Torre turned down the deal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    I hear rumors that the Mets would LOVE to have Torre and they feel like they could "Stick it" to the Yankees if they signed Him and steal the "Front Page". I would LOVE to see him go to the Mets ... Just to see the city turn upside down. ESPN Radio stated that NYC is totally about keeping Torre in every poll that has been done because of how much they love him. If he went to the Mets, what kind of a Buzz would that bring? WOW!
    I think all things considered, Torre is still a very good manager-he is smart, rational and even keeled and has the respect of all the players.
    Steinbrenner is too pigheaded and stubborn to realize/remember(assuming he can remember anything any more) that he is the freaking idiot behind many of these absurd out of control salaries on the Yankees, and that amount of salaries paid does NOT always translate into WS won.
    Joe is entitled to what he has rightfully earned since he took over, and very little of the blame for not winning WS for a few years lies with him;look at yourself in the mirror Georgie, and assuming you still recognize your own face, think hard as to who "maybe" is to blame.

Comment

If Boston loses tonight...Francona will be fired and Torre will replace him.

On the other hand....without Torre, yankees wont make the playoffs for another 20 years...ITS OVER!!! ITS OVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
        If Boston loses tonight...Francona will be fired and Torre will replace him.

On the other hand....without Torre, yankees wont make the playoffs for another 20 years...ITS OVER!!! ITS OVER!!
        No way Doc. The Sox are happy only paying Tito 1.6 Million.

Comment

Oh, i agree wayne...but the nation will have a different word... All i hear is that tito is a lousy manager and should be fired... I actually think he's done a good job

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            No way Doc. The Sox are happy only paying Tito 1.6 Million.
            I wonder if Sox are "happy" in retrospect about what they paid Matsuzaka, Lugo and Drew.

Comment

Working...
            X