Clay Buchholz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayne1218
    ctt, It's simple. What is the 1st thing brought up when talking about a starting pitchers career? It's not hey, how many K's did he have or Hey, what was his Era. It is ... How many wins did he have. Alot of wins generally = Alot of K's and a very good Era. If you are betting on 2 starting pitchers for a season and wins are not part of the wager, it is ridiculous. When a starting pitcher is up for a HOF Vote, what is the 1st thing talked about in the debate? It's wins and how many did he have.
    Wayne, you are so wrong! I can definately see somoen winning 300 games and having an ERA of 6! You are bieng very shortsighted and have no clue!!!!
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
      Wayne, you are so wrong! I can definately see somoen winning 300 games and having an ERA of 6! You are bieng very shortsighted and have no clue!!!!
      Some people are so numb in their comments that it is still funny days later. I agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by ctt8410
        When was the last time a guy with 200 strikeouts didn't have an ERA under 4? I guess I don't really get the argument that wins are more important since all 3 stats are interrelated.

i wonder if Nolan Ryan falls in that category

Comment

• The closest Nolan came was 209 Ks with a 3.80 ERA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctt8410
            The closest Nolan came was 209 Ks with a 3.80 ERA.

thanks....

Comment

• I agree that the HOF looks at wins first, just like the Cy Young voters, but which stat better defines the quality of a pitcher? And which stat begets which?

If you have alot of Ks, then you'll have a low ERA and win alot of games. If you have a low ERA, then you'll have alot of Ks and you'll win alot of games. They're all so closely related.

I just think it's funny that baseball is really the only team sport that gives team wins as a stat to one individual player. Rex Grossman is 20-7 as a starting quarterback, but he's not exactly an all-star.

Comment

• I'll add that this one of the things that I love about sports. You can argue 2 different sides of an issue and neither person is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X