Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Super Bowl Prop Bets- Add if you like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Super Bowl Prop Bets- Add if you like!

I came upon these prop bets by Jeff Frank, Sports Analyst and I see that the dog odds are really providing some value here. I would like to know others opinions as this would lend to some value that would not usually be found in a game.

Ten Super Bowl prop bets

The Super Bowl is a few days away and that means a myriad of betting opportunities to boggle the mind. The gamut of wagers run from the logical - total pass completions by Tom Brady - to the absurd - will Don Shula be on the field to shake Bill Belichick's hand after the game? By the way, the odds say no to the latter, and by a wide margin at -300.

Most casual bettors stay clear of the prop bets, concentrating on the simple point spread and over/under numbers. Nevertheless, there might be a few hidden gems out there, if one has the time to deliberate over the multitude of possibilities.

In order to profit from these "side" gambles, one must either go with conventional wisdom and pound favorites into submission, hoping to win more than 70% of the total bets to just make it worthwhile, or tackle the wagers on a purely intellectual basis using a pre-existing thought process on how the game will develop. I usually tend to focus on the latter.

With that in mind, I analyzed each wagering opportunity as if my last penny depended on the outcome. I decided to stay clear of 50-50 type bets, such as the coin toss and if Eli Manning's total passing yards will be an even or odd number. These types of wagers are for those who feel they must have action on anything and everything. On the contrary, I tended to concentrate on which potential bets would present the highest possible chance of success.

When scanning the list of available wagers, I couldn't get past how a large majority of them are slanted towards the Patriots. True, the team is favored by double digits to win the game, but when dealing with selective individual prop bets, the spread is virtually meaningless.

(1*) For example, in regards to which player, Wes Welker or Plaxico Burress, will be the first to catch a pass, Welker is -200 while Burress stands at +160. It doesn't take a genius to figure out whichever player's team gets the ball first has a much higher chance at nailing the first reception. If the G-Men win the coin toss and elect to receive, I'm looking at a very respectful 8-5 odds that Burress will land a reception on the opening drive.

Conversely, laying 2-1 on Welker, not knowing whether or not the Pats' offense is going to be on the field first, is truly mind-blowing.
    (2*) The same logic stands in Randy Moss vs. Amani Toomer. The NFL's touchdown leader is -180 while New York's possession receiver is at +150.

I advise all of my readers to run with both Burress (+160) and Toomer (+150) in these two wagers.

With two of the 10 bets already spoken for, it's time now to tackle the bulk of the action with team bets.

(3*) The two strongest plays of the evening revolve around Lawrence Tynes. The NFC championship game hero was a perfect 8-for-8 during the regular season between 40-49 yards, while Stephen Gostkowski only attempted five from 40 and out the entire season, and only three in the last 12 games.

That being said, the Giants, more specifically Tynes, are favored to kick the longest field goal of the game and the line stands at -125.

The difference in the spread (the Pats and Gostkowski are at -105) has nothing to do with the kickers' abilities. The reason Tynes is a slight favorite is based on styles of coaching. The Giants and head coach Tom Coughlin would more than likely settle for a long field goal attempt rather than go for it on fourth and a few yards, while the opposite holds true for Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

(4*) The other top play, in terms of the kicking game is to take the over at -105 in regards to the longest FG of the game, which is set at 44 ½ yards.

(5*) The total number of touchdowns is positioned at six, with the over favored at -135. It isn't a stretch to think the Giants can score three TDs on the Pats, especially since they put up a five-spot on them the last week of the regular season. In addition, the G-Men have racked up three or more touchdowns in four of their last five games.

Will New England's offense just roll over and die? Not on your life! This team will easily hit paydirt on at least three occasions, which means my *fifth major prop play is the OVER.

(6*)Interestingly enough, New York's over/under is three touchdowns, so the sixth best bet is to lay the -125 and take the OVER here as well.

(7*) Here's an interesting wager: will the team that scores first win the game? If you bet yes and lose, prepare to drop a pretty penny at -240. It's obvious the oddsmakers think the Patriots will be the team to put up points first.

What happens if the Giants stop New England's first drive and come right back with a FG or a TD, or if Big Blue wins the toss and gets the ball first and scores? Either one of these scenarios would not surprise me in the least. On top of all that is the fact that the Patriots have failed to score first in each of their last three games, but still won all three. Take the +190 underdog odds and JUST SAY NO!

This game, like their previous encounter, should be a high-scoring affair with big plays being the norm, rather than the exception. With that in mind, it's doubtful the punters will be on the field that often,
    (8*)so in terms of total punts (7 ½) by both teams, take the UNDER at even money.

(9*) The ninth play comes from the turnover department. I'm betting the Patriots will commit more miscues than the Giants. It's interesting to note that if one were to bet on New York, he would have to risk $300 to win $100. Pretty steep considering the G-Men have won the turnover battle in all three of their postseason games. In addition, they turned the ball over only one time to New England's zero in their prior meeting. Take the Pats at +240.

(10*) last wager is another underdog play. Most experts feel the longest TD of the game will come from the Patriots, whether it's a long scamper from Laurence Maroney or a deep pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss, but don't underestimate the possibility of a long bomb from Eli Manning to Plaxico Burress. Go with New York at +155 to have the longest TD of the contest.
    Last edited by Spearit; 01-31-2008, 02:49 PM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Coin toss TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
      Coin toss TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said Superbowl not Grey Cup.

Comment

WILL THE NEW YORK GIANTS CONVERT A
        4TH DOWN ATTEMPT?
        * 4TH DOWN CONVERSION BY PENALTY DO NOT COUNT *
        Feb 03 24119 GIANTS WILL CONVERT 4TH DOWN -140
        6:20 PM 24120 GIANTS WON’T CONVERT 4TH DOWN +110
        (I think they will convert a 4th down)

WHAT WILL THE PATRIOTS DO FIRST:
        SCORE OR PUNT?
        * INCLUDES SAFETY * * OFFICIAL PUNT ONLY *
        Feb 03 24133 PATRIOTS TO SCR 1ST -150
        6:20 PM 24134 PATRIOTS TO PUNT 1ST +120
        (I think they punt)

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
          I came upon these prop bets by Jeff Frank, Sports Analyst and I see that the dog odds are really providing some value here. I would like to know others opinions as this would lend to some value that would not usually be found in a game.

Ten Super Bowl prop bets

The Super Bowl is a few days away and that means a myriad of betting opportunities to boggle the mind. The gamut of wagers run from the logical - total pass completions by Tom Brady - to the absurd - will Don Shula be on the field to shake Bill Belichick's hand after the game? By the way, the odds say no to the latter, and by a wide margin at -300.

Most casual bettors stay clear of the prop bets, concentrating on the simple point spread and over/under numbers. Nevertheless, there might be a few hidden gems out there, if one has the time to deliberate over the multitude of possibilities.

In order to profit from these "side" gambles, one must either go with conventional wisdom and pound favorites into submission, hoping to win more than 70% of the total bets to just make it worthwhile, or tackle the wagers on a purely intellectual basis using a pre-existing thought process on how the game will develop. I usually tend to focus on the latter.

With that in mind, I analyzed each wagering opportunity as if my last penny depended on the outcome. I decided to stay clear of 50-50 type bets, such as the coin toss and if Eli Manning's total passing yards will be an even or odd number. These types of wagers are for those who feel they must have action on anything and everything. On the contrary, I tended to concentrate on which potential bets would present the highest possible chance of success.

When scanning the list of available wagers, I couldn't get past how a large majority of them are slanted towards the Patriots. True, the team is favored by double digits to win the game, but when dealing with selective individual prop bets, the spread is virtually meaningless.

(1*) For example, in regards to which player, Wes Welker or Plaxico Burress, will be the first to catch a pass, Welker is -200 while Burress stands at +160. It doesn't take a genius to figure out whichever player's team gets the ball first has a much higher chance at nailing the first reception. If the G-Men win the coin toss and elect to receive, I'm looking at a very respectful 8-5 odds that Burress will land a reception on the opening drive.

Conversely, laying 2-1 on Welker, not knowing whether or not the Pats' offense is going to be on the field first, is truly mind-blowing.
          (2*) The same logic stands in Randy Moss vs. Amani Toomer. The NFL's touchdown leader is -180 while New York's possession receiver is at +150.

I advise all of my readers to run with both Burress (+160) and Toomer (+150) in these two wagers.

With two of the 10 bets already spoken for, it's time now to tackle the bulk of the action with team bets.

(3*) The two strongest plays of the evening revolve around Lawrence Tynes. The NFC championship game hero was a perfect 8-for-8 during the regular season between 40-49 yards, while Stephen Gostkowski only attempted five from 40 and out the entire season, and only three in the last 12 games.

That being said, the Giants, more specifically Tynes, are favored to kick the longest field goal of the game and the line stands at -125.

The difference in the spread (the Pats and Gostkowski are at -105) has nothing to do with the kickers' abilities. The reason Tynes is a slight favorite is based on styles of coaching. The Giants and head coach Tom Coughlin would more than likely settle for a long field goal attempt rather than go for it on fourth and a few yards, while the opposite holds true for Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

(4*) The other top play, in terms of the kicking game is to take the over at -105 in regards to the longest FG of the game, which is set at 44 ½ yards.

(5*) The total number of touchdowns is positioned at six, with the over favored at -135. It isn't a stretch to think the Giants can score three TDs on the Pats, especially since they put up a five-spot on them the last week of the regular season. In addition, the G-Men have racked up three or more touchdowns in four of their last five games.

Will New England's offense just roll over and die? Not on your life! This team will easily hit paydirt on at least three occasions, which means my *fifth major prop play is the OVER.

(6*)Interestingly enough, New York's over/under is three touchdowns, so the sixth best bet is to lay the -125 and take the OVER here as well.

(7*) Here's an interesting wager: will the team that scores first win the game? If you bet yes and lose, prepare to drop a pretty penny at -240. It's obvious the oddsmakers think the Patriots will be the team to put up points first.

What happens if the Giants stop New England's first drive and come right back with a FG or a TD, or if Big Blue wins the toss and gets the ball first and scores? Either one of these scenarios would not surprise me in the least. On top of all that is the fact that the Patriots have failed to score first in each of their last three games, but still won all three. Take the +190 underdog odds and JUST SAY NO!

This game, like their previous encounter, should be a high-scoring affair with big plays being the norm, rather than the exception. With that in mind, it's doubtful the punters will be on the field that often,
          (8*)so in terms of total punts (7 ½) by both teams, take the UNDER at even money.

(9*) The ninth play comes from the turnover department. I'm betting the Patriots will commit more miscues than the Giants. It's interesting to note that if one were to bet on New York, he would have to risk $300 to win $100. Pretty steep considering the G-Men have won the turnover battle in all three of their postseason games. In addition, they turned the ball over only one time to New England's zero in their prior meeting. Take the Pats at +240.

(10*) last wager is another underdog play. Most experts feel the longest TD of the game will come from the Patriots, whether it's a long scamper from Laurence Maroney or a deep pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss, but don't underestimate the possibility of a long bomb from Eli Manning to Plaxico Burress. Go with New York at +155 to have the longest TD of the contest.

nice work as always buddy
          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

KEVIN BOSS VS BENJAMIN WATSON
            WHO WILL SCORE A TD 1ST IN THE GAME
            Feb 03 3437 K BOSS SCORE TD 1ST +200
            6:20 PM 3438 B WATSON SCORE TD 1ST -260

I like Kevin Boss to score a TD first. Getting great odds on this one and they have been going to Boss since they started playing him. Of course if neither score, no play.

Comment

Sun 2/3 Toomer vs Welker

1st qtr most pass receiving yrd

711 Amari Toomer +128
              712 Wes Welker -144 .............I like Welker here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will any Patriots player score 2 or more Touchdown
              435 Yes -120 ....................I say YES
              436 No +100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Last edited by Kaptain; 01-31-2008, 06:16 PM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                Sun 2/3 Toomer vs Welker

1st qtr most pass receiving yrd

711 Amari Toomer +128
                712 Wes Welker -144 .............I like Welker here
                Didnt notice that one...sounds good to me Kapt!!!
                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Nice Spearit---

Comment

Sacks. Under 4.5.
                    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

jacobs under 5.5 receptions-120
                      I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Originally posted by seaofred
                        jacobs under 5.5 receptions-120
                        I like that one.* A lot.* I love the Giants as you guys may know but he has trouble catching the ball.* And unless he gets off to a great start we are going to see a lot of Bradshaw in the 2nd half.* Damn do I like that one. Thanks Red!
                        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sighting:
                          Eli Manning Pass Attempts 34.5 ov/un

He's averaging 33 on the season, and had 32 in week 17 against the Pats, including 4 touchdowns. The one thing that you always hear when people talk about an underdog winning a big game, is keeping the other team's offense off the field. IMO the Giants will do this, having two very capable backs in Jacobs and Bradshaw (both avering 5+ yds/carry) they will do their best to keep the high octane Patriots watching from the sidelines. Will they be able too? I don't know. But they will try, and that's why I think this prop is a very good bet. As far as Eli has come this year, he does not want to be the one that loses the game for his team, maybe he will prove me wrong, as he has proved most of his detractors this post-season, but sooner or later everybody comes back down to earth.
                          Last edited by Spearit; 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Sighting:
                            Don't like the juice but I love this prop
                            Will Eli Manning throw an Interception?

Yes -210

Eli has started 60 games at QB for the Giants, and is 33-27 SU in those games. He is 13-4 when he does not throw an INT, and 20-23 when he throws at least 1. Eli's last INT was in week 17 against New England.

Here are the records of teams in every playoff game of the Super Bowl Era, based upon number of INTs.

0 INT – 181-49 (.787)
                            1 INT – 136-109 (.555)
                            2 INT – 53-115 (.315)
                            3 INT – 17-76 (.183)
                            4 INT – 1-26 (.037)
                            5+ INT – 0-13 (.000)

Against the leagues higest scoring team ever, the Giants will need to score early and often to stay in it, I see Eli getting picked at least 1x.

Comment

Sightings:
                              TNT SUPER BOWL XLII - TEAM TO SC 1ST VS FINAL RESULT
                              [242] GIANTS SCORE 1ST & LOSES GAME +800 - 25/200

Amani toomer TD prop
                              Will Amani Toomer Score at least one touchdown the Yes is +200, i think i'll take a shot on this one. veteran reciever and all the attention will be on Plaxico, and not bad odds.
                              Last edited by Spearit; 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X