WOW Urbie Meyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musclemann
    NOW IF THIS WAS TIM TEBOW CALLING OUT URBAN MEYER (BECAUSE OF PLAY CALLS)IM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE WITH HIM.

DOUBLE STANDARDS, GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!
    Did Meyer call out an individual? No...HUGE difference MM! If Urban ripped Tebow by name, he would be out of line.

So explain to me again where thedouble standard is???
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
      Did Meyer call out an individual? No...HUGE difference MM! If Urban ripped Tebow by name, he would be out of line.

So explain to me again where thedouble standard is???
      They can't explain it. They hate Meyer and that is the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
        If you dont have a problem with a college coach making millions of dollars a year saying what he said about a bunch of 22 year olds then you are absolutely crazy. That was the most ridiculous, thoughtless statement I have ever heard and should never be said about a student athlete. I watched every second of that game at no point could you say Florida was putting in effort. IMO, Mr. Meyer rested on his laurels from last year with his victory of Ohio State and didnt coach them up or install the right game plan. They were out executed and out coached but not our efforted and ADULT coaches can not make statements like that. These are kids. Huge, strong, future millionaire kids, but KIDS nonetheless. He was trying to push blame off because he didnt recruit this senior class, but I recall he took a whole bunch of credit last year didnt he? How anyone could say those comments are okay is crazy to me.
        PUSH BLAME? Did you read is post game quotes? He blamed the coaches and himself for the loss!!!! 3, as an FSU fan, you hate everything Gator and that is understandable, I am a Noles fan too (but not an alum).

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
          PUSH BLAME? Did you read is post game quotes? He blamed the coaches and himself for the loss!!!! 3, as an FSU fan, you hate everything Gator and that is understandable, I am a Noles fan too (but not an alum).

Comment

Maybe Bobby Bowden should take this hard nosed approach with what is going on down there lately .......

Comment

Shouldnt say that about the kids.. They are the same kids on the team who got him a NC last year.

Comment

If you dont have a problem with a college coach making millions of dollars a year saying what he said about a bunch of 22 year olds then you are absolutely crazy. That was the most ridiculous, thoughtless statement I have ever heard and should never be said about a student athlete. I watched every second of that game at no point could you say Florida was putting in effort. IMO, Mr. Meyer rested on his laurels from last year with his victory of Ohio State and didnt coach them up or install the right game plan. They were out executed and out coached but not our efforted and ADULT coaches can not make statements like that. These are kids. Huge, strong, future millionaire kids, but KIDS nonetheless. He was trying to push blame off because he didnt recruit this senior class, but I recall he took a whole bunch of credit last year didnt he? How anyone could say those comments are okay is crazy to me.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

HE IS AN ARROGANT PIECE OF CRAP AND THIS COMMENT WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT HIM.

BEEN READING TO MUCH OF HIS PRESS CLIPPINGS I GUESS.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  Maybe Bobby Bowden should take this hard nosed approach with what is going on down there lately .......
                  I wish he would!

Comment

I am not responding to what he said in a post game conference other than what was posted in this thread. If he blamed himself, well, he should have. And even if some seniors should be blamed I can understand that. But you dont say it. No way. Sets a horrible precedent. Is he the first coach ever to be pissed off he lost? Pro coaches dont even throw their players under the bus like that, sans Mr. Van Gundy of course, but pro players are paid to handle that. These are college kids. That man rose to the top of the coaching ranks super quick. And probably deservibly so. And as much as it was the system, its also the players. Tebow won two or three games for him singlehandedly this year alone. So when you fail, dont publicly blame the kids for not trying and "having no value". Are you kidding with that? I am a Noles fan. But I did respect Urban Meyer so much til I heard that. And I still do respect him because he is a hell of a coach. But he dropped a couple pegs as far as I am concerned.
                    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Bobby Bowden went out and didnt blame suspensions or anything else. Bobby Bowden is a winner and did more than Urban Meyer could ever do for the game of college football. Cant win every year, but Bobby Bowden has put together a streak that nobody has come close to. Im sure some teams will, but til then Wayne, maybe you should focus your argument on somebody other than one of the greatest football coaches in history.
                      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I agree with everything you say...only part is most college athletes never sniff the pros....guess they were his lazy juniors who put forth effort when they won but now they are lazy and he cant get rid of them son enough? Well thats just great coach but what good does it serve to say it out in the open?

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          They can't explain it. They hate Meyer and that is the bottom line.
                          I dont hate Meyer at all...I think he is a great coach...I just dont agree with publicly calling out players...makes no sense and serves zero purpose....maybe he just goofed in the heat of the moment

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                            I dont hate Meyer at all...I think he is a great coach...I just dont agree with publicly calling out players...makes no sense and serves zero purpose....maybe he just goofed in the heat of the moment

PEACE
                            never call the players out in front of the camera shame on him for doing that.............wow

and mcp bobby knight would have choked his kids

but they always come back to him i wonder why
                            rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969
                              never call the players out in front of the camera shame on him for doing that.............wow

and mcp bobby knight would have choked his kids

but they always come back to him i wonder why
                              Bobby Knight chokes them because he loves them

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                                Bobby Knight chokes them because he loves them

PEACE
                                yup but others dont understand great night for us pal cya tomarrow and happy new yrs to ya
                                rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X