Who will win the World Series ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tech fan
    gotta like the Rockies i think.They are Playing great baseball right now beating Peavy and Hamels so we will see what they do to Webb if they sweep Arizona gotta be the favorites.Never seen a team on this type of roll before this late into the season.
    Totally agree Tech Fan. They just seem to have that team of destiny thing going for them too. Voting a playoff share to Coolbaugh's wife helps them in that karma department too!

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99
      Voting a playoff share to Coolbaugh's wife helps them in that karma department too!
      Now that was a classy move! You are right, Hokie. If that move doesn't bring positive karma I don't know what does.

Comment

red sox easily

Comment

RedSux

Comment

Originally posted by ICD55
            This reminds me of a comment that I heard on the TV last night. As a long time Indian fan, I really liked our changes against anybody in the playoffs with the CC & Carmona 1-2 punch. Little did I know the hitting was going to come to life against a far inferior starting rotation in NY. Savage gave the Indians a 10% chance of beating the Yankees in a previous quote and predicted the Yankees in a sweep. He also said they had a slightly better chance against the Red Sox.

Nothing personal against you savage, but it just reminded me how little respect the Indians got from some of the East Coast mentality. Even though they finished tied with the best record in baseball with the Red Sox. Then all you heard was EVERYONE wanted to see a Red Sox vs Yankees ALCS again. I highly doubt anyone outside of the NY/NE metro area gave 2 shits about seeing another Yankee/Red Sox ALCS.

So back to the comment... After watching the Indians win in convincing style, 3 games to 1, I couldn't get enough of the post game wrap up. I was switching channels and was on the Yankee network called YES. There was Paul O'Neil and Michael Kay trying to figure out what happened, etc. Then Micahel Kay says something like... "I don't understand how the Yankees lost this series. Still on paper, they are much better team than the Indians."

I didn't know whether to laugh or scream. What paper was this arrogant self centered single minded idiot looking at???

He went on to question how his beloved Yankees got eliminated in the first round of the playoffs 3 years in a row. I don't know pal. But in the late 90's the Indians had the best offensive stats year after year and won NO World Series rings becuase they didn't have the starting pitching. The D'backs won the WS because they had the 1-2 combo of Johnson & Schilling.

All biased aside, the Indians can win it all with CC & Carmona in these 7 games series. ON PAPER, they are better than Beckett and Schilling!

GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!
            what paper are sabathia and carmona better???

the regular season paper maybe, but have you seen beckett and schillings post season record....

And like you said earlier....on paper means nothing.....

It is anyones series....slight lean to the sox for experience and better lineup...and pen

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
              what paper are sabathia and carmona better???

the regular season paper maybe, but have you seen beckett and schillings post season record....

And like you said earlier....on paper means nothing.....

It is anyones series....slight lean to the sox for experience and better lineup...and pen
              love the unbiased opinions

Comment

the indians are hiting the ball a lot better then the red sox , boston hiting has been a joke for the past two months they are so dependent of their superior pitching however i sse a even macthed pitcching duel sabathia and carmona are great rigth now i cant see the sox wining the ALCS and in the word series any team can win

Comment

dbacks arent getting much respect because they dont deserve much respect. the nl has been weak all year and the dbacks are proof with the best record in the nl, along with the lowest team batting avg in the league.

as of right now I think the ALCS is a coin flip and the NLCS is all about the rox.
                  we all know about colorados lineup with helton, holliday, hawpe, atkins, even tulowitzki, matsui and torrealba have been productive.
                  but their bullpen and team defense is underrated. that team has taken off ever since they moved brian fuentes to setup and gave corpas the closers job.

Comment

The Cubs Sure Won't
                    jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

ROCKIES BET ON IT ,SAVE YOUR MONEY BETTING ON THE OTHER TEAMS THEY ARE ON THE SAME RUN THE PISS POOR CARDINALS WERE LAST YEAR,,,GlLLLLLL
                      GETER DONE PEACE
                      U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
                      THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                      BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                        Zona

Comment

$100 says they beat the Rockies, and if they do, I'll give you a chance to double or nothing it vs. the AL?

Comment

Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              Thats exactly what I was saying to KB....
                              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                                $100 says they beat the Rockies, and if they do, I'll give you a chance to double or nothing it vs. the AL?
                                Seriously? Your on...let me know.....
                                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X