Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Super Bowl Prop Bets- Add if you like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sightings:
    Brady MVP -200 now. got it earlier at -150...
    MVP = Welker +300 interests me a little.

Most points scored in second half-1/2 115 win 100
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Spearit

Originally posted by Spearit
      Sightings:
      Brady MVP -200 now. got it earlier at -150...
      MVP = Welker +300 interests me a little.
      Most points scored in second half-1/2 115 win 100
      Welker, IMO, is gonna be the difference in this game....I look for him to have god numbers, and he's a critical 3rd down player for the PATS

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

To understand prop bets - it is wise to understand what is needed to win on both sides of the ball.

Ways that the Giants will win or cover!

To beat the perfect New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, the New York Giants will have to play a near-perfect game. Here's an early look at where they must shine the most:

Touchdowns instead of field goals: If we learned anything from New England's playoff victories against Jacksonville and San Diego, it's that kicking field goals is no match when the other team is kicking extra points. The Chargers were atrocious in the red zone in the AFC title game, failing to score a touchdown on three trips inside the Pats' 15-yard line. The Giants weren't great in the Green Bay red zone, but they did score two touchdowns in five trips.

Keep running the ball: New York's rushing attack ranked fourth in the NFL during the regular season at 134.3 yards per game. The Giants have done a nice job of maintaining that pace in three postseason victories (108 per game). Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has struck a balance between battering Brandon Jacobs (three postseason rushing touchdowns) and the quicker, change-of-pace style of Ahmad Bradshaw (16 carries, 63 yards, one touchdown vs. the Packers). Running the ball successfully will help freeze New England's aging linebackers and open up the passing game even more.

Stay hot (and cool), Eli: In the regular season, Giants quarterback Eli Manning completed 56 percent of his passes for 3,336 yards, 23 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a passer rating of 73.9. In the postseason, he has hit 62 percent, thrown four touchdowns and no interceptions, and his 99.2 rating is better than Tom Brady's. Manning's stats weren't eye-opening against Green Bay, but he gave his big receivers, Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer, chances to make plays by putting the ball in catchable spots. Even bigger, he didn't make the crucial mistake that Brett Favre did.

Front seven front and center: The defense that led the NFL in sacks during the regular season didn't have any against the Packers, but Favre felt heat during the subzero conditions, no question. Both his interceptions, including the game-changing one in overtime, came under duress. That's the kind of pressure Brady needs to feel. There is no more dangerous sight in sports than No. 12 looking cozy in the pocket with time to survey his second, third and fourth reads. And Lord help the Giants if Laurence Maroney (122 yards in both playoff games) finds his groove. The guy has been a terror in the postseason. The Giants have to reduce the threat of either the Pats' running or passing game. Good luck.

Secondary tackling is primary: When the Patriots do complete passes, Giants linebackers and defensive backs have to be sure with their tackling. All season — and certainly against the Jaguars and Chargers in the postseason — Brady was more than happy to hit underneath receivers when the deep ball wasn't there. That's because Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Kevin Faulk and all the rest excel at making defenders miss and getting yards after the catch.

Stat: Randy Moss caught one pass in each playoff game, and the Pats had two-score leads in the fourth quarter in both.
        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Here's my favorite one

Will either QB pass for 300+ yards?
          Yes -150

Spearit---this is by far my favorite.....If Giants fall behind, and Manning has to start throwing, or vice versa, one of em, if not both will exceed 300 yds passing.....IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Sightings:
            TNT SUPER BOWL XLII - TEAM TO SC 1ST VS FINAL RESULT
            [242] GIANTS SCORE 1ST & LOSES GAME +800 - 25/200

That is a great wager. Where did you find this Spear? I could not find anything like it on Pinnacle. Good luck!

Comment

First play of the game will be - Pass -120 I like this one the best. Especially if New England gets the ball first. Last time out the Giants threw threw threw and New England only throws so I see this as a great wager.

Longest reception - Jacobs or Maroney Maroney +180

# of Giants to catch a pass - Under 6.5

# of Patriots to have a rushing attempt - Under 3.5

Kevin Faulk Over 47 yards rushing and receiving.
              NFL System - Year 1
              Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
              Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
              Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
              Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
              Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
              Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
              Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
              Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
              Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
              Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment