No announcement yet.

Dogs on Monday night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the Old Kaptain just say something.....

Just because there is a game, and you're uncertain about a games results, have no capping feel for the game, but insist you have to play the game, then you're inviting trouble (via throwing money away)..........

Just lay off the game, or If you have no feel for it, and want to make a token (small wager), just to have one, wait for a capper you respect, or better 3 of em, and if they agree, go with them....

Discipline, spells "Winnahs" at seasons end.....know what I mean Verne........Just my un solicited opinion.....kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
      Let the Old Kaptain just say something.....

Just because there is a game, and you're uncertain about a games results, have no capping feel for the game, but insist you have to play the game, then you're inviting trouble (via throwing money away)..........

Just lay off the game, or If you have no feel for it, and want to make a token (small wager), just to have one, wait for a capper you respect, or better 3 of em, and if they agree, go with them....

Discipline, spells "Winnahs" at seasons end.....know what I mean Verne........Just my un solicited opinion.....kapt
      Great advice as usual Kaptain!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

New Englands Defense has not been tested yet, they have played the Jets, Buffalo, and San Diego(what the hell is wrong their). Tonight will be there first test defensively. Looks like the over is the public pick which scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by phonepole
          Does anyone know why the Pats, 3-0 winners by 24, 24, and 31 points, are "only" 7 point favs over the 1-2 Bengals?
          IMO the line is correct.

If the game was played at NE the line would be -13. Do you think -13 is not enough points?

Sagarin:
          NE 30.69
          Cincy 19.83 + 3.22 (Home Adv.) = 23.05

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
            wait for a capper you respect, or better 3 of em, and if they agree, go with them....
            Or if the overwhelming majority of BC members are on one side then fade the play.
            Last edited by frankb03; 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
              Or if the overwhelming majority is on one side then fade the play.
              Irrelevant.....has NOTHING to do with what is gonna happen in the game.....this is what I was talking about before Frank....100% most irrelevant thing for me is what the so called "public" is on....who gives a flying fuck......the public is all over the Jaguars tonight so the Jags are gonna be notified of this information and it is gonna change how they come out and play and the outcome of what will happen? You gotta be kidding me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                Irrelevant.....has NOTHING to do with what is gonna happen in the game.....this is what I was talking about before Frank....100% most irrelevant thing for me is what the so called "public" is on....who gives a flying fuck......the public is all over the Jaguars tonight so the Jags are gonna be notified of this information and it is gonna change how they come out and play and the outcome of what will happen? You gotta be kidding me.....
                I corrected my post. I meant if the overwhelming majority of BC members are on one side the side usually loses.

I agree with you. It's Irrelevant. It has nothing to do with tonights game. I don't adhere to that style of capping but I've been on this site long enough to know that when members are overwhelmingly on one side that side usually burns the cash.

Comment

chado in nfl in america vegas knows who the public will be on........................so fadeing the public frank is saying u will win more then u lose................that my friend is a true fact .......and frank is 100 % correct
                  rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969
                    chado in nfl in america vegas knows who the public will be on........................so fadeing the public frank is saying u will win more then u lose................that my friend is a true fact .......and frank is 100 % correct
                    In NFL, I think this may hold some ground as some profound things tend to happen mainly in this league than others I follow but to assume that this covers all aspects of betting on sports I totally disagree.....

Comment

college and nfl wagers are the biggest in the world
                      rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

After seeing all the upsets in college and pro over the weekend, I would not be surprised at all to see Cincy win this game...anything can happen - and usually does.

Comment

Tonight's game falls into the "It seems too easy" category.

Comment

some good info in this thread- i'll add my thoughts (not about tonight, just in general):

In the past, I used to buy into fading the public, bettorschat, etc etc. However, this year I have completely ignored all of this stuff, and am glad that I am. The way I look at it- unless you fade BC and/or the public EVERY GAME, EVERY PLAY, you really lose any advantage, and IMO are essentially betting twice.

The public doesn't win/lose every bet. For example, everyone in the world was on LSU week 1, and lots of people faded it for that reason and lost, as LSU rolled 45-0 in one of the easiest covers I have ever seen. I think it was more sharp to stick to your guns and take LSU even with the 'public' on it than it was to back a dog who didn't even sniff the goalline.

The whole square/sharp/public thing is getting out of control on these boards this year (especially the other board). And remember, for every 'square' out there betting $50 and laying the chalk, there are plenty of wannabe 'sharps' playing the dog 'just because of the squares' and betting $500. While it doesn't always even out (equal action isn't a reality with everygame), the books take ALL their action at +110 and are happy.

Also, these % of bets that are so popular online should be taken with a grain of salt. In terms of # of bets, a $10 bettor counts just as much as a $1000 bettor. I was in Vegas last week, and couldn't believe how many people I saw betting $10-$20 a game.

Also, I think it is much sharper to take a public backed team, lay the chalk, and win than it is to lose just because you feel that you are 'sharper' than everyone else.

And remember, as much as we don't want to hear it, we are the public.
                            Last edited by molta02; 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                              I corrected my post. I meant if the overwhelming majority of BC members are on one side the side usually loses.

I agree with you. It's Irrelevant. It has nothing to do with tonights game. I don't adhere to that style of capping but I've been on this site long enough to know that when members are overwhelmingly on one side that side usually burns the cash.
                              Frank, I also noticed that if you fade a GOY, you will win over 80% of the time. I wrote down 15 GOY's that were posted at 5 different websites, and only 1 won.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                                some good info in this thread- i'll add my thoughts (not about tonight, just in general):

In the past, I used to buy into fading the public, bettorschat, etc etc. However, this year I have completely ignored all of this stuff, and am glad that I am. The way I look at it- unless you fade BC and/or the public EVERY GAME, EVERY PLAY, you really lose any advantage, and IMO are essentially betting twice.

The public doesn't win/lose every bet. For example, everyone in the world was on LSU week 1, and lots of people faded it for that reason and lost, as LSU rolled 45-0 in one of the easiest covers I have ever seen. I think it was more sharp to stick to your guns and take LSU even with the 'public' on it than it was to back a dog who didn't even sniff the goalline.

The whole square/sharp/public thing is getting out of control on these boards this year (especially the other board). And remember, for every 'square' out there betting $50 and laying the chalk, there are plenty of wannabe 'sharps' playing the dog 'just because of the squares' and betting $500. While it doesn't always even out (equal action isn't a reality with everygame), the books take ALL their action at +110 and are happy.

Also, these % of bets that are so popular online should be taken with a grain of salt. In terms of # of bets, a $10 bettor counts just as much as a $1000 bettor. I was in Vegas last week, and couldn't believe how many people I saw betting $10-$20 a game.

Also, I think it is much sharper to take a public backed team, lay the chalk, and win than it is to lose just because you feel that you are 'sharper' than everyone else.

And remember, as much as we don't want to hear it, we are the public.
                                Exactly? Who gives two shits what the public was on....I laugh every time I hear shit like "the public is on this" or "all the services are on that" the biggest joke of capping I have ever heard. Its like researching and capping a game you wish to bet and than after spending a bunch of time in the process after your done you see everyone on it or all the services on it and dont bet it....I could go on for countless hours about this GARBAGE the public is this CRAP....In tonights LSU game all the LSU players are gonna be notified that "the public" and "all servies" are on them to cover so they must change their gameplan....:BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HHH

Good luck making money in the long run by fading BC members and the public or whatever....SUCH A JOKE.....

PS - And also Frank I totally disagree about your when everyone is all on a play on BC it typically loses.....I could look back and COUNT endless times where I have made lots of money off following a bunch of respected cappers on here who all have the same play and IT DOESNT LOSE.......

BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Keep fading the public guys...talk to me in a year and see how your doing.......

Last edited by Chado1; 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X