Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego got screwed!!!

What a bullshit call !!!!

If it was a regular season game fuck it. But to determine who makes the playoffs -FUCK THAT !!! And im not even a Padre fan

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK

If it was a regular season game fuck it. But to determine who makes the playoffs -FUCK THAT !!! And im not even a Padre fan
    I agree bad call. However trevor hoffman giving up two runs with no outs would piss me off if i was a pad fan

Comment

Please...the Rockies deserved that game...it's make up for the missed HR call.

Comment

Originally posted by ericeric
        Please...the Rockies deserved that game...it's make up for the missed HR call.
        Yeah, if they would have gotten that one right, there would have been no xtra innings.

Plus they would have scored anyway.

Yes the call was blown, but it all worked out the way destiny determined it would
        You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Yep...plus, at the bottom of the 13th, I bet 30 to win 300 that Trev would blow it...love in game bets. Really is the most exciting way to bet sports.

Comment

I know if you let replay into MLB its like openiing a can of worms, but with limitations. You cant use it for balls and strikes ofcourse, but in this situation they shouldve had the ability to overturn this one.

Comment

I'm not so sure it would've been overturned...and again...let's not forget that replay for sure would've overturned the HR, and Col would've won in 9.

Comment

Well I had to work late and came home searching for the f'n game and didnt realize it was on TBS! I just saw the last play.

Comment

Bottom line is the Hoffman didn't get the job done Saturday night and he didn't get the job done tonight.
                  MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

hoffman most overrated closer ever. couldn't hold mo's jockstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                      hoffman most overrated closer ever. couldn't hold mo's jockstrap.

Name 1 closer that has done what he has in 10 years period.

It happens, he is getting to the end of his career. Still, we may never have another closer to break his record. Mariano is the closest and you are know where is he is going.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK

What happen GG?

Comment

Originally posted by ericeric
                          Yep...plus, at the bottom of the 13th, I bet 30 to win 300 that Trev would blow it...love in game bets. Really is the most exciting way to bet sports.
                          All due respect....but only 10 to 1 on one of the greatest closers of all time to blow the game? I know you won, but I would think the odds would have been better. With a two run lead I would expect that to be 20 or 30 to 1 at least. Congrats!!!
                          $100/unit

They are all booger eaters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thaikarate1
                            What happen GG?
                            There was a play at the plate on a sac fly, where catcher and Holliday collided, catcher dropped ball, Holliday ruled safe. Catcher then tagged Holliday, who replays showed never touched the plate.

Inning started with Pads up 8-6, and Hoffman on. Double, double, triple, and its 8-8 , 0 out runner 3rd . Intentional walk follows. Then the fly to Giles in right. Colorado was going to find a way to win, and in fact, was robbed of a HR in the 7th when Garret Atkins hit ricocheted off of a wheelchair beyond the outfield fence and was ruled a double.

It was a bad call, but Destiny's Darlings, they of the 14-1 record in L15, were not to be denied.
                            You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Couple things....

1) San Diego never should have been in this position in the first place. Shame on Bud Black for not pitching Peavy vs an uninspired Brewers team who had ZERO to play for. He played not to lose....and got busted on it.

2) It should have been a home run that was called a double. Bad call and horrible positioning by the umpires.

3) It was another bad call at home...but if the right call is made on the home run not being called....this one doesn't matter.

Congrats to the Rockies backers and fans....and i'm sorry to the padres fans...but blame that one on your manager....that was a horrible decision IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X