All you Clemens haters, should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few points to consider:

-he has done everything people screamed that he should do. did interview, talked to media, filing a defamation lawsuit, says he will talk to congress under oath.

-the whole thing of him being defensive: how else would he act? he has a 25 year career as one of if not the best pitcher of all time now being questioned and tarnished by statements he says are untrue. if i was him, i'd be defensive too. don't really know what else people expect....

-nobody gives him the benefit of the doubt, just like they didn't when he was implicated by the LA times last year. that story was false, but you rarely hear anything about that.

-lie detector test. no attorney in their right mind would ever let a client take one of these. they can be very inaccurate, and can be failed just because someone is very nervous.

-the feds pushed for clemens name in the grimsley case but never got it. obviously they pushed for his name here too, and mcnamee finally gave it up when faced with jail time. is it that far fetched to think he got desparate and finally told them what they wanted to hear to avoid jail time?

-canseco: a guy who is willing to throw anyone under the bus, has said numerous times that there was no way clemens did it, and they played together 3 separate times (bos, tor, nyy). canseco also refutes that these conversations in the report between he, clemens, mcnamee never happened. also curious how mitchell will take mcnamee at his word (when pressured), but never even corroborates the story with canseco, the self proclaimed god father of steriods.

-bottom line is that we have one guys word against anothers. who's lying??? who knows, and we never will unless something drastic happens.

nobody gave the benefit of the doubt when the LA times story broke, and look what happened, everyone was wrong. not saying he's innocent here, but wow, talk about throwing someone under the bus because of one guys claims.

and i will freely admit that i am one of the biggest clemens fans there is. and honestly, i could care less if he (or anyone else) took steriods- a stance i have been very consistent with even before the mitchell report came out.

Comment

Guess I just dont believe that the United State Federal Government has it out for Roger Clemens. Why? Why would they? Somebody has to answer that or they are doing the same thing they are accusing the Roger detractors as doing. Why Clemens and not AROD or Puljos or Greg Maddux or a host of other amazing players? Is the government just pissed off at Roger? Is that it? It makes no sense. And keep in mind that EVERYTHING McNamee has said so far has turned out to be true.
      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Then we can move over to Hockey and get Sid the Kid involved. Then football with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Move over to the hardwood and they can accuse Dwayne Wade, Tracey McGrady and throw Steve Nash in there too. Just doesnt make sense, this conspiracy theory. The guy is guilty as sin.
        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
          The guy is guilty as sin.

says who? one guy???

guilty just like he was guilty in the LA time story???

Comment

Guilty as like McNamee has no reason to lie guilty. If he was going to lie about anything IMO it would be in favor of Roger, not against him.

And yea, for now its just ONE guy. But this deal is far from over. And I also disagree that we will never know. I do believe we will. Either McNamee will admit he lied or a proponderance of the evidence will show Roger is guilty. I firmly believe that to be true. We are in the infant stages of all this and Roger planning to testify to Congress doesnt change my opinion. Nor does his refusal to take a lie detector as I am in complete agreement with you Molta on that one.

Comment

Working...
            X