X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHL
    Dunkel

New Jersey at Tampa Bay
    The Lightning have put up a good fight, but the New Jersey defense and goalie Martin Brodeur finally looked to have worn Tampa Bay down in Game Five. Brodeur recorded 31 saves in a 3-0 win, shutting down the Lightning's high-scoring combo of Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis, and erasing some of the concerns that had surfaced after he allowed three goals in four consecutive playoff games. Even with the Lightning outshooting the Devils 31-14, Brodeur got stronger as the game wore on. New Jersey looks like a good pick to close out the series on the road today according to Dunkel, which has the Devils favored straight up by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: New Jersey. Here are all of today's games.

SUNDAY, APRIL 22

Game 31-32: New Jersey at Tampa Bay
    Dunkel Ratings: New Jersey 12.688; Tampa Bay 11.412
    Dunkel Line & Total: New Jersey by 1 1/2; 6
    Vegas Line & Total: New Jersey by 1 1/2; 5
    Dunkel Pick: Neutral; Over

Game 33-34: Detroit at Calgary
    Dunkel Ratings: Detroit 13.439; Calgary 12.443
    Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 1; 5 1/2
    Vegas Line & Total: Detroit by 1 1/2; 5
    Dunkel Pick: Calgary (+1 1/2); Over

Comment

Pro Basketball – Write up

NBA
      Write-up

Sunday, April 22

Washington lost 12 of last 16 games, playing down the stretch without Arenas or Butler; eight of their last nine games stayed under total, as they lack firepower with Arenas sidelined. Cavs won last four games, and 17 of last 24; they were 2-1 vs Wiz this season, beating them 99-94 16 days ago in DC.

Phoenix trailed Lakers 3-1 last year, rallied to win in seven; this year, they have Stoudemire playing, which they didn't last year. Suns beat LA two out of three this season, losing at Staples Opening Night. Lakers won last two games, but were just 12-20 in their last 32 contests.

Spurs lost last three games, including 100-77 loss to Denver on this floor Wednesday, but now real season starts; Nuggets are 10-1 in last 11 games; by teaming Iverson with Anthony, they think they have firepower to make run in this tournament; five of their last six games went over the total.

Golden State is in playoffs for first time in 13 years; they went 9-1 down stretch, winning last five games to qualify, now face Dallas squad that went 47-4 in one stretch this season- to beat them four out of seven will be tough. Nelson coached Dallas before handing reins over to Johnson.

Comment

Hockey – Write up

NHL
        Write-up

Sunday, April 22

Home side now 9-0 in Calgary-Detroit games this season, as the Wings held serve yesterday in Motor City, outshooting guests 29-18 in first two periods. Flames won pair of 3-2 games at home now need another Saddledome win to force Game 7. Wings are 0-10 on power play in Calgary, 5-23 at Joe Louis. Detroit won 37 of 47 faceoffs that weren't in their zone Saturday.

Devils blanked Tampa in last five periods to take 3-2 edge, now can eliminate Lightning with win on road ice. Tampa Bay is 1-14 on power play in last four games; three of four series games in this rink stayed under this season. Jersey had only 14 shots on goal in Game 5, but scored in every period of 3-0 win.

Comment

NHL
          Short Sheet

1:05 EDT Game

Sunday, April 22nd

Eastern Conference Playoffs
          First Round, Game Six
          Devils Lead, 3-2
          TV: NBC
          (TC) New Jersey at Tampa Bay, 1:05 EST

New Jersey:
          4-8 SU off a shutout win
          12-3 Under Away on Sunday

Tampa Bay:
          21-9 SU at home when the money line is -100 to -150
          25-13 Under in home games

Comment

thanks fellows---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Sunday's List of 13: Things that puzzle, amaze, baffle me:

13) How did the Raiders become an NFL doormat?

12) If cities get sucked into building these new stadiums for teams, why don't they just buy the teams, guaranteeing that they would stay in that city? Wouldn't that make sense?

11) Bunch of boosters convinced Oklahoma State to take life insurance policies out on them; by time all the boosters die, the school will pocket roughly $250 million. Seriously.

10) Back in the 40's, why didn't the owner of some terrible big league team sign a whole Negro League team? Wouldn't they have gotten a lot better, maybe even a contender? If winning is so important, you'd think someone would have done this.

9) I laugh when I think that there are college football playoff systems in I-AA, D-II and D-III, but not in the bigtime. Bowl system is so entrenched, someone has to be pocketing ton of money for a playoff not to have happened yet.

8) Why hasn't someone brought Steak 'N Shake to New York? This needs to happen.

7) I am baffled as to why the NBA doesn't allow any kind of defense to be played. I know they don't want lower scoring games, but college fans don't seem to mind zones. Marketing stars only is a stupid way to promote a league.

6) It annoys me when people whine about security in airports which is done for the public's safety. You have to get there a few minutes earlier; is that such a hardship?

5) Poker's growth is amazing; did you know Gilbert Arenas of the Wizards plays online poker at halftime of NBA games? It is more stunning that he told a reporter about it, but poker is almost beyond a fad now. Lot of people are addicted to it.

4) Why doesn't baseball promote or even televise its amateur draft? Wouldn't this be smart, or are they afraid of exposing a system where young players take 3-5 years to make majors, as opposed to other sports, where kids make it right away.

3) It has always amazed me that it is harder to get a license to drive a car than it is to get a marriage license. Of course, it is lot more fun to drive than be married, but thats just me.......

2) I was amazed that People Magazine had an issue with the Virginia Tech massacre on newsstands Friday morning, when the shootings occurred on Monday. Nothing like capitalizing on someone's grief.

1) Why don't major league teams take infield practice before a game anymore? Is Allen Iverson running baseball? Are they too cool to practice? Do they not need it? They still take BP, pitchers still warm up, why don't fielders practice?

Comment

NHL
                Short Sheet

9:05 EDT Game

Western Conference Playoffs
                First Round, Game Five
                Red Wings Lead, 3-2
                TV: VER
                (TC) Detroit at Calgary, 9:05 EST

Calgary:
                12-1 SU at home revenging a road loss of 3+ goals
                32-11 SU in home games

Detroit:
                4-11 SU playing on BB days
                1-5 SU at Calgary
                Last edited by Udog; 04-22-2007, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Guys, GL today!

NCAA Hoops 14-14-1 -2.35 units NFL 2-1 +1 unit
                  NBA 6-7-1 -2.32 units NHL 10-4-1 +3.95 units
                  MLB 6-7-1 -2.95u WNBA 1-0 +1u. NCAAF 3-1 +1.5 u

Comment

Working...
                  X