WOW Urbie Meyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
    Any senior on the way out should feel slighted by that comment.....you just dont say that about your players whether he recruited them or not. They wear the Florida jersey and they play for free......no need to jack them

PEACE
    I'm sure those know who they are and they should thank him for not mentioning their names because they probably got a free ride for 4 years and were lazy or uninspired the whole time. We don't know. He didn't say this last year and those were not his seniors either. Maybe he did have some bad apples and when you get 4 years paid at UF, it is just as good as getting paid!

Comment

Any senior on the way out should feel slighted by that comment.....you just dont say that about your players whether he recruited them or not. They wear the Florida jersey and they play for free......no need to jack them

PEACE
      PIMP YOUR RIGH IT WAS A LOW CLASS MOVE BY A LOW CLASS INDIVIDUAL.

HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE STICK UP FOR THIS PRICK SAYING THIS CRAP.

THIS IS THE SAME TEAM (PLAYERS HE DIDNT RECRUIT) THAT WON HIM A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR.

GOOD CALL MCP.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
        PIMP YOUR RIGH IT WAS A LOW CLASS MOVE BY A LOW CLASS INDIVIDUAL.

HOW THE HELL COULD ANYONE STICK UP FOR THIS PRICK SAYING THIS CRAP.

THIS IS THE SAME TEAM (PLAYERS HE DIDNT RECRUIT) THAT WON HIM A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR.

GOOD CALL MCP.
        Maybe they won the title because of Meyer.

Comment

Wayne like I said honesty is refreshing but this guy cant just say whats on his mind....who does he think he is Bobby Knight? Bobby Knight wouldnt even slam his guys like that....he wouldve choked them long ago

PEACE

Comment

He was being interviewed by Steve Babik and Babik asked him how he felt about saying good bye to to the seniors.

Comment

PEACE
              AND BETTER YET HIS JUNIORS ARE WATCHING HIM THROW THEIR TEAM MEMBERS UNDER THE BUS?

YEAH THAT WOULD INSPIRE ME NEXT YEAR.

THIS GUY MAKES 4-5 MILLION A YEAR BECAUSE THESE GUYS GO OUT BUSTS THEIR ASSES IN IN SPRING BALL, 2 A DAYS, FIGHT THROUGH INJURIES

AND HE SAYS THIS SHIT.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIS BUTT GO SUIT UP OUT THERE.

Comment

Wayne like I said honesty is refreshing but this guy cant just say whats on his mind....who does he think he is Bobby Knight? Bobby Knight wouldnt even slam his guys like that....he wouldve choked them long ago

PEACE
                I wish MORE Coaches spoke their mind. I'm so sick of every coach and their politically correct speaches, it's sickening. If you are not earning the free degree given to you, than you should be called out. These guys who know how to play football get more oppurtunities than 99% of people out there. Why baby them because of it?
                Last edited by wayne1218; 01-01-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

AND BETTER YET HIS JUNIORS ARE WATCHING HIM THROW THEIR TEAM MEMBERS UNDER THE BUS?

THIS GUY MAKES 4-5 MILLION A YEAR BECAUSE THESE GUYS GO OUT BUSTS THEIR ASSES IN IN SPRING BALL, 2 A DAYS, FIGHT THROUGH INJURIES

AND HE SAYS THIS SHIT.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIS BUTT GO SUIT UP OUT THERE.
                  Was bad taste to say the least....chew them out in private and if they really are lazy assholes then suspend them for the bowl game but makes zero sense to say this crap after a loss and out in the open for the press and the public to have a field day with it.....Loyd Carr would never in his life make a comment like this in the open

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    I wish MORE Coaches spoke their mind. I'm so sick of every coach and their politically correct speaches, it's sickening. If you are not earning the free degree given to you, than you should be called out. These guys who know how to play football get more opputunities than 99% of people out there. Why baby them because of it?

You just dont chew your kids out in public...makes zero sense and serves no purpose...its rather self serving.....if he really felt that way then why are they on his team?

PEACE

Comment

Geez, I didn't realize you were in the locker room everyday and understood the team's mental state!

How do you know he isn't talking about 3 or 4 3rd string guys that didn't play? Perhaps the whole team felt this way about whomever he is referring to? We don't know....and, I will admit I don't follow every Urban Meyer press conference but I don't recall him trashing anyone else. Actually, I hae Flrida bt always thought he handled himself with class. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he understands the pulse of his team better than any of us internet bloggers, as shocking as that may be to some of us.....
                      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

You just dont chew your kids out in public...makes zero sense and serves no purpose...its rather self serving.....if he really felt that way then why are they on his team?

PEACE
                        Who did he chew out in public pimp? Give me names?? I'm sure most of his seniors know first hand how much he appreciates them.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          I wish MORE Coaches spoke their mind. I'm so sick of every coach and their politically correct speaches, it's sickening. If you are not earning the free degree given to you, than you should be called out. These guys who know how to play football get more oppurtunities than 99% of people out there. Why baby them because of it?
                          '

WHAT ABOUT URBAN MEYER?

HE IS REAPING MILLIONS BECAUSE OF THESE KIDS AND RIPS THEM TO SHREDS?

IM SORRY WAYNE BUT HE IS WAY OUT OF LINE JUST LIKE WHEN PLAYERS CALL OUT THEIR COACHES IN PUBLIC.

THIS ISNT EVEN CLOSE. GOODLUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR BOWL PLAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                            Geez, I didn't realize you were in the locker room everyday and understood the team's mental state!

How do you know he isn't talking about 3 or 4 3rd string guys that didn't play? Perhaps the whole team felt this way about whomever he is referring to? We don't know....and, I will admit I don't follow every Urban Meyer press conference but I don't recall him trashing anyone else. Actually, I hae Flrida bt always thought he handled himself with class. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he understands the pulse of his team better than any of us internet bloggers, as shocking as that may be to some of us.....

NOW IF THIS WAS TIM TEBOW CALLING OUT URBAN MEYER (BECAUSE OF PLAY CALLS)IM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE WITH HIM.

DOUBLE STANDARDS, GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!

Comment

'

WHAT ABOUT URBAN MEYER?

HE IS REAPING MILLIONS BECAUSE OF THESE KIDS AND RIPS THEM TO SHREDS?

IM SORRY WAYNE BUT HE IS WAY OUT OF LINE JUST LIKE WHEN PLAYERS CALL OUT THEIR COACHES IN PUBLIC.

THIS ISNT EVEN CLOSE. GOODLUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR BOWL PLAYS.
                              Matter of opinion. Calling out a coach is directing an individual, this wasn't. Big difference. You are like the guy who liked CFB when they didn't call out the guys number on penalties because they didn't want to embarrass them. Give me a break.

Comment

If you dont have a problem with a college coach making millions of dollars a year saying what he said about a bunch of 22 year olds then you are absolutely crazy. That was the most ridiculous, thoughtless statement I have ever heard and should never be said about a student athlete. I watched every second of that game at no point could you say Florida was putting in effort. IMO, Mr. Meyer rested on his laurels from last year with his victory of Ohio State and didnt coach them up or install the right game plan. They were out executed and out coached but not our efforted and ADULT coaches can not make statements like that. These are kids. Huge, strong, future millionaire kids, but KIDS nonetheless. He was trying to push blame off because he didnt recruit this senior class, but I recall he took a whole bunch of credit last year didnt he? How anyone could say those comments are okay is crazy to me.
                                "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X