Did I Miss Something???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Miss Something???

I was watching the end of the Purdue vs NW game and NW is trying to foul at the end to extend the game.

They successfully commit a reach in in the back court and the Purdue player was awarded 3 free throws.

The announcer goes on to say that when a foul is committed in the back court with under one minute (he might have said two minutes, not sure) the player is awarded 3 free throws in an effort to cut down all of the fouling at the end of games.

I have merely one question...

SINCE FCUKING WHEN???

I have been watching basketball for a long time and I've never even heard this as a proposal. Is this a Big 10 rule? I've watched no less than 100 Big 10 games this year and have never seen a team awarded 3 FTs in this situation.

Have I lost my mind or has anyone else ever heard of this rule?
    Last edited by bigjimt; 02-24-2007, 02:29 PM.
    The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

I have never heard of this either..............

Comment

you got me, I didn't know about this myself
      Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

The player was awarded 3 FTs and made only the 3rd.

If this had effected the spread result I would've needed to be put in a straight jacket for my own safety.

Comment

That is definitely not an NCAA rule, maybe there was a lane violation on the 1st one?
          O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Apples is right. That is not a rule.

Comment

How about B.C. up 5 with :08 left after a Clemson dunk. They put the ball in play and Clemson stands there for 8 ticks and doesn't foul? I lose by a hook cuz a cbb team down only 5 doesn't foul. HUH? WHAT???

All i need is a foul and one fucken free throw!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                How about B.C. up 5 with :08 left after a Clemson dunk. They put the ball in play and Clemson stands there for 8 ticks and doesn't foul? I lose by a hook cuz a cbb team down only 5 doesn't foul. HUH? WHAT???

brutal, just brutal
                Questions, comments, complaints:
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218

Had the same damn thing happen with JC's cards a couple weeks ago vs nova I think. Have nova -4.5 and nova has ball up 4 with about 6 secs left. they inbound and pitino doesn't have his team foul WTF??

Comment

I'm guessing the announcers were mistaken, but when I heard it live at the time I was baffled.

As far as the BC/Clemson game...

It sure does seem like teams do bizarre things at the end of these games now more than ever.

The timeout after a make to just let the team inbound and run out the clock is way up on that list.

Comment

All I heard it was an intentional foul and that is why he was awarded 3 free throws.

Comment

Wouldn't an intentional foul be 2 shots and the ball?

And thank you Pitt for pissing away what should have at least been an easy cover.

Comment

Working...
                        X