Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigers aren't going anywhere in the playoffs with a bullpen like that!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will change. Jim Leyland will make it happen!! I do believe that they will give Jones every chance to come around...but by mid August if he isn't performing they will make a deal....Jones has burnt me many times and so has JENKS from the Sox...Jenks came through tonight!! Just my opinion my friend!

Wow Jones sitting at 6.23 ERA after this Fiasco...Forget August I can't see this guy sticking around...Where is LSU when I need him with a little sign waving Todd Jones good bye????????

Comment

I'm a tribe fan, have been all my life. I would not count them out of it. CC and Carmona are capable of matching up with anyone right now. Both could win 20 if they stay healthy and get a little luck. Westbrook, Lee and Byrd are hit or miss right now and its not even July yet. They did pretty good in a 10 stretch againt Detroit/Boston/Detroit about 30 days ago, but thats not September or October. Our closer is not lights out, but seems to escape most of the time.
      Too bad I didn't have money on this prediction!

Not only did we win the division that even a couple bozos on ESPN claimed the Tigers would win just a month ago, but we may very well end up with the best record in the American League. Nobody has a 1-2 punch that can match CC and Carmona - I like our chances alot this year. First time ever they've had this much talent in the pitching area in the playoffs!!! It was always the great hitting that couldn't match up with the great pitching in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ICD55
        Not only did we win the division that even a couple bozos on ESPN claimed the Tigers would win just a month ago,
        The same bozos all but handed the NL East title to the Braves when they acquired Teixeira and their other trade deadline deals. All we heard was how much better the Braves had become overnight.

Comment

Too bad I didn't have money on this prediction!

Not only did we win the division that even a couple bozos on ESPN claimed the Tigers would win just a month ago, but we may very well end up with the best record in the American League. Nobody has a 1-2 punch that can match CC and Carmona - I like our chances alot this year. First time ever they've had this much talent in the pitching area in the playoffs!!! It was always the great hitting that couldn't match up with the great pitching in the playoffs.

I commend the Tribe for winning the division, but lets not get too far carried away.
          During the stretch you describe thet lost 6 of 7 combined to Red Sox and Yankees at HOME.
          Their record for year against Red Sox was 2-5 and against Yankees 0-6.
          They will have to competely turn this around to have any chance in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
            Their record for year against Red Sox was 2-5 and against Yankees 0-6.
            They will have to competely turn this around to have any chance in the playoffs.
            You should know based on last year what happens during the season is meaningless in the playoffs. You predicted the Yanks would sweep the Tigers last year in the playoffs. You gave the Tigers NO CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
              You should know based on last year what happens during the season is meaningless in the playoffs. You predicted the Yanks would sweep the Tigers last year in the playoffs. You gave the Tigers NO CHANCE
              Yes-I did say Yanks would win;did I really say sweep or that Yanks would win?
              I didn't say this year Indians had no chance;I was simply trying to temper ICD's enthusiasm a little bit by pointing to what happened when the Tribe played some important games at home against the Sox and Yankees.
              I think Yanks will win the WS this year, as they seem unstoppable and determined.
              Ok- I will make another prediction:
              If they meet the Yankees any time in the playoffs, I give them at best a 10% chance of prevailing.
              Against Sox, their chances might be somewhat better as Sox are hurting and playing so-so baseball.
              I say Yankees will defeat Colorado Rockies in the World Series;I just have a hunch that somehow these guys are going to get in the playoffs.

Comment

If they meet the Yankees any time in the playoffs, I give them at best a 10% chance of prevailing.
                Against Sox, their chances might be somewhat better as Sox are hurting and playing so-so baseball.
                Savage - You can't be serious last night when you posted this were you?

Cleveland is in the playoffs along with LA and Boston. NY will no doubt get it later this week. The East teams can not play each other so Cleveland gets one of them in the first round. That is a given.

If they play NY, I will take your 10% chance which translates into 10-1 odds. My $100 against your $1000.

If they play BOSTON, you said the odds would be slightly better, so what's that? 8-1 odds? Again, I'll take my $100 against your $800 on that one.

Cleveland has CC & Carmona.
                Boston has Beckett
                NY has ummm, who exactly do they have this year as their ace?

They don't have the hitting like the Yanks, but pitching usually wins championships. Hitting will win a bunch of games during the season against weaker pitching. Just ask any Cleveland fan how many WS rings they got in the 90s when they had the best hitting teams in the league but just average pitching.

Cleveland vs Boston almost even odds.
                Cleveland vs NY, I would say NY will be -200 and Cleveland +180, just because everyone will expect NY to win it all, but it could be closer than that if they end up with the best record and get to choose the extra day of rest. If CC had NY hitting behind him, he would have 25 wins right now and the CY YOUNG in his back pocket.

Comment

Savage - You can't be serious last night when you posted this were you?

Cleveland is in the playoffs along with LA and Boston. NY will no doubt get it later this week. The East teams can not play each other so Cleveland gets one of them in the first round. That is a given.

If they play NY, I will take your 10% chance which translates into 10-1 odds. My $100 against your $1000.

If they play BOSTON, you said the odds would be slightly better, so what's that? 8-1 odds? Again, I'll take my $100 against your $800 on that one.

Cleveland has CC & Carmona.
                  Boston has Beckett
                  NY has ummm, who exactly do they have this year as their ace?

They don't have the hitting like the Yanks, but pitching usually wins championships. Hitting will win a bunch of games during the season against weaker pitching. Just ask any Cleveland fan how many WS rings they got in the 90s when they had the best hitting teams in the league but just average pitching.

Cleveland vs Boston almost even odds.
                  Cleveland vs NY, I would say NY will be -200 and Cleveland +180, just because everyone will expect NY to win it all, but it could be closer than that if they end up with the best record and get to choose the extra day of rest. If CC had NY hitting behind him, he would have 25 wins right now and the CY YOUNG in his back pocket.
                  I said somewhat better against Red Sox.
                  If there are good odds of Yankees sweep against Cleveland should they meet in the playoffs, I will take them(and remember I am Sox diehard).
                  You can throw this in my face if I am wrong, and I will admit I was dead wrong, but I will be SHOCKED if Cleveland wins more than one game against any series with Yankees.
                  I know they say to throw out regular season when it comes to playoffs, but in this case and having watched some of the games, I really don't believe deep down inside Indians believe they can defeat Yankees.
                  Last edited by savage1; 09-25-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

As a Sox fan of course I will root for Cleveland in the series, but I still think Yanks will win this series in a sweep or 4 games.

Comment

You love this thread posted on june 25th huh savage....
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I am sticking by the prediction made in #21:
                        I say Yankees will defeat Colorado Rockies in the World Series;I just have a hunch that somehow these guys(Rockies) are going to get in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                        X