Report: McNabb says black QBs under more pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankb03
    Has any QB taken more criticism the past two season than Grossman?
    Bingo! Excellent point.

Comment

another classic donovan from last night-

did anyone else notice him franticly trying to get off a play before the 2 minute warning in the 4th Q. you are inside the 15, 4 down territory, a time out left. why does he need to hurry and get the play off, only to throw an incomplete pass. NO GAME AWARENESS!

Comment

It's funny, I didn't realize David Carr was black
        You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Another, typical COP OUT.........when things go bad, pull out the "Old racial bias trick".....they do have some naive fans that will fall for it...........

NOT ME.........

James Plunkett was Part Indian, when the public jumped on his ass, he didn't cry out, "There's a predujism againt "Native Americans".........

Have we not had Polish, English, French, Italian, and many other denominations of QB's....

Jake Delhomme is a "Cajun Boy" from the Bayous, as well as Favre, and a few more........Do they call on the "Cajuns Heritage" as a drawback..........

BS...in the foremost fashion.....This "Cop Out" is getting OLD.....IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
            another classic donovan from last night-

did anyone else notice him franticly trying to get off a play before the 2 minute warning in the 4th Q. you are inside the 15, 4 down territory, a time out left. why does he need to hurry and get the play off, only to throw an incomplete pass. NO GAME AWARENESS!
            Never has been the sharpest tack in the pack.

whether be black, brown, red or white - just not too sharp
            updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
            NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

All you need to do is listen to Jim Rome. I think that he describe what Mcnabb was saying. Yes I agree that he stinks and probably alot of you do look at the content of someones character instead of the color of ones skin. But listen to Jim Rome.....

Comment

i think that Payton Manning probably did more than any other QB in history (prior to winning a SB) and took more shit than anyone....I really do not understand. McNab is the most liked player in Phil. for years and of course playing in a majoe market he will be questioned. I believe it comes with the territory.

Quite frankly I think many people are tired of the "race issue" in everything. Can't anything be about what it is.....Mike Vick was prosecuted because he was black....They would not have gone after a white QB....blah blah blah

Now I hear Isiah say it is ok for a black man to denigrate a black woman but not a white man......WHAT?? isn't it just plain wrong to denegrate a woman?

I do not for the life of me understand how/why blacks want it both ways. To me this just alienates them instead of adding credence to their cause. I as a white male almost expect to hear the "race card" brought out on any issue involving a black. And if we as whites question it we are branded racists.....Believe me black people know this, but ultimately i think it hurts their cause. I am for justice. If a black person is treated wrong then I want it corrected for them. If an elderly person is treated bad I want the same. But please do not use the argument that your forefathers fought so hard for and make a mockery of it.

In a nutshell McNabb has not gotten it done and he like many other athletes needs a crutch (excuse)......and this is it.....

And someone ought to shoot the ESPN guy who calls him MAC-5.....what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                  i think that Payton Manning probably did more than any other QB in history (prior to winning a SB) and took more shit than anyone....I really do not understand. McNab is the most liked player in Phil. for years and of course playing in a majoe market he will be questioned. I believe it comes with the territory.

Quite frankly I think many people are tired of the "race issue" in everything. Can't anything be about what it is.....Mike Vick was prosecuted because he was black....They would not have gone after a white QB....blah blah blah

Now I hear Isiah say it is ok for a black man to denigrate a black woman but not a white man......WHAT?? isn't it just plain wrong to denegrate a woman?

I do not for the life of me understand how/why blacks want it both ways. To me this just alienates them instead of adding credence to their cause. I as a white male almost expect to hear the "race card" brought out on any issue involving a black. And if we as whites question it we are branded racists.....Believe me black people know this, but ultimately i think it hurts their cause. I am for justice. If a black person is treated wrong then I want it corrected for them. If an elderly person is treated bad I want the same. But please do not use the argument that your forefathers fought so hard for and make a mockery of it.

In a nutshell McNabb has not gotten it done and he like many other athletes needs a crutch (excuse)......and this is it.....

And someone ought to shoot the ESPN guy who calls him MAC-5.....what a joke
                  You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                    i think that Payton Manning probably did more than any other QB in history (prior to winning a SB) and took more shit than anyone....I really do not understand.
                    Let's not forget the overwhelming abuse Manning took from Dimer here at BC. lol

Comment

Originally posted by buddyluv1968
                      All you need to do is listen to Jim Rome. I think that he describe what Mcnabb was saying. Yes I agree that he stinks and probably alot of you do look at the content of someones character instead of the color of ones skin. But listen to Jim Rome.....
                      Speaking of Jim Rome and criticism. What about his abuse of Chris, I mean Jim, Evert?

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                        Let's not forget the overwhelming abuse Manning took from Dimer here at BC. lol

that sent him running to the media....

I do not know what Rome said but these sportscasters are so full of horseshit anyways and seem to have a spin on certain things......Funny thing is that these supposed "tough guy" athletes are pussies and whine when their little worlds get upset.....

Comment

First of all I think the real sports interview was taped before the season started so no knew what their record would be after the second week of the season. None of us seen the real sports interview so we do not know the context in which it was used. I am tired of the race issue when it is used as an excuse for bad behavior. " i.e. the man fired me because I was black... No man you were fired because you showed up late everyday. " I applaud this site because the members keep it straight and there are some real smart people on this site. But when there are few people in leadership positions you must represent to the fullest..... I think that is what he was trying to get across...

Comment

i AGEEE SOOOOOOOO MUCH WITH U GUYS I WAS TALKING WITH ONE OF MY GOOOD BUDDIES WHICH IS BLACK AND EVEN ALL THE BLACK CULTURE IS GETTING SICK OF HEARING THIS EXCUSE,AT LEAST PEOPLE THAT HAVE HALF A BRIAN SOME WILL TOTALLY AGREE WITH MCNABB BUT THAT THE ONES THAT ARE STILL LIVEING IN THE 1900S OR PEOPLE THAT ARE VERY RACIST,BUT I CANNOT BELIVE MCNABB EVEN PUTS HIMSELF IN THE SAME CLASS AS P.MANNING OR C.PALMER CAUSE MCNABB IS NOT EVENCLOSE TO THESE GUYS ESP. NOW!!!

EVERYTIME I MEAN EVERYTIME, THESE BLACK PEOPLE HAVE NO OTHER AGRUMENT THEY PULL OUT THE BLACK/WHITE THING GOD IM SOOOO SICK OF HEARING OR SEEING THIS SHITT ON TV. THE BIG PART I BLAME IS THE FUCKING MEDIA,
                            I SAY THIS ONE LAST THING IF A WHITE MAN,BLACK MAN And a black female go for the same job with all the same QUALIFCATIONS WHO DO U THINK WILL GET THE JOB???AND WHO DO U THINK THEY WILL PICK LAST THAT RIGHT THE WHITE GUY THE MEDIA IS THE ONES THAT TALK ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY SAYING A WHITE MAN HAS A HARDER TIME GETTING A JOB THEN ANYBODY AND U STILL HEAR ALL THIS RACTIAL SHITTTTT,, COME ON MANN ITS 2007 NOT 1918 SHITT PULL YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ASS AND LEARN HOW TO TAKE SOME CRITISUM

WHO WAS THAT TALKING ALL THAT SHITT ABOUT MCNABB A COUPLE YEARS AGO SHITT EVEN TODAY THE GUY STILLS TALKS SHITT ABOUT HIM<><<> TO.TO. TO. AND HE IS A BLACK MAN TALKING SHITT ABOUT MCNABB IS OLD TEAMMATE WHY DOES MCNABB NOT SAY THAT WAS RACTIS LOLOL I HATE PEOPLE WITH DOUBLE STANDARDS HE CANNOT TAKE THE FALL FOR HIS ACTIONS ON THE FIELD THAT HE NOW SUCKS AND IS NOT FULLY RECOVERD FROM IS INJ. SO HE HAS TO CRY THAT ITS A BLACK/WHITE THING
                            THATS MY 2 CENTS
                            GLLLLLLLL FUCK U MCNABB
                            GETER DONE PEACE
                            Last edited by rocko; 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM.
                            U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
                            THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                            BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

"that show 'the amazing race'.....is that about white people?"

-Zach Galifinakis
                              1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

I believe Buddyluv has said he is black and I have to agree with him that we really have to reserve judgement until we see the interview. In all fairness sometimes there are just quotes taken out here and there with no regard to context and put out there in an article.

I think the spirit here is that if there is an injustice I believe most people would be upset about that. However I think that many agree that overuse of the race card (ie like Buddyluc said about getting fired)....actually hurts the validity of it when it DOES exist....

Comment

Working...
                                X