Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Worst beats in history

Guys,

In the spriit of the Tennessee meltdown in which I had them and the under and got fucked in OT I want to start a thread about beatdowns.

I want to hear about the old war stories in the past with gambling worst beatdowns. We here have all had some of the worst beats as well as luckiest wins in history.

I want to share my two all-time worst beatdowns

These go back 10-20 years and I am not sure of the other teams involved, so many bets ago!

Worst Beatdown #2:

The football game involved Airforce something like (-8-) and I had a big bet on it, that much I remember, probably 20 years ago or so. Anyway, they are laying 8 and a half points and are up by 2 points with the other team lining up for a possible game-winning FG with like 20 seconds left.

I have written it off fo a loss when the FG gets blocked and run back for a TD!!! All I need is the extra point!!

The fans storm the field and climb the goal post causing it to be ripped down. The officials call the game over with like 10 seconds remaining in the game. I am left in fetal position on the floor after punch out the sofa.

Worst Beat down #1:

Again, ths could have been 15-20 years ago, I should try and look this up because it was played in LasVegas.

It may have been something like the LasVegas Bowl or a conference Chp. Anyway, one of the teams was UNLV (football). I do not quite remember the score but it was a night game. I think I took the team that was playing against the home UNLV team and I took the over. Total was something like 47 and the game was like a pick.

First half was like what you dream for: My team is dominating all phases, blowout already - up like 42-0 just before halftime.

All of the sudden, just before halftime, the fucking lights go out in the stadium. I figure, no problem they will come back shortly after a delay. But NO, turns out they call the game off because of a power outage in the area. Later on, I heard a car was run into a transformer tower or something which supplied power to the stadium. To this day, I still think this was fixed since it happened in Vegas and all the heavy action was one the one side I happened to be one. Vegas books would have been beat bad on the game.

Anyway, I did not lose money but had two large bets on the team and the over and since it never went into the second half the game was called with no winner. No bet - no money!!

I know my details on the teams involved and lines may be off some but I would like to know how to research and find the history on those particular games, anyone know how?? Again these were 15-20 years ago.

Ok - lets here some of your war stories!
    Last edited by flarendep1; 12-10-2007, 04:54 PM.
    NBA is a joke

Duhon's meaningless 3 pointer from mid-court off the glass in the NCAA tourney about 3 years ago to screw me from my UCONN cover....

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

UUUGGGH!! That hurts.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
        Duhon's meaningless 3 pointer from mid-court off the glass in the NCAA tourney about 3 years ago to screw me from my UCONN cover....

LMAO i won that bet. I remember where i was. it was a sat night i was @ the tavern i work @. I made my biggest wager of the year on Duke +1.5 $500. 4 point game. uconn up Duhon banks in a 3pt as the clock expires. i couldnt believe i won.

PS that UNLV game was like 5yrs ago and it was vs. Wisconson i believe and everyone and their brother bet wisky -20 or 21 and wisky was up 42-0 @ half am pooof power outage. all bets voided. no losers but no winners.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
          LMAO i won that bet. I remember where i was. it was a sat night i was @ the tavern i work @. I made my biggest wager of the year on Duke +1.5 $500. 4 point game. uconn up Duhon banks in a 3pt as the clock expires. i couldnt believe i won.

PS that UNLV game was like 5yrs ago and it was vs. Wisconson i believe and everyone and their brother bet wisky -20 or 21 and wisky was up 42-0 @ half am pooof power outage. all bets voided. no losers but no winners.

Yes - Wisconsin!! Wasn't that long ago, Do you know what caused the power outage?? I heard it was a car or something ran into a transformer. Makes you wonder....................
          NBA is a joke

Comment

I remember exactly where I was too....I was at my buddies house watching the game in his room with me and his girlfriend....we were standing up, celebrating the win and I can picture that shit like it was yesterday....off the fuckin GLASS and in....my stomach dropped to the floor and we both almost punched holes in the wall cause it was when were both young and stupid gamblers and we both had WAY MORE than we could afford to lose on them.....I think we split like all our allowances on it...

Comment

That Wisconsin game was in 2003. Wisconsin was -6.5 and they were up 24-7 in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes and change left and the lights supposedly went out??? It was a set up deal believe me.

As for Duhon's 3, that was a killer for me, I lost -$1100 on that with Uconn -1.5!!
              Good,Honest Handicapping. Florida Tebow 24-Oklahoma Bradford 14, Jan 09'

Comment

Originally posted by Powerplaypicks
                That Wisconsin game was in 2003. Wisconsin was -6.5 and they were up 24-7 in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes and change left and the lights supposedly went out??? It was a set up deal believe me.

As for Duhon's 3, that was a killer for me, I lost -$1100 on that with Uconn -1.5!!
                True.

Wisconsin had commanding lead with just over 7 minutes left, and Vegas rules state the game has to complete 55 minutes to be official, so it was a little over two minutes short of being a winner.

Still, whenever I hear these bad-beat stories, it always amazes me that very few ever chime in to say they had UNLV and had a miracle "good Beat" win because of the flukish ending.
                You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Thanks for the info on that game, I thought it was like halftime and the lead was even larger. Still sucks and it was fixed. Yes the Wisconsin fans all traveled in and bet them heavy I guess. Vegas got the last laugh those bastards.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Worst one was Humanitarian Bowl 2002 between Iowas State and Boise State. I took ISU + 11 1/2 points. Boise is up 27-16 and IS turns it over on their own 35, less than 1 minute and no time outs. Instead of kneeling, Boise State throws to the endzone 3 times and finally scores. Up by 11, ISU no time outs and Coach Hawkins is running it up. Never forget it

Close second:

Can't remember exact year, but it was soon after college instituted overtime. It was 2 PAC 10 teams and I was getting 12 1/2 points. Game went to OT and the favored team scored a TD in the 1st overtime. First play from scrimmage, the qb throws a pick 6 and I lose by 13 points in OT, catching 12 1/2.

Both instances I took 2 weeks off, but as you can see, I still remember

Comment

I was at the Wisconsin and UNLV game and the lights went out with about 6 minutes left in the game. Vegas rules is game needs to be within 5 min of end of game for bets to count.

A Lot of pissed off Badger fans at the ticket window.

Worst beat of all time was Buffalo was playing NE and NE was a 3 1/2 favorite and I was on Buffalo big. Buffalo's up 4 points with one last play by NE. NE scores a TD on a questionable call.

NO PROBLEM, kick extra point and I win by the hook. The idiot of all time Wade Phillips (head coach of Buffalo) pulls the team off the field as NE is ready to snap the extra point. BUffalo leaves and is walking into the tunnel as NE calls TO. NE comes out and hikes the ball to kicker who walks across goal line for a 1/2 point cover for NE

TRY TO TOP THAT........

Later
                      Last edited by BadgerJoe; 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM.
                      BadgerJoe
                      Life's a gamble, hold out for nickle juice!

Comment

I remember a few of these games you guys have described. I remember being on the right side of that Duke game, and feeling too guilty since Duke had been up for quite a while. Worst ending I remember in a FB game was one of those Wed/Thurs nite CFB games. The stud QB for the favorite was hurt, so everyone was on the dog at like +10 or 11. It was a horrible game, maybe 7-0 with less than a minute left--the fav had the ball and ran a roll-out, simply looking to kill the clock. The QB was about to slide, then realized no one was near him---then ran 50 yards UNTOUCHED into the endzone. Ran is a generous description btw, this guy couldn't have run the 50 yards in less than 8 seconds I swear. Does anyone remember this game? It was a true degenerate special---mid week small college game, and I swear the wholedefense had money on the fav. (Probably a MAC game)

Comment

Originally posted by celtics72
                          I remember a few of these games you guys have described. I remember being on the right side of that Duke game, and feeling too guilty since Duke had been up for quite a while. Worst ending I remember in a FB game was one of those Wed/Thurs nite CFB games. The stud QB for the favorite was hurt, so everyone was on the dog at like +10 or 11. It was a horrible game, maybe 7-0 with less than a minute left--the fav had the ball and ran a roll-out, simply looking to kill the clock. The QB was about to slide, then realized no one was near him---then ran 50 yards UNTOUCHED into the endzone. Ran is a generous description btw, this guy couldn't have run the 50 yards in less than 8 seconds I swear. Does anyone remember this game? It was a true degenerate special---mid week small college game, and I swear the wholedefense had money on the fav. (Probably a MAC game)
                          I think I vaguely remember this game too man...was the QB wearing a black jersey and he ran up the middle for like 60 yards untouched by anyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini
                            Worst one was Humanitarian Bowl 2002 between Iowas State and Boise State. I took ISU + 11 1/2 points. Boise is up 27-16 and IS turns it over on their own 35, less than 1 minute and no time outs. Instead of kneeling, Boise State throws to the endzone 3 times and finally scores. Up by 11, ISU no time outs and Coach Hawkins is running it up. Never forget it

Close second:

Can't remember exact year, but it was soon after college instituted overtime. It was 2 PAC 10 teams and I was getting 12 1/2 points. Game went to OT and the favored team scored a TD in the 1st overtime. First play from scrimmage, the qb throws a pick 6 and I lose by 13 points in OT, catching 12 1/2.

Both instances I took 2 weeks off, but as you can see, I still remember
                            I think one of the teams was UCLA.

Comment

AZ wildcats playing ???, 1 point away from covering with 15 sec left. Luke Walton steals at midcourt, and misses a breakaway dunk. Was a 3-0 break, and after miss, pulled back to midcourt for a dribble out.

Comment

Working...
                              X