Baaaaarry!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDOG55
    This may seem a little 'gay' but this is ultimately the reason that I am a huge Barry fan. I have lived in Pittsburgh my entire life and when I was just starting to play baseball seriously it was the late 80's and early 90's. I always went to Pirate games with my father and sat in the mezzanine seats(first 5 rows of the upper deck) at Three Rivers Stadium. During warm-ups one day Bonds was shagging fly balls in left field and throwing them into the stands. I always liked Barry and even wore #24 when I played myself. Being a 9 year old child I was yelling at Barry to throw me a ball and somehow he actually heard me. He caught another lazy fly ball during BP and turned to the upper deck and pointed at me. He threw me a perfect strike that I caught and I still have the ball to this day. The reason I posted this was because yesterday we were looking at pictures and watching movies on my birthday and I had pictures of a ball game in one stack. Baseball has given me some great memories and that one game that Barry threw me the ball is one of the most vivid.
    That's a great story...too bad there so few good stories about the guy.

To me the gu is an arrogant prick...Yes a great player no arguing there.
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Ding!

Comment

Hank Aaron Look Out
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Whether or not Bonds used steroids it's amazing what he is accomplishing at his age.

Comment

His swing is so perfect...perfect balance, straight front leg, quick turn and fast hands...knock, knock Hank, Here comes Barry!!!

Comment

This may seem a little 'gay' but this is ultimately the reason that I am a huge Barry fan. I have lived in Pittsburgh my entire life and when I was just starting to play baseball seriously it was the late 80's and early 90's. I always went to Pirate games with my father and sat in the mezzanine seats(first 5 rows of the upper deck) at Three Rivers Stadium. During warm-ups one day Bonds was shagging fly balls in left field and throwing them into the stands. I always liked Barry and even wore #24 when I played myself. Being a 9 year old child I was yelling at Barry to throw me a ball and somehow he actually heard me. He caught another lazy fly ball during BP and turned to the upper deck and pointed at me. He threw me a perfect strike that I caught and I still have the ball to this day. The reason I posted this was because yesterday we were looking at pictures and watching movies on my birthday and I had pictures of a ball game in one stack. Baseball has given me some great memories and that one game that Barry threw me the ball is one of the most vivid.
              DOG, I TOOK MY 11 YR OLD DAUGHTER TO THE PIRATE GAME ON TUESDAY. WE HAD OUTFIELD SEATS, SHE KEPT YELLING TO THE OUTFIELDERS TO THROW HER THE BALL AFTER THEY WERE DONE CATCHING.
              IN THE 6TH INNING, THE PIRATES RIGHT FIELDER ELDRIGE FINALLY DID. AND IT MADE HER DAY.
              THAT'S WHAT KEEPS ALL THIS OTHER NEGATIVE STUFF FROM REALLY BEING USELESS.
              I ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL REMEMBER BARRY FOR BEING A GREAT BALLPLAYER.

Comment

Is barry's head still 2 hat sizes bigger along with his feet going from a 10 to a 12

Comment

His swing is so perfect...perfect balance, straight front leg, quick turn and fast hands...knock, knock Hank, Here comes Barry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcmcd
                    let me guess, you think steroids let Bonds hit 741 HR's?

Comment

Ding! #8

Comment

Eagle
                        Kruise Record 28-21

Comment

you guys are too quick...i just signed back on to do this...

ding, dong #8

Comment

let me guess, you think steroids let Bonds hit 741 HR's?
                            look i loved when barry&bobby were mashing with the pirates. the thing is; its like your in some time warp my man. baaaaaary doesnt need you to build him up more he does that enough himself.

Comment

where is the scientific evidence that juice will make you a better ball player?

Do I believe he took roids ? Yes I do. With saying that there has never been a study on BASEBALL that steroids will improve your eye sight, coordination, bat speed, technique,overall swing, and hand eye coordination. I do know that it will give you more overall power but at what cost? Will the bigger muscles slow down your bat speed? Will the sore joints and tender ligaments give and ruin your career? I dont know if maybe this crap will hurt your game more than help it. Its not a contact sport like football where your strenght is measured against the guy your standing across from.

My own opinion is its nothing more than a placebo effect and could actually harm your baseball game more than help it but until there is some HARD PROOF THAT STEROIDS WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER BASEBALL PLAYER WHO THE HELL KNOWS???

p.s it wasnt even on baseball banned list when he was taking it.

Comment

ding dong...number 9 tonight...knock knock

Comment

Working...
                                X