Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who is Loving the Yanks this afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yankees. Last night was a fluke.. No way in hell Wang will be that bad IF he gets to take the hill in his next start..

Comment

Yanks still take this in 4.

Westbrook in 3 and Byrd in 4, both on the road, isn't a good thing.

Comment

Chado

Originally posted by Chado1
        Yanks faced tough hard throwing lefty Sabathia in game 1. They typically dont far well against lefties and now they face a juicy righty. I know Carmona put up great regular season #'s but dont know if he has ever pitched in the post season and the Yanks CLOBBER righties. Ill take the veteran Pettitte IN A PLAYOFF GAME over a 24 year old anyday....
        Many a 24 year old is way more mature/secure with himself than many a 40 year old veterans........

If you don't believe that, look around the MLB season, and see if some young 24 year olds, at pitching and hitting, and you'll see they fared pretty well.....

Some rookies, or youngsters have ice water in their veins, and can act accordingly......

Don't look at their ages, look at their stats, and I certainly hope you're not betting the Yanks just cause they are facing a 24 year old............

Some 24-25 year olds, are mature way ahead of their time....then they'll become even better when they're older....

Clemens, Martinez, Glavine, Maddux, are but a few who were plenty tough at 24-25 ears of age........

Like PAPI says, go with what you think......If you think the Yanks bats will carry em, go with em, but for gods sake, don't choose a side just cause the pitcher is young......kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Mac

Originally posted by TMAC951
          Yankees. Last night was a fluke.. No way in hell Wang will be that bad IF he gets to take the hill in his next start..

so says, a totaly bias "Die Hard" Yankee fan......Pitchers streaks, good or bad, don't usually come and go every other game.....If they're in a good rhythm, look for 2-4 good games in a row.....If they go funk, look for 1-3 bad ones in a row.........There was a reason for his funkiness.....Timing, rhythm, tired arm, follow through, delivery etc.....unfortunately the teams usually find out about these things after a few bad outings, pitchers don't voluntarily say when things are wrong.....they want their rotation.....IMO

I know you love them Yanks, so GL to ya......but that sure was an emphatic statement.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
            Like PAPI says, go with what you think......If you think the Yanks bats will carry em, go with em, but for gods sake, don't choose a side just cause the pitcher is young......kapt
            Definately didnt take the Yanks because Carmona is young...
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

The Kaptain is right about this, especially in post-season.

Examples: Suppan pitching way over his head last year for the Cardinals in post season, ditto for Contreras of the White Sox two years ago.

On the other hand, remember Kim's meltdown for the Mariners a few years back. I would tend to expect another poor effort from Wang.

Comment

Chado the Hockey Expert said
                .but WTF do I know about bases...I blow at them...
                Chado. That's one reason I posted to just take the dog every game and you should make money. I'm ahead pretty good so far. No thinking or knowledge required. Cleveland, the dog, is behind 1-0 right now, but that's nothing this early. And the kid is pitching good so far.

I hope you don't blow your hockey winnings on baseball. I follow your hockey plays because I don't know a thing about hockey and you do. You, should do the same with baseball if you really suck as you say. Regardless, good luck on all your plays today.

Comment

Originally posted by thesandman
                  Chado the Hockey Expert said

Chado. That's one reason I posted to just take the dog every game and you should make money. I'm ahead pretty good so far. No thinking or knowledge required. Cleveland, the dog, is behind 1-0 right now, but that's nothing this early. And the kid is pitching good so far.

I hope you don't blow your hockey winnings on baseball. I follow your hockey plays because I don't know a thing about hockey and you do. You, should do the same with baseball if you really suck as you say. Regardless, good luck on all your plays today.
                  I dont put HALF as much on baseball bets as I do my hockey ones trust me....

BOL to you too buddy!!!
                  SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                    The Kaptain is right about this, especially in post-season.

Examples: Suppan pitching way over his head last year for the Cardinals in post season, ditto for Contreras of the White Sox two years ago.

On the other hand, remember Kim's meltdown for the Mariners a few years back. I would tend to expect another poor effort from Wang.
                    There also is some kid named Beckett who is the only pitcher with 3 complete game post-season shutouts. That first one to defeat the Yanks in the WS is the stuff of which legends are made.

In short, don't hate cuz a kid is younger. That would be xtreme lazy capping.
                    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

I rest my case on the young Pitcher......what a showing.....

Comment

Working...
                      X