"2 African-American Coaches in the SB" Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbell
    Just out of curiousity, what problem do you have with a thread like this being opened? I believe the first post referred to the number of times this will be mentioned and beat to deathby the "experts". Do you think it is a big news story, (which means the thread would be fine) or a no story?

I think the person who opened the thread had good intentions...but the more it gets talked about I think the more some of the ignorant people can take it the wrong way and make it worse.

It is a news story....and it should be for this year, but my point was I would hope this won't be a news story ever again after the Super Bowl.

Comment

There aren't enough white cornerbacks. Should a special rule be made to guarantee a white cornerback gets a look to make the team? How about the NBA? SO tired of hearing not enough "blacks" in football. Maybe management roles but certainly not personnel. If it could just ALL be based on performance. On the field is ok but off the field isn't? Makes sense.

agreed
      1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Seriously, it's great that both coaches are there BUT ...

They eat, drink, breath and sleep like we do. Why tha' fuck do we have to make an issue about it because their skin is tinted a different color than us? To me, they are Nfl Coaches and human beings, not black, colored or anything else really. Color means nothing to me, they are just people too!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
          I think the person who opened the thread had good intentions...but the more it gets talked about I think the more some of the ignorant people can take it the wrong way and make it worse.

It is a news story....and it should be for this year, but my point was I would hope this won't be a news story ever again after the Super Bowl.
          Well we can agree to disagree as I think burying heads in the sand and not talking about race relations, regardless of how the dialogue is started, is more damaging long term then talking about one's views and opinions. And just b/c someone might have an opinion different of yours doesn't necessarily make them ignorant. (not saying that comment was directed towards me either) I would rather know what is in someone's mind/heart then to assume it.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Seriously, it's great that both coaches are there BUT ...

They eat, drink, breath and sleep like we do. Why tha' fuck do we have to make an issue about it because their skin is tinted a different color than us? To me, they are Nfl Coaches and human beings, not black, colored or anything else really. Color means nothing to me, they are just people too!
            So why do you think the media is playing this up over and over? I agree 100% with your post, but why do you think it's not covered that way?

Comment

So why do you think the media is playing this up over and over? I agree 100% with your post, but why do you think it's not covered that way?
              Because it is something called "The 1st"

If it were a midget, woman, chinese man or a deaf person, it would be treated the same way. Media LOVES a "1ST" of anything.

Comment

Because it is something called "The 1st"

If it were a midget, woman, chinese man or a deaf person, it would be treated the same way. Media LOVES a "1ST" of anything.
                Agreed, but do you think that doing it over and over will wind up backfiring in the minds of many? If it's meant to "promote" how far the NFL has come, doesn't it get to the point of saturation where people will look beyond the "first" message and say enough already? To me it does just the opposite of the initial intention.

Comment

Agreed, but do you think that doing it over and over will wind up backfiring in the minds of many? If it's meant to "promote" how far the NFL has come, doesn't it get to the point of saturation where people will look beyond the "first" message and say enough already? To me it does just the opposite of the initial intention.
                  I agree 100% and personally, i think this thread is a "Joke" and never needed to be started. Give them credit in threads for being great coaches aside from the color of their skin. IT IS RIDICULOUS (IMO).

I look at this world as having 2 races, that's it. The human race which is us and the Mental race which is people like Bin Laden, Jeffrey Dahmer and others who don't deserve to be here. Other than that, i could truly care less what people look like or what color their skin is tinted. Who friggin' cares and why should they?

Comment

I agree 100% and personally, i think this thread is a "Joke" and never needed to be started. Give them credit in threads for being great coaches aside from the color of their skin. IT IS RIDICULOUS (IMO).

I look at this world as having 2 races, that's it. The human race which is us and the Mental race which is people like Bin Laden, Jeffrey Dahmer and others who don't deserve to be here. Other than that, i could truly care less what people look like or what color their skin is tinted. Who friggin' cares and why should they?
                    I don't agree that the thread is a joke since it shows people's frustration with this getting rammed down the throat. And where you are geographically might (note I write MIGHT) also influence your beliefs and opinions that differ from others. Dialogue is good, avoidance is bad in my opinion.

Comment

I don't agree that the thread is a joke since it shows people's frustration with this getting rammed down the throat. And where you are geographically might (note I write MIGHT) also influence your beliefs and opinions that differ from others. Dialogue is good, avoidance is bad in my opinion.

Well once again, the more it is talked about, the more it becomes an issue that it shouldn't be as Spark has already noted. They are great coaches and that's it (imo). I certainly never said "Wow, a black coach is in the Super Bowl" ... What? Why? Who gives a fuck?

Comment

Well once again, the more it is talked about, the more it becomes an issue that it shouldn't be as Spark has already noted. They are great coaches and that's it (imo). I certainly never said "Wow, a black coach is in the Super Bowl" ... What? Why? Who gives a fuck?
                        YOU never said that, but that is EXACTLY what the media is saying 24/7. To me, it takes away from their accomplishment as a coach and emphasizes the accomplishment as a "black" coach.

Comment

Comment

YOU never said that, but that is EXACTLY what the media is saying 24/7. To me, it takes away from their accomplishment as a coach and emphasizes the accomplishment as a "black" coach.
                            I agree but posting threads that "Alert" everybody that the coaches are "African American" is fucken stupid. First off, we all know that and 2nd, most don't care. Are we going to "Cap" this game or cheer any differently? Fuck no!

Comment

to me its a discredit to all involved to mention this again and again. they're good coaches and made the big game. to continually bring up their race means we aren't as far along as i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02

I agree ... I was just sick of reading this racial shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X