt a lot recently. It reminds me of the Frank Thomas signing two years ago.

7) I’m tired of hearing Bud Selig saying how healthy baseball is. I know he gets paid $14M a year to keep spouting the same ol’ stuff, I’m sick of hearing it, because I don’t believe it. The rich keep getting richer, but the poor are getting poorer.

6) Joel Pryzbilla grabbed 25 rebounds in a game last week. He did, really. Thats an awful lot of boards for one game.

5) Florida-Arizona State NIT game was high caliber; you can easily envision those teams meeting in NCAAs next season.

4) Before Arkansas beat Indiana Friday, Big 11 had won 11 of last 16 NCAA games against the SEC. Now its 11 of 17.

3) New England Patriots have made 46 trades in the Belichick/ Pioli era; 25 of the 46 came on draft weekend. With Mel Kiper Weekend only 31 days away, number is expected to get higher.

2) Huston Street’s dad once was star QB for Texas Longhorns, which makes young Street odds-on favorite to become Astros’ closer when he plays out his option in Oakland. There are 350,000 Texas alumni in the Houston area; besides, someone named Huston probably should pitch for the Astros.

1) Too bad the Red Sox-A’s game didn’t go past 10 innings; they have tie games in Japan, would have been interesting to see how many Japanese fans stuck it out ‘til the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Six-pack for Tuesday

Six things I’d do if I owned a pro sports team..........

6) If a player left my team to sign somewhere else for more money, he would not be allowed back when his career was in decline and he was looking to hang on in the big leagues (Exhibit A: Keith Foulke, ’08 A’s.). If you skip out on us when you’re good, that’s your choice. Just don’t come back when no one else wants you.

5) I wouldn’t stiff my fans by starting a season on another continent at 3am, local time.

4) I couldn’t own NFL team because the thought of charging people regular season prices to go to two preseason games makes me puke. Preseason games should cost 25% what a regular game ticket costs.

3) My team would have cheerleaders, but they wouldn’t dress like wannabe hookers. I’m in the minority here, but we all have imaginations. Our cheerleaders would be top-flight, but they’d also wear more clothes.

2) Parking would be $1. No more, no less, just enough to pay the people who work out there. We’d have lot of giveaway nights; t-shirts, hats, mugs, schedule magnets. People love free stuff and bargains; give ‘em what they want. Just don't make them feel like you're sucking every dollar out of them.

1) If I saw the Patriots win three Super Bowls in part because they used spy tactics, I’d hire me someone with expertise in Naval Intelligence, not to spy ourselves, but to safeguard our team against such subversion. We’d also give the QB armbands to use instead of signaling in the plays.

Comment

College Basketball – Long Sheet

NCAAB
                      Long Sheet

Wednesday, March 28

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAYTON (23 - 10) at OHIO ST (21 - 13) - 3/26/2008, 9:00 PM
                      OHIO ST is 31-20 ATS (+9.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

OLE MISS (23 - 10) at VIRGINIA TECH (21 - 13) - 3/26/2008, 7:00 PM
                      OLE MISS is 12-28 ATS (-18.8 Units) in road games on Wednesday games since 1997.
                      OLE MISS is 9-22 ATS (-15.2 Units) when playing with one or less days rest since 1997.
                      OLE MISS is 30-52 ATS (-27.2 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 20-10 ATS (+9.0 Units) in all games this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 20-10 ATS (+9.0 Units) in all lined games this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) as a favorite this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 10-3 ATS (+6.7 Units) in all home games this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 10-3 ATS (+6.7 Units) in home lined games this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in March games this season.
                      VIRGINIA TECH is 16-7 ATS (+8.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      OLE MISS is 19-6 ATS (+12.4 Units) after scoring 80 points or more over the last 2 seasons.

BRADLEY (19 - 15) at VIRGINIA (17 - 15) - 3/26/2008, 7:00 PM
                      BRADLEY is 57-39 ATS (+14.1 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                      BRADLEY is 57-39 ATS (+14.1 Units) in all lined games over the last 3 seasons.
                      BRADLEY is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season.
                      VIRGINIA is 23-39 ATS (-19.9 Units) on Wednesday games since 1997.
                      VIRGINIA is 1-8 ATS (-7.8 Units) when playing with one or less days rest over the last 3 seasons.

HOUSTON (24 - 9) at TULSA (22 - 13) - 3/26/2008, 9:00 PM
                      HOUSTON is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) after scoring 80 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
                      TULSA is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) as a favorite this season.
                      TULSA is 10-3 ATS (+6.7 Units) in all home games this season.
                      TULSA is 10-3 ATS (+6.7 Units) in home lined games this season.
                      TULSA is 12-4 ATS (+7.6 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
                      TULSA is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) after allowing 60 points or less this season.
                      TULSA is 8-2 ATS (+5.8 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      TULSA is 69-47 ATS (+17.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.

HOUSTON is 3-0 against the spread versus TULSA over the last 3 seasons
                      HOUSTON is 3-0 straight up against TULSA over the last 3 seasons
                      2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Thursday, March 27

WASHINGTON ST (26 - 8) vs. N CAROLINA (34 - 2) - 3/27/2008, 7:25 PM
                      N CAROLINA is 21-10 ATS (+10.0 Units) in all games this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 21-10 ATS (+10.0 Units) in all lined games this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 20-10 ATS (+9.0 Units) as a favorite this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 13-2 ATS (+10.8 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 13-1 ATS (+11.9 Units) in non-conference games this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 16-8 ATS (+7.2 Units) after scoring 80 points or more this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 19-6 ATS (+12.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      N CAROLINA is 24-11 ATS (+11.9 Units) in road games versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game after 15+ games since 1997.
                      N CAROLINA is 10-0 ATS (+10.0 Units) versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game this season.
                      WASHINGTON ST is 18-9 ATS (+8.1 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                      WASHINGTON ST is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game after 15+ games over the last 2 seasons.
                      WASHINGTON ST is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.

LOUISVILLE (26 - 8) vs. TENNESSEE (31 - 4) - 3/27/2008, 9:55 PM
                      LOUISVILLE is 17-32 ATS (-18.2 Units) in all neutral court games since 1997.
                      LOUISVILLE is 8-17 ATS (-10.7 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
                      LOUISVILLE is 17-32 ATS (-18.2 Units) when playing on a neutral court since 1997.
                      TENNESSEE is 66-43 ATS (+18.7 Units) as an underdog since 1997.
                      LOUISVILLE is 36-25 ATS (+8.5 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      LOUISVILLE is 36-25 ATS (+8.5 Units) in all lined games over the last 2 seasons.
                      LOUISVILLE is 11-4 ATS (+6.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season.
                      TENNESSEE is 15-34 ATS (-22.4 Units) in all neutral court games since 1997.
                      TENNESSEE is 0-7 ATS (-7.7 Units) in a neutral court game where the total is 145 to 149.5 since 1997.
                      TENNESSEE is 15-34 ATS (-22.4 Units) when playing on a neutral court since 1997.
                      TENNESSEE is 10-30 ATS (-23.0 Units) in all tournament games since 1997.

W VIRGINIA (26 - 10) vs. XAVIER (29 - 6) - 3/27/2008, 7:10 PM
                      XAVIER is 17-8 ATS (+8.2 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
                      XAVIER is 28-16 ATS (+10.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                      XAVIER is 61-39 ATS (+18.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.
                      W VIRGINIA is 35-24 ATS (+8.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      W VIRGINIA is 35-24 ATS (+8.6 Units) in all lined games over the last 2 seasons.
                      W VIRGINIA is 26-14 ATS (+10.6 Units) as a favorite over the last 2 seasons.
                      W VIRGINIA is 17-5 ATS (+11.5 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
                      W VIRGINIA is 33-18 ATS (+13.2 Units) in all tournament games since 1997.
                      W VIRGINIA is 12-0 ATS (+12.0 Units) in a NCAA tournament games since 1997.
                      W VIRGINIA is 39-25 ATS (+11.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.

W KENTUCKY (29 - 6) vs. UCLA (33 - 3) - 3/27/2008, 9:40 PM
                      UCLA is 60-42 ATS (+13.8 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
                      UCLA is 60-42 ATS (+13.8 Units) in all lined games over the last 3 seasons.
                      UCLA is 27-14 ATS (+11.6 Units) when the total is 130 to 139.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                      W KENTUCKY is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) in all neutral court games this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in March games this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) when playing on a neutral court this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in all tournament games this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season.
                      W KENTUCKY is 8-2 ATS (+5.8 Units) versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game this season.

Friday, March 28

VILLANOVA (22 - 12) vs. KANSAS (33 - 3) - 3/28/2008, 9:40 PM
                      VILLANOVA is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) after scoring 80 points or more this season.
                      KANSAS is 22-9 ATS (+12.1 Units) when the total is 140 to 149.5 over the last 3 seasons.

DAVIDSON (28 - 6) vs. WISCONSIN (31 - 4) - 3/28/2008, 7:10 PM
                      DAVIDSON is 21-11 ATS (+8.9 Units) in all games this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 21-11 ATS (+8.9 Units) in all lined games this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in all neutral court games this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) when playing on a neutral court this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season.
                      DAVIDSON is 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) in road games versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game after 15+ games since 1997.
                      DAVIDSON is 7-0 ATS (+7.0 Units) versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game this season.

MICHIGAN ST (27 - 8) vs. MEMPHIS (35 - 1) - 3/28/2008, 9:55 PM
                      MEMPHIS is 138-98 ATS (+30.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
                      MEMPHIS is 84-55 ATS (+23.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games since 1997.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) in all neutral court games this season.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 6-0 ATS (+6.0 Units) in road games after a non-conference game this season.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) when playing on a neutral court this season.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in non-conference games this season.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 7-1 ATS (+5.9 Units) in all tournament games this season.
                      MICHIGAN ST is 28-16 ATS (+10.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

STANFORD (28 - 7) vs. TEXAS (30 - 6) - 3/28/2008, 7:25 PM
                      STANFORD is 46-28 ATS (+15.2 Units) when the total is 130 to 139.5 since 1997.
                      STANFORD is 9-2 ATS (+6.8 Units) after scoring 80 points or more over the last 2 seasons.

Comment

College Basketball – Short Sheet

NCAAB
                        Short Sheet

Wednesday, March 26th

NIT Tournament
                        Quarterfinals
                        Bottom Team Is Home

Dayton at Ohio State, 9:00 ET ESPN2
                        Dayton: 5-13 ATS off an Under
                        Ohio State: 9-0 ATS at home off BB covers as favorite

Mississippi at Virginia Tech, 7:00 ET ESPN2
                        Mississippi: 9-22 ATS playing with one or less days rest
                        Virginia Tech: 10-2 ATS as a home favorite

CBI Tournament
                        Semifinals
                        Bottom Team Is Home

Bradley at Virginia, 7:00 ET
                        Bradley: 9-0 ATS after a win by 6 points or less
                        Virginia: 1-8 ATS when playing with one or less days rest

Houston at Tulsa, 9:00 ET
                        Houston: 6-1 OVER as an underdog
                        Tulsa: 10-2 ATS as a home favorite

Thursday, March 27th

East Region Charlotte, NC
                        Washington State vs. North Carolina, 7:25 ET

Washington State:
                        28-10 Under vs. non-conference teams
                        9-2 Under off BB DD wins

North Carolina:
                        13-1 ATS vs. non-conference teams
                        7-1 ATS off win by 30+ points

East Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Charlotte, NC
                        Louisville vs. Tennessee, 9:55 ET

Louisville:
                        12-4 Under off DD win
                        5-1 ATS off BB covers as favorite

Tennessee:
                        10-30 ATS in all tournament games
                        0-7 ATS on neutral court if the total is 145 to 149.5

West Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Denver, CO
                        West Virginia vs. Xavier, 7:10 ET

West Virginia:
                        12-0 ATS in NCAA Tournament
                        6-0 ATS as neutral court favorite of 6 points or less

Xavier:
                        1-6 ATS vs. Big East
                        5-0 Over in NCAA Tournament

West Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Denver, CO
                        Western Kentucky vs. UCLA, 9:40 ET

Western Kentucky:
                        8-0 ATS on neutral court
                        8-0 Under when the total is 130 to 139.5

UCLA:
                        0-7 ATS off BB games with 12+ FT attempts
                        14-3 Under if seeded #4 or higher

Friday, March 28th

Midwest Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Detroit, MI
                        Villanova vs. Kansas, 9:40 ET

Villanova:
                        0-6 ATS after scoring 80+ points
                        8-2 Under as an underdog

Kansas:
                        22-9 ATS when the total is 140 to 149.5
                        10-1 Under playing with 5 or 6 days rest

Midwest Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Detroit, MI
                        Davidson vs. Wisconsin, 7:10 ET

Davidson:
                        7-1 ATS on neutral court
                        19-8 ATS off SU win

Wisconsin:
                        6-0 Under playing with 5 or 6 days rest
                        21-8 Under as a favorite

South Region
                        Sweet Sixteen
                        Houston, TX
                        Michigan State vs. Memphis, 9:55 ET

Michigan State:
                        8-0 ATS on neutral court
                        10-2 ATS vs. non-conference teams

Memphis:
                        9-1 Under off BB Overs
                        3-6 ATS in tournament games

South Region
                        Second Round
                        Little Rock, AR
                        Stanford vs. Texas, 7:25 ET

Stanford:
                        8-2 Over when the line is +3 to -3
                        13-4 Over in NCAA Tournament

Texas:
                        14-7 Under as favorite
                        11-2 Under off ATS loss

Comment

College Basketball – Write up

NCAAB
                          Write-up

Wednesday, March 26

Wednesday's NIT Games

Ole Miss is 15-0 outside the SEC, but only road win was Dec 8 at Central Florida (76-67, -3); they also beat Clemson, DePaul, LaSalle on neutral court. Rebels visit tough Virginia Tech court where Hokies won last five games by 8-19-22-32-26 pts, with a pair of wins vs Morgan State/UAB in this tourney. Ole Miss is 4-2 against spread as an underdog this season.

Dayton is healthy now for the first time in while; they held first two NIT foes to 39-34% from floor, breaking open Illinois State win with 17-0 run early in 2nd half. Ohio State is 10-4 outside Big 11- they won four of last five games, winning first two NIT Games by 18-17 pts. Buckeyes are back in normal arena here, after playing last game in St John Arena, their former home.

CBI Games

Virginia escaped first two CBA games vs in-state foes by 2-4 points; it trailed last five games at the half. Old Dominion shot 51% against them, led 37-29 at the half, but lost 80-76. Virginia is led by senior G Singletary; they're 7-5 as favorite this year. Bradley was down 13 at half in last game, at home vs Ohio, but rallied to win- they covered six of last seven road games, also have solid senior PG in Ruffin.

Houston-Tulsa are Conference USA rivals; Hurricane lost at Houston 92-81 Feb 6 (+9), game they trailed 54-40 at halftime, in season's only meeting. Tulsa is 11-3 in last 14 games; they're great at home, winning last eight at home, covering last seven. Cougars covered four of last five as dog, but lost four of last five on road, with last four away games decided by total of 11 points. Houston shot 72 treys (30-72) in first two CBI games.

Comment

College Basketball – Additional

NCAAB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            NCAAB -– Trend Sheet
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH 26, 7:00 PM

BRADLEY vs. VIRGINIA
                            Bradley is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
                            Bradley is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
                            Virginia is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
                            Virginia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home

MARCH 26, 7:00 PM

MISSISSIPPI vs. VIRGINIA TECH
                            Mississippi is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                            Mississippi is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
                            Virginia Tech is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
                            Virginia Tech is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games

MARCH 26, 9:00 PM

DAYTON vs. OHIO STATE
                            Dayton is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
                            Dayton is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
                            Ohio State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
                            Ohio State is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games at home

MARCH 26, 9:00 PM

HOUSTON vs. TULSA
                            Houston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Tulsa
                            Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Tulsa
                            Tulsa is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
                            Tulsa is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

MARCH 27, 7:10 PM

WEST VIRGINIA vs. XAVIER
                            West Virginia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 7 of West Virginia's last 9 games
                            Xavier is 15-2 SU in its last 17 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 4 of Xavier's last 5 games

MARCH 27, 7:27 PM

WASHINGTON STATE vs. NORTH CAROLINA
                            Washington State is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games
                            Washington State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
                            North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                            The total has gone OVER in 7 of North Carolina's last 10 games

MARCH 27, 9:40 PM

WESTERN KENTUCKY vs. UCLA
                            Western Kentucky is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
                            Western Kentucky is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                            UCLA is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
                            UCLA is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

MARCH 27, 9:57 PM

LOUISVILLE vs. TENNESSEE
                            Louisville is 11-2 ATS in its last 13 games
                            Louisville is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
                            Tennessee is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Louisville
                            Tennessee is 15-2 SU in its last 17 games

MARCH 28, 7:10 PM

DAVIDSON vs. WISCONSIN
                            Davidson is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
                            Davidson is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
                            Wisconsin is 9-1 ATS in its last 10 games
                            Wisconsin is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

MARCH 28, 7:27 PM

STANFORD vs. TEXAS
                            Stanford is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
                            Stanford is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
                            Texas is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games
                            Texas is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games

MARCH 28, 9:40 PM

VILLANOVA vs. KANSAS
                            Villanova is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
                            Villanova is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
                            Kansas is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
                            Kansas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

MARCH 28, 9:57 PM

MICHIGAN STATE vs. MEMPHIS
                            Michigan State is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
                            Michigan State is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
                            Memphis is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
                            Memphis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

Comment

National Basketball Association – Write up

NBA
                              Write-up

Tuesday, March 25

NBA Games

Pistons are 11-5 in last 16 games after OT win vs Suns Monday they beat Toronto twice this season, by 14-16 points. Raptors lost seven of last eight games, with only win by 42 vs Miami- their last five games stayed under the total.

Milwaukee lost six of its last eight games. 17 of last 21 games went over total; home team won all three of their games against Atlanta this season. Hawks won four of their last six, are 3-1-1 vs spread in their last five games as the favorite.

Knicks are horrible, Miami is worse. New York lost five in row, 12 of last 13 games, but only win was 91-88 at Miami couple of weeks ago- they're 4-8 vs spread as favorite this year. Heat lost 11 of last 13 games; under is 6-1-1 in their last eight games.

76ers won four of five, 10 of last 12 games- they had huge win at Boston Monday, are 8-2-1 vs spread in last eleven games as the favorite. Road team won all three of their games vs Chicago this year. Bulls are 1-6 vs spread in game after last seven wins.
                              Cleveland is 5-1 vs spread in game after last six losses; four of their last five games stayed under total. Cavs lost 86-76 to the Hornets Dec 29 (+4). New Orleans won four in row, eleven of last fifteen games. Cavs are 3-4 in their last seven games.

Suns had 7-game win streak snapped in Detroit Monday; they beat Celtics 85-77 at home Feb 22, in Shaq's second game with Suns. Over is 11-3-1 in their last fifteen games. Boston lost two in row, only third time this season; seven of its last nine games stayed under the total.

Pacers had four-game win streak snapped by Hornets Tuesday over is 9-4 in their last 13 games. Home side won both its tilts against Nets this year. New Jersey won its last three games at home, scoring an average of 115.3 ppg.

Rockets are 2-3 since their 22-game win streak ended, with last three games going over total- they beat Minnesota twice this season, by 6-31 points. Wolves are 6-3 in last nine games- nine of their last twelve games went over the total.

Clippers lost last eight games (2-6 vs spread)- they lost twice to Spurs this season, by 6-9 points- five of their last seven on road went over total, but five of last seven Sour games stayed under. San Antonio won last four games, getting solid win at Orlando last night.

Sacramento lost last three games, by 13-6-8 points; five of their last seven games stayed under total- Kings lost 117-111 four nights ago in Memphis, their second loss in three games this year vs Grizzlies, who are 4-15 in their last nineteen games.

Wizards got hammered in Portland last night, just their second loss in last eight games; under is 4-0-1 in their last five games. Seattle beat Portland Monday, ending 11-game losing streak. Sonics lost 108-86 in Washington Jan 6 (+8).

Bobcats lost six of last seven games (0-4 vs spread in last four) five of their last six games stayed under total. Lakers (-7) won 106-97 in Charlotte Feb 11. LA won four of last five games after splitting pair vs Warriors, winning last game in OT in Oakland.

Comment

Working...
                              X